Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

When should I use them?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Sep 12, 2013
I currently have a pirate nightmare pack, 2 ashes of the armada pack and 5 tribal crew packs in my gift window. I’m a level 12 Buccaneer (started a few weeks back) and am hoping to get a mount from these packs.
Since the chances are really small should risk opening them now or save them later so at least I will be able to get good gear (around level 60) or will the best gear at that time be farmable in game.

Plus I even have all the items of the hoodoo bundle in my gift window so should I redeem them later too?

Ensign
Jun 23, 2020
brian angel grove on Feb 25, 2021 wrote:
I currently have a pirate nightmare pack, 2 ashes of the armada pack and 5 tribal crew packs in my gift window. I’m a level 12 Buccaneer (started a few weeks back) and am hoping to get a mount from these packs.
Since the chances are really small should risk opening them now or save them later so at least I will be able to get good gear (around level 60) or will the best gear at that time be farmable in game.

Plus I even have all the items of the hoodoo bundle in my gift window so should I redeem them later too?
I would personally wait until you get to the later parts of the game, as the items you get from the packs at the lower levels are pretty trash and will get outclassed in a short time(especially at your level), and unless you get a companion you aren't going to get much value from them.

Same thing applies to the Hoodoo bundle items, although if you absolutely have to it wouldn't hurt to get the ship if you're struggling with ship combat.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
Save the Ashes of the Armada packs until you are at high level, open the rest if you want. Ashes of the Armada has weapons, Tribal crew may give you a mount or a very small chance at a companion and as such really gives no reason to hold onto it. There isn't much of a reason to hold onto the other pack either. There is reason to not claim items from bundles that will be stronger when you level up. No reason not to claim items that won't become any stronger.

Ensign
Sep 12, 2013
Thanks for the help.

I opened 4 tribal packs (saved the other packs) and got a golden Jaguar in the first and a hunting puma in the second.

Now it feels like a dream riding a mount after all those weeks running around.