Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

We are being duped!

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Dec 26, 2013
Kane is quick to point out that all of his minions are merely pawns. He may not flatly state it, but he makes it perfectly clear that he considers himself superior to everyone and everything. And up until now he's backed that up... he is truly a tough cookie. But I think he's just a smokescreen and, yes, even being used as a pawn himself and he's not even aware of it. I think the real threat to the spiral is yet to come... from an enemy we've already faced. An enemy so old they preceded the Sharks, and the Scaly Ones. So old they are not even a footnote in the Spiral's recorded history. They were banished to the "Outside" eons ago by the Drakes but they've been regrouping and gaining strength. We thwarted their initial probing attack but there's no proof we've really stopped them.
Their names are as strange and seemingly alien as they themselves... Darzoz, Saragoz, Natanzor, Crangor, Reptanor, Uropodor. And their leader is The Emporer Prawn!
(fear the shrimp)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
TucsonWizard on Jul 13, 2016 wrote:
Kane is quick to point out that all of his minions are merely pawns. He may not flatly state it, but he makes it perfectly clear that he considers himself superior to everyone and everything. And up until now he's backed that up... he is truly a tough cookie. But I think he's just a smokescreen and, yes, even being used as a pawn himself and he's not even aware of it. I think the real threat to the spiral is yet to come... from an enemy we've already faced. An enemy so old they preceded the Sharks, and the Scaly Ones. So old they are not even a footnote in the Spiral's recorded history. They were banished to the "Outside" eons ago by the Drakes but they've been regrouping and gaining strength. We thwarted their initial probing attack but there's no proof we've really stopped them.
Their names are as strange and seemingly alien as they themselves... Darzoz, Saragoz, Natanzor, Crangor, Reptanor, Uropodor. And their leader is The Emporer Prawn!
(fear the shrimp)
Lol

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
I like 'Uropodor' which means Mr. "Side tail appendages" in Crustaceanese

Gunner's Mate
Dec 26, 2013
anecorbie on Jul 13, 2016 wrote:
Lol
Laugh if you will... but mark my words... the day will come when these cunning, conniving crustaceans will come calling with a cool, calculated cocktail of catastrophic carnage culminating in the complete collapse of civilization as we know it!
(see what I did there... cocktail... shrimp cocktail, ha ha, sometimes I kill me)
(Pardon my alliteration.)

Developer
Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
and then you find out it's true......

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Ensign
Jul 26, 2013
Yes! You're on to something!

When you think about it, it makes sense. Didn't you think that dungeon was TOO easy? This is Kane we are talking about! He is the Loki of the P101 world and if I know one thing about Loki it''s that he fakes his death TWICE. Then he comes back swinging and surprising us all. I'm not the only one when I thought that huge fortress in the middle of a world would be a ten fight dungeon with different battle boards but, all we got was a basic fight,break the stuff,and then a relatively easy boss battle (given you brought a good team).

Sorry but I'm going to tie in more stuff, Thanos is suspected to be controlling Loki so maybe he IS being controlled? Maybe Kane really is just another pawn being used by no other than what ever evil is within el dorado? I know its all ready been said but not the El Dorado part.It all makes sense now! I know the people at KI are not afraid to add pop culture references. They referenced "fish sticks and custard! who eats this stuff?" from doctor who etc. Lets face it we got some pretty awesome geeks making this game so the whole Loki-Thanos/Kane-??? could be a real possibility with the out come of this game.

For those of you who don't know Loki, you're probably not 13 and haven't seen the Avengers just know he is an awful lot like Kane (always with an ace up his sleeve) and the bomb-dot-com.

NOTE: KI does not in anyway have any claims to marvel and probably has nothing to do with my ideas about Kane being similar to Loki. Loki and Thanos are owned by the marvel franchise (disney). It's all conspiracy!

Gunner's Mate
Dec 26, 2013
Blind Mew on Jul 14, 2016 wrote:
I like the way you think...
Uh oh...

Just in case... to the Emperor Prawn and entire Prawn community I offer the following retraction:

"I'm sorry about the disparaging remarks. Please understand that what I said was only in the interest of my fellow residents in the Spiral. I'm certain when you do rain defeat and destruction down upon us it will most definitely NOT be in a cunning, conniving or calculated manner but will be carried out in the most painless and humane(?) method possible. Thank you Your Shrimpiness."

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
No!
The prawns were wiped out Millenia ago and they will not return
I put my boot in the ground and I say they are not returning and not as puppet masters of Kane
I dismiss your humourful poem

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Maybe the Prawns built El Dorado ( and it's killing machines )?

