Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Thought this might be fun :)

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 27, 2020
Since we're all home and been playing all sorts of games recently, one of which for me is Pirate101, I thought I might start a thread where we all share our favorite memories from this game. No matter how long or short ago it occurred, just a place where we can all share a moment that touched us in a certain way and we look back on with joy. I'll start...
A long time ago, probably somewhere from 2013-2015, I was in Mooshu with my first ever pirate. Crazy to think about that now. But I was near the cave in Khotan where you have to collect the three crystals to get through the gateway. I could NEVER pass that thing, and it got me very upset...
But eventually, with tons of grinding, leveling up companions, and doing some promotions, I did it. I felt very accomplished and I felt a sense of completion in myself.
Sounds cheesy but this could be fun...
Please share below, I'll love reading them
Sincerely,
Flint

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Once upon a time there was a wizard....
When I heard that KingsIsle was developing a new game, based on PIRATES ( ! ), and were looking for Beta testers, I signed on. Unluckily, I wasn't chosen. However, I checked the web site every day and tried to find out all I could about the game. I eagerly awaited the game's release.
Then that awesome day arrived: you could play the game pre-launch if you made a purchase of crowns or a game card!
I entered my wizard log in and I was sailing the skyway - simple tutorials with clear instructions made me very soon an "expert".

There was an imaginative and gripping story line and wonderful companions on my crew, each with a different personality, well acted by the voice talents at KI.
Is it any wonder that I am NOW angry at KI for neglecting this marvelous game that has the potential to blow W101 out of the Spiral?

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
My favorite moments of this game would probably be playing the storyline.

Let me explain. My mother and I have been players of both Wizard and Pirate101 since the early days. When Pirate101 first came out, I remember being very excited.

My first Pirate on the Live Servers was a Witchdoctor named Smart Gabriel Otway. I progressed to about Marleybone before I took a break from the game.

Later, I came back with my current Pirate, a Musketeer called Merciless Brian Ornsley. On both Pirates, I adored the storyline. I loved the monster fights.

Petty Officer
Nov 23, 2019
ShiverMeTimbers200... on May 12, 2020 wrote:
Since we're all home and been playing all sorts of games recently, one of which for me is Pirate101, I thought I might start a thread where we all share our favorite memories from this game. No matter how long or short ago it occurred, just a place where we can all share a moment that touched us in a certain way and we look back on with joy. I'll start...
A long time ago, probably somewhere from 2013-2015, I was in Mooshu with my first ever pirate. Crazy to think about that now. But I was near the cave in Khotan where you have to collect the three crystals to get through the gateway. I could NEVER pass that thing, and it got me very upset...
But eventually, with tons of grinding, leveling up companions, and doing some promotions, I did it. I felt very accomplished and I felt a sense of completion in myself.
Sounds cheesy but this could be fun...
Please share below, I'll love reading them
Sincerely,
Flint
I remember when It was my first time in cool ranch. LOL I kept running into buffaloon, and kept being knocked out. There was also when I first started playing. (2014) I thought the yum fruit were the troggies XD. ANd then when I forgot my password one day, I made this account ....

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Amazingshot123 on May 14, 2020 wrote:
I remember when It was my first time in cool ranch. LOL I kept running into buffaloon, and kept being knocked out. There was also when I first started playing. (2014) I thought the yum fruit were the troggies XD. ANd then when I forgot my password one day, I made this account ....
The buffaloons are hilarious, they may be my favorite monster in all the Spiral!

Ensign
Jan 26, 2013
Oh my goodness. I remember back when I first started (many many years ago), I got stuck at the end of the free-to-play section. As a small-ish child at the time, I didn't have the money to continue and didn't want to bother my parents for it, so I decided I would just have to find some other way...

I could have tried grinding some boss fights, maybe. Perhaps accompanied some others on their travels?

Nope. I farmed batacuda in Skull Island Skyway. For months.

I somehow managed to get myself up to level 12 (a task of near-Hawkulean proportions, considering the xp given by those fishy rascals!) before finally getting tired. Thank goodness I have my own funds now and can buy crowns every once in a while! Sure makes leveling easier, and more interesting

(Other than that, my first times experiencing the music in every skyway were nothing short of magical.)

Ensign
Nov 05, 2011
Back in 2013, there was a hurricane and school got out early. As soon as I got home, I spent the rest of the day playing Pirate101. I distinctly remember being about halfway through Cool Ranch at the time. I wish I could go back to the game at its peak, there are so many good memories.

