Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Crown Sales Would Benefit Pirate101 more

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Kingsisle's new emphasis on membership sales over straight-up Crowns Sales has a greater impact on Pirate101 players than it does on Wizard101 players, where new bundles (which include Crowns) are arriving all the time. Wizard101 players have much greater incentive to become members for Member Benefits, whereas Pirate101 players -- especially loyal long-term players -- have little incentive to do so once maxing all of their characters. The value of the Pirate101 Member Benefits simply isn't there.

Having to purchase all areas myself on my main account since relinquishing my seven-year membership this past year, I really hesitated on buying Crowns at full price. I finally caved and bought.

The lack of true Crowns Sales forces Pirate101 players to pay more for a game that hasn't been worth a membership to many players for years. As a result, fewer Pirate101 players are even bothering to purchase Crowns now, much less play the game.

Today is the start of yet another Membership/Crowns combo "sale." I believe most Pirate101 Players are Crowns Players, and so Kingsisle should have a Pirate101 Crowns Sale.

Ensign
Sep 20, 2014
Willowydream on Nov 23, 2020 wrote:
Kingsisle's new emphasis on membership sales over straight-up Crowns Sales has a greater impact on Pirate101 players than it does on Wizard101 players, where new bundles (which include Crowns) are arriving all the time. Wizard101 players have much greater incentive to become members for Member Benefits, whereas Pirate101 players -- especially loyal long-term players -- have little incentive to do so once maxing all of their characters. The value of the Pirate101 Member Benefits simply isn't there.

Having to purchase all areas myself on my main account since relinquishing my seven-year membership this past year, I really hesitated on buying Crowns at full price. I finally caved and bought.

The lack of true Crowns Sales forces Pirate101 players to pay more for a game that hasn't been worth a membership to many players for years. As a result, fewer Pirate101 players are even bothering to purchase Crowns now, much less play the game.

Today is the start of yet another Membership/Crowns combo "sale." I believe most Pirate101 Players are Crowns Players, and so Kingsisle should have a Pirate101 Crowns Sale.

I agree however with the virus KI wants to take advantage of people not being busy therefore earning more money

Daft Errol Cormac 64

Ensign
Dec 03, 2015
What would truly benefit Pirate101 is offering membership at half price permanently. Why pay full price for a game the will never be updated? Wizard vs Pirate at the same membership rate? No.