Gunner's Mate
Dec 26, 2013
witchdoctor daruis on Jul 15, 2016 wrote:
No!
The prawns were wiped out Millenia ago and they will not return
I put my boot in the ground and I say they are not returning and not as puppet masters of Kane
I dismiss your humourful poem
Ah, but they were not wiped out. We fought them ourselves... as young pirates before we even got out of the Skull Island Skyway. They were merely banished by "the Drakes" (Dragons?) before the beginning of recorded Spiral history. Even the venerable Mordecai said he had no knowledge of them. That would put them in the same time frame as the Titans and Dragons... essentially, the beginning of the Spiral as we know it.
And we all know what happens when we are merciful with evil-doers instead of completely obliterating them... they inevitably rear their ugly heads again.
These are resourceful adversaries. They managed to infiltrate Skull Island to the point that they had even reached the caverns below Avery's Court! They duped the dimwitted Sharks fairly easily and would have done the same to us had it not been for Vadima. Her mojo gave us the ability to see through their illusion.
(They do need to work on perfecting their pirate lingo however)

Lieutenant
Aug 19, 2011
Tch... There's no way I'm getting pushed around by some shrimp!

Just give me some cocktail sauce, and I'll have this over with real quick.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
TucsonWizard on Jul 15, 2016 wrote:
Ah, but they were not wiped out. We fought them ourselves... as young pirates before we even got out of the Skull Island Skyway. They were merely banished by "the Drakes" (Dragons?) before the beginning of recorded Spiral history. Even the venerable Mordecai said he had no knowledge of them. That would put them in the same time frame as the Titans and Dragons... essentially, the beginning of the Spiral as we know it.
And we all know what happens when we are merciful with evil-doers instead of completely obliterating them... they inevitably rear their ugly heads again.
These are resourceful adversaries. They managed to infiltrate Skull Island to the point that they had even reached the caverns below Avery's Court! They duped the dimwitted Sharks fairly easily and would have done the same to us had it not been for Vadima. Her mojo gave us the ability to see through their illusion.
(They do need to work on perfecting their pirate lingo however)
Hmm true

It's probably time the gaurd gets quadrupled and I send my own crew down their for defence

If we ever neede to defeat the prawns, couldn't we just call upon these "drakes" to banish them again and do the work for us

Also another reason that Kane and company couldn't be pawns of prawns is because that they are machines, and cannot be under the influence of min control or something of the sorts, unless the "perfect" golden mind has a flaw?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
witchdoctor daruis on Jul 16, 2016 wrote:
Hmm true

It's probably time the gaurd gets quadrupled and I send my own crew down their for defence

If we ever neede to defeat the prawns, couldn't we just call upon these "drakes" to banish them again and do the work for us

Also another reason that Kane and company couldn't be pawns of prawns is because that they are machines, and cannot be under the influence of min control or something of the sorts, unless the "perfect" golden mind has a flaw?
If the Prawns built El Dorado and those machines, then the Golden Mind was a part of their technology and they could control Kane.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
anecorbie on Jul 16, 2016 wrote:
If the Prawns built El Dorado and those machines, then the Golden Mind was a part of their technology and they could control Kane.
Sorry to disagree but I doubt it

Prawns just don't seem the type to build golden pyramids

Either they are not a threat because they were wiped it so even if they were (doubt it) they have lost their knowledge and technology

Gunner's Mate
Dec 26, 2013
witchdoctor daruis on Jul 16, 2016 wrote:
Hmm true

Actually, being machines would make them that much easier to control. In essence, all the Prawns would need to do is "flip a switch". If they had pre-programmed the machine for mid-task alteration then a moments notice could change the entire mission. No need for that pesky mind control hoo-doo. And no wondering why the order had been changed because the change would not be perceived as a change but merely a continuing thought process. Without a conscience to govern his morality, Kane could be ordered to do anything at all and would never question it because he's sure the thoughts are his own.
It would have been easy enough to program Kane to believe he is the most powerful and intelligent being in the Spiral. Kane, being a machine, wouldn't necessarily know he was being controlled because his "thought process" has been controlled and consistent since his "birth". He knows nothing different.
It would be interesting if a new companion was introduced... someone versed in the science of the machines. Or maybe additional training for Gracie Conrad?? Certainly an engineer would have a head start on understanding the inner workings of the Prawns' destructive machinations.
How about a new Epic for Gracie:
"Short Circuit" - Only effective against Armada enemies. Only does base damage equal to 20% of the enemy's current health but has a chance to do one of the following:
1)- 1% chance to cause a complete short circuit of the enemy rendering it "dead".
2)- 50% chance to cause malfunctions in the enemy's targeting & defense systems resulting in a -20% reduction of accuracy and dodgy.
3)- 30% chance to cause a malfunction in the enemy's threat-evaluation system resulting in the enemy attacking friend or foe at random.