Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Egg Shen's old name?

AuthorMessage
Captain
Dec 06, 2012
So I remember a while back I saw a video of the beta pirate101 and they were talking about Egg Foo Yung's map piece, but he was called Egg Shen instead of Egg Foo Yung. I played since Beta, but I can't remember Egg Shen the companion being named anything different. Were they named the same thing? I'm curious.

Lieutenant
Mar 28, 2009
darkmoordude on Aug 12, 2021 wrote:
So I remember a while back I saw a video of the beta pirate101 and they were talking about Egg Foo Yung's map piece, but he was called Egg Shen instead of Egg Foo Yung. I played since Beta, but I can't remember Egg Shen the companion being named anything different. Were they named the same thing? I'm curious.
Are you sure someone just didn't get confused and mis-speak?

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
Halloween Chick on Aug 20, 2021 wrote:
Are you sure someone just didn't get confused and mis-speak?

Nope, it was in the dialog of the game. Unless they made a big mistake in the script there.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
darkmoordude on Aug 26, 2021 wrote:
Nope, it was in the dialog of the game. Unless they made a big mistake in the script there.
Well, since it was Beta; maybe they did have the companion and NPC with the same name. Then it was noticed and the change happened before the game went live?
It's not unusual for KI to "double up" on names: (example: Typhon).