Ensign
May 07, 2020
My best memory in Pirate101. . . Uh, this is tough.

It's probably when I got Ratbeard for the first time, and yes, I know, not that impressive, but still you got Gunn's Treasure and Ratbeard so yea. It was nice.

-Level 34

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
DuckOfDeath524 on May 20, 2020 wrote:
My best memory in Pirate101. . . Uh, this is tough.

It's probably when I got Ratbeard for the first time, and yes, I know, not that impressive, but still you got Gunn's Treasure and Ratbeard so yea. It was nice.

-Level 34
Welcome to the message boards, DuckofDeath524! Yeah, that's a good memory!

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Some of my favorite memories are of hanging out with the ol' Message Board Marauders. One of the coolest moments was meeting some of the forum "celebrities" for the first time at an in-game party, as well as OEJ & Blind Mew a couple times.

I think the coolest P101-adjacent memory would be running into one of the former CMs & her husband at a renaissance faire! I was SO nervous, but she was super nice and that experience helped me gain the courage to start interacting with the community more.

Ensign
Apr 22, 2016
Well, I haven’t played pirate in quite awhile.. but one moment I will NEVER forget was when I came to the tree on the island where you have to fight the gorilla and there are poisonous troggies. When I saw the tree with the face I thought it was an enemy for a boss fight until I got a quest to talk to him. At that point I was scared of him until I finally talked to him and every time I think of it.. it just cracks me up

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Some great memories of message board marauders here. A friend helped me on my first run of a certain very tall tower in Mooshu. I remember my excitement meeting One-eyed Jack in Skull Island during KI Live. In the cave with boss spiders, off Corsair's Cove, I and some friends took off our high level gear and helped people fight spiders with only our wooden swords. Good times. I was on Flotsom with Bat when he was making his first quest run. Speedy guy, I didn't get into any of his fights, they were filled up.

Ensign
Sep 13, 2014
Purple Jellybeans on May 15, 2020 wrote:
Oh my goodness. I remember back when I first started (many many years ago), I got stuck at the end of the free-to-play section. As a small-ish child at the time, I didn't have the money to continue and didn't want to bother my parents for it, so I decided I would just have to find some other way...

I could have tried grinding some boss fights, maybe. Perhaps accompanied some others on their travels?

Nope. I farmed batacuda in Skull Island Skyway. For months.

I somehow managed to get myself up to level 12 (a task of near-Hawkulean proportions, considering the xp given by those fishy rascals!) before finally getting tired. Thank goodness I have my own funds now and can buy crowns every once in a while! Sure makes leveling easier, and more interesting

(Other than that, my first times experiencing the music in every skyway were nothing short of magical.)
I remeber when I had first joined the Skyways on skull island. I was pretty young back then and I had though I hadto get a high level to get past the pay wall. But I've Been in love with the game since I saw the commerical for both Wizard and Pirate. Im so glad to see people still play this game.

Lieutenant
Mar 28, 2009
I remember when MooShu was the final world, and getting my first pirate through Maruzame Castle was such a great cliffhanger. Then, the excitement we ALL felt for that next update, and being able to move on to Marleybone -- I'd give anything to be able to visit a new world, Polaris, Grizzleheim, Darkmoor.

So much potential for new adventures!

Ensign
Apr 04, 2009
well I myself liked the begining of the game, well not the very begining more so dealing with the fog father and rat beard, the "shady dealings" of the frog father (with the god father refrences obviously) the whole Johna town idea of living on top of a whale and then the serprise of gullet where people built houses inside the whale itself.

being betrayed by rat beard and having to chase him through the skyways until you find captian gunns treasure after defeating the water moles

however as soon as i made my way cool ranch it sotra fell off a cliff tonally.

but before then with the monkistadors and the clockwork armada it all felt like pirates one way or another.

i do hope this game gets an update, the next world IMO should be grizzlehiem since vikings are just another form of pirate

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
I remember when this game was first announced, I was on the website almost daily checking for any info I could find on the game. I was super excited and couldn't quite decide which class I would play. When the game finally went live, I created a new account(because I didn't know my W101 log-in would work) and started on Witchdoctor.

When I realized my Wizard log-in would work, I moved over to that and created the Swashbuckler I eventually used to beat the game. It's hard to pick a favorite moment cause each world kept me doing something I didn't expect and made me love the game all the more.

