Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Re: The Windlanes

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 10, 2016
I'm not sure if this counts as a bug in the game, but here we go. Most people know that while sailing on Windlanes you can just let the ship go into a sort of auto pilot mode while on one. But whenever I go to look at companions, pets, or my bag, my ship will sometimes fly off the Windlane. This isn't a huge problem, but I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing this problem, and if there was a way to fix it.

Thanks so much :)
-Awkward Isaac

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Kittylover7572 on Jul 12, 2016 wrote:
I'm not sure if this counts as a bug in the game, but here we go. Most people know that while sailing on Windlanes you can just let the ship go into a sort of auto pilot mode while on one. But whenever I go to look at companions, pets, or my bag, my ship will sometimes fly off the Windlane. This isn't a huge problem, but I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing this problem, and if there was a way to fix it.

Thanks so much :)
-Awkward Isaac
Yes it will do that and I don't think its a bug, but that the game is being required to do two things at once. How well could you drive a car while reading or fumbling in your purse trying to find the cell phone?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I know, it's almost like there is a momentary interruption in the steering, especially if you are on a curvy part of the windlane.

The same thing happens if you are using your Boost to travel the windlanes, you will zoom right off a curve and into the skyway and whatever enemies are right there -- I've done it more times than I can remember. Now, if I am going to take my attention off of steering, I make sure I'm going as slowly as possible rather than faster.

Ensign
Jul 10, 2016
Ok thank you both so much. I guess I'll just wait until I land to organize my companions :)

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
What I do is stop the ship while I am in the Windlane,do what needs to be done, and then go back to the wheel and start the ship up again.