Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Quarry Cave

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 02, 2019
I've been trying for about four or five days to get past Quarry Cave now - and it's always the last fight with Ningizeeda that kills all of my companions and getting Miracle Mitch to revive them all has 110% put me below the poverty line at this point and I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me? I'm a lvl69 Witchdoctor and I'm primarily using Bonnie, Kan Po, and El Toro but I know I probably should be using people like Scratch and Carcarius (even though I vigorously hate Witchdoctor Companions because of how much they fizzle). Any cards/powers I should be using, companions I should use or strategies I should try? The last time something like this happened, where I'd been stuck on one dungeon for days on end, I stopped playing the game for around a month and considering I'm so close to the end after starting Valencia 2, I'm really not in the mood to postpone the Kane fight (that I'll probably post about when I inevitably get stuck).

Either way, anyone willing to help or give advice?
69 Anneke Atherton

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
AnnekeAtherton on Dec 16, 2019 wrote:
I've been trying for about four or five days to get past Quarry Cave now - and it's always the last fight with Ningizeeda that kills all of my companions and getting Miracle Mitch to revive them all has 110% put me below the poverty line at this point and I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me? I'm a lvl69 Witchdoctor and I'm primarily using Bonnie, Kan Po, and El Toro but I know I probably should be using people like Scratch and Carcarius (even though I vigorously hate Witchdoctor Companions because of how much they fizzle). Any cards/powers I should be using, companions I should use or strategies I should try? The last time something like this happened, where I'd been stuck on one dungeon for days on end, I stopped playing the game for around a month and considering I'm so close to the end after starting Valencia 2, I'm really not in the mood to postpone the Kane fight (that I'll probably post about when I inevitably get stuck).

69 Anneke Atherton
Quarry Cave is a very difficult dungeon, especially for witchdoctors without melee back up. Some players will probably tell you to farm Miranda for Blood's Jacket or Moo Manchu for his Terror-cotta jacket.
What you need are companions with the ability to stop charges and have witchhunter ( especially for Ningazeeda ).
Take a look at your Helephant Destroyer ( you got him in MooShu ) He can be trained in Hold the Line and Witchhunter, Ratbeard is also useful for this with his Hold the Line talent. And he's tough and take punishment as well as deal it out.Hold the Line will prevent those buccaneers from charging you down.

If you must use Old Scratch for his mojo boosts, then I suggest that you also use your Jobo's boosts for your team as well.
AND get Doubloons, summons, criticals, the "push back" type, healing - all are useful.
If you still feel that you'll need help, please post a day, time ( include time zone ) and realm and I'll be glad to help you.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
AnnekeAtherton on Dec 16, 2019 wrote:

69 Anneke Atherton
Hopefully, you've managed to get through this, but if not, please post over on Pirate101 Central, where we can organize a meet-up to help you on Wednesday the 18th a bit quicker than once-a-day updates.

It is a difficult battle to solo, I admit. I think it took each of my pirates a few tries.