I gotta say though: sailing through the stormgate for the first time and seeing the different worlds of the Spiral, including worlds from Wizard and worlds that have been alluded to in dialogue felt almost surreal. That moment stuck out to me and I think about how cool it is every time I go from world to world in this game.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
FireMorgan13 on Feb 15, 2021 wrote:
I remember when this game was first announced, I was on the website almost daily checking for any info I could find on the game. I was super excited and couldn't quite decide which class I would play. When the game finally went live, I created a new account(because I didn't know my W101 log-in would work) and started on Witchdoctor.

When I realized my Wizard log-in would work, I moved over to that and created the Swashbuckler I eventually used to beat the game. It's hard to pick a favorite moment cause each world kept me doing something I didn't expect and made me love the game all the more.

I gotta say though: sailing through the stormgate for the first time and seeing the different worlds of the Spiral, including worlds from Wizard and worlds that have been alluded to in dialogue felt almost surreal. That moment stuck out to me and I think about how cool it is every time I go from world to world in this game.
Speaking of happy memories; I think mine would be when you (& many others) helped me earn that "Master of Moo" badge!

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
anecorbie on Feb 20, 2021 wrote:
Speaking of happy memories; I think mine would be when you (& many others) helped me earn that "Master of Moo" badge!
Wow! I remember doing that! Glad we were able to get you all the way to MoO. That's definitely one of my favorite moments playing Pirate101 with other people in the community.

Ensign
Apr 28, 2019
A favorite old memory of pirate101 has to be maxing out three pirates. I recall how devoted my younger self was to pirate101, playing it day and night in summer breaks and every chance possible in school days. The atmosphere, the fun companions, and the fun action-packed combat made me in

In more recent memories, hanging out in Avery's court has been a wonder so far. Just two days ago I managed to befriend a friend in the sky and hang out up there. Then yesterday people were still up in the skies, but now there was a crew of doppelgangers at the stair way. What surprised me is that the crew of doppelganger were all one player who had maxed out 4 different PRIVATEERS. The dedication required to max out four pirates of the same class is unimaginable XD However, I'm grateful for these unusual events because I managed to make a couple of friends out of them that I hope to see in the spiril and have more crazy conversations with. Who knows what today's bring

Ensign
Oct 28, 2017
Oh, I'm late to the party.

A favorite memory I have is during lockdown in the summer, I'm farming for Schemers Eyepatch and I've been farming for this eyepatch for weeks now. I'm farming very late into nights like 6 a.m est a lot of the time. One night, my friend Zane says "Hey Devin, I'll join you since I need Schemers too and It's been like half a year and I've still never got it" so I'm like cool I don't really care if he comes along. So, I'm farming from midnight till 6 a.m usually, Zane joins me at around 4 a.m. Yes. We were up extremely late like normal teenage dudes lol.

About 80 or so minutes goes by and Zane is bored, and I can't even keep my eyes opened. We even stopped talking to each other and just both went silent while farming. After around a half hour, Zane says he's going to leave soon since we're never going to get it anyways. I start agreeing with him since it's 6 a.m almost anyways for me. We agreed to do 5 more runs and be done, and while we start, it starts not being dark anymore outside and the sun is about to start rising any minute. I'm like half asleep and Zane is just complaining and I'm not even replying to him since I'm so tired and lazy at this moment. We finish the battle, open Tyler's chest and on the top of my screen it says "Schemer's Eyepatch". My eyes are fully open and Zane is like "No WAY!!!!!" and I'm like "Whelp, I'm not sleeping tonight lol" I'm literally about to scream but I'm scared to since my dad is sleeping and I'm not trying to make any noise and risk being perished . I'm bouncing around in my room, dancing to the same album I've been listening to for six hours straight nearly, and Zane just keeps saying "No way" in the background on the game. This was the happiest moment of my life at this moment. That's how happy I was when I finally got this eyepatch since it's easily the best eyepatch for Buccaneers in the game as of 2021.

Once we finished celebrating, he went to bed about an hour later and I stayed up until noon and finally fell asleep and woke up at 8 p.m. I had no regrets and still don't to this day. This game's drop rate can be frustrating, but I'm happy I ruined my sleep schedule for multiple weeks to get what I wanted.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
HopefulXavierKent on Apr 10, 2021 wrote:
Oh, I'm late to the party.

A favorite memory I have is during lockdown in the summer, I'm farming for Schemers Eyepatch and I've been farming for this eyepatch for weeks now. I'm farming very late into nights like 6 a.m est a lot of the time. One night, my friend Zane says "Hey Devin, I'll join you since I need Schemers too and It's been like half a year and I've still never got it" so I'm like cool I don't really care if he comes along. So, I'm farming from midnight till 6 a.m usually, Zane joins me at around 4 a.m. Yes. We were up extremely late like normal teenage dudes lol.

About 80 or so minutes goes by and Zane is bored, and I can't even keep my eyes opened. We even stopped talking to each other and just both went silent while farming. After around a half hour, Zane says he's going to leave soon since we're never going to get it anyways. I start agreeing with him since it's 6 a.m almost anyways for me. We agreed to do 5 more runs and be done, and while we start, it starts not being dark anymore outside and the sun is about to start rising any minute. I'm like half asleep and Zane is just complaining and I'm not even replying to him since I'm so tired and lazy at this moment. We finish the battle, open Tyler's chest and on the top of my screen it says "Schemer's Eyepatch". My eyes are fully open and Zane is like "No WAY!!!!!" and I'm like "Whelp, I'm not sleeping tonight lol" I'm literally about to scream but I'm scared to since my dad is sleeping and I'm not trying to make any noise and risk being perished . I'm bouncing around in my room, dancing to the same album I've been listening to for six hours straight nearly, and Zane just keeps saying "No way" in the background on the game. This was the happiest moment of my life at this moment. That's how happy I was when I finally got this eyepatch since it's easily the best eyepatch for Buccaneers in the game as of 2021.

Once we finished celebrating, he went to bed about an hour later and I stayed up until noon and finally fell asleep and woke up at 8 p.m. I had no regrets and still don't to this day. This game's drop rate can be frustrating, but I'm happy I ruined my sleep schedule for multiple weeks to get what I wanted.
HopefulXavierKent, it's not worth ruining your health over a digital item in a computer game - sitting for long periods without activity (or getting proper sleep) is very bad for you.
Four years ago, I was hospialized for blood clots on my lungs; this was the direct result of sitting for long periods (12 to 18) hours doing nothing but sitting. I could've died, please for your own sake, don't do so many hours again. I'm sure your father loves you and wants you to live and be healthy!

Ensign
Sep 22, 2013
I have a lot of memories of this game.

One of them was while I played the story in Skull Island at the beginning and got so effectively spooked by the music and the ambience. Do you ever like remember the beginning of P101 and how scary some of the areas are like I sort of get chills, could just be me though. Skull Island is one of my fav worlds, i know it's an odd choice but I truly believe the world-building in the first act of P101 was so well done. How the music, the scenery, and the voice acting created such a powerful ambience and held a strong first impression which kept new players playing. Skull Island, despite being a commoners area for players, is so alive. It truly feels like a place for only no-good, un-trustworthy pirates, or at least a safe haven for pirates. It feels like every part of the island is just packed with secrets we may never find out? The beginning of this game really does show the player how untrustworthy and spooky the pirate world can be and makes you feel like there are stakes in the story cause it's kind of taking itself seriously with its own theme? this feels like a tangent but yeah. that's just me using my imagination, I know no one probably cares about ambience or detail but I truly appreciate it, it's what sets apart some games from others. All the cool characters residing in Skull Island make the place so 3D and I always love going back whenever I need to go to the bazaar or get a new ability. Weird, but I have a huge attachment to Skull Island as someone who has played this game for a long time as a free2play player because I explored every part of it.

I was so spooked by Skull Island as a kid and I still am and I love it, I love visiting some of the areas in it and getting immersed into the vibe of it all. I don't know if it's just me but sometimes I do pause while I play this game just to take in the ambience, the scenery that the game sets up for each area while I play the story and how it makes me feel. During side quests, too. Even though this game is definitely more empty nowadays, I still marvel at the details in some of the areas of this game that were made years ago. I guess my fond memory is me playing some of the parts in this game, Skull Island, Valencia pt. 1, the Miranda dungeon, etc. and the game's visual design and premise being so strong that I, as a player, could insert myself fictionally into the game and truly feel like a pirate lol. Like this game's world just feels so real sometimes it's kind of crazy. Like the entire Miranda dungeon really blew my mind, still does i think it's one of the best visual and narrative parts of the whole game. Also the Armada itself, how the enemy models moved and truly conveyed to the player that this enemy wasn't human. The voice acting for them too, wow, really made them feel like a threat. All the puppet shows were cool too, i love re-watching them. That's just me though.
I just think this world is impressive.