Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

New Power "Doom Mojo" In Test Realm August 2018

AuthorMessage
Captain
Jun 10, 2013
I wanted to take a minutes to talk about an experiment I ran earlier today regarding this new power in test realm.

First off, for those that can't access Test Realm, Old Scratch is getting a new promotion at Level 70 that upon completion will give him Jobu's Kiss (replacing Jobu's Breath), Purge Magic, and a brand new power called Doom Mojo, along with 1 new epic talent choice. It is the new power Doom Mojo I would like to give my thoughts on. I know some people / pirates are already complaining about him getting Purge Magic, but once they find out what Doom Mojo is capable of, they will regret complaining about him getting Purge Magic.

Doom Mojo is a new power that has around 380 base damage at Level 70. When this power is used it seems to damage everyone except Old Scratch himself (and possibly his Skeleton Summon, I haven't tested that part yet), this includes any enemies and everyone on your team as well. Therefore if this new power is used without boosts everyone takes around 380 damage, that isn't terribly a big deal but with boosts this just becomes extreme. I did an experiment with my Privateer Die No and got these results:

Turn 1: Use Old Scratch's 100% Mojo Boost (active for 3 turns, this increases Doom Mojo to doing around 760 damage).

Turn 2: Use Walk In Shadows (which Swashbuckler's get free, and all other classes can purchase) Use Old Scratch's 50% Mojo Boost (active for 5 turns, this increases Doom Mojo to doing around 1,140 damage).

Turn 3: Use Firstmate's Boon on Old Scratch (this increases Doom Mojo to doing around 2,280 damage), Use Old Scratch's Doom Mojo. This was enough to eliminate my Privateer Die No, who was at full health (over 3,400) and his pet, and both of his other companions almost at full health (in the green).

What is bad is if you are doing a dungeon run with a full team and Doom Mojo gets used after being buffed, it will cause everyone on the team except Old Scratch to get eliminated (even if they have full health). Of course, all the enemies will get eliminated as well (likely even Kane and Moo Manchu) but is it worth it to have everyone on your team excluding Old Scratch to get eliminated with them?

I can see the other 3 people on your team turning around and using the report button on you for doing this (at least during the first 3 weeks after the updates goes live). They will type in the reason box that you "trolled" or "scammed" them by using this power and that you should be banned. Kingsisle Support in turn will have a lot of False Reports to look at. In turn I fear 1 of 2 things will happen,

Scenario 1: Kingsisle Support has so many reports they just decide to ban the "trolls" or "scammers" who haven't done anything wrong by using Doom Mojo, or Kingsisle Support realizes the reports are false but has so many reports they ban all the people / pirates who reported people / pirates that used Doom Mojo. Both of those are horrible scenrios I hope do not happen.

rrrrzzzz on Twitch!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
RRRRZZZZ419 on Sep 11, 2018 wrote:
I wanted to take a minutes to talk about an experiment I ran earlier today regarding this new power in test realm.

First off, for those that can't access Test Realm, Old Scratch is getting a new promotion at Level 70 that upon completion will give him Jobu's Kiss (replacing Jobu's Breath), Purge Magic, and a brand new power called Doom Mojo, along with 1 new epic talent choice. It is the new power Doom Mojo I would like to give my thoughts on. I know some people / pirates are already complaining about him getting Purge Magic, but once they find out what Doom Mojo is capable of, they will regret complaining about him getting Purge Magic.

Doom Mojo is a new power that has around 380 base damage at Level 70. When this power is used it seems to damage everyone except Old Scratch himself (and possibly his Skeleton Summon, I haven't tested that part yet), this includes any enemies and everyone on your team as well. Therefore if this new power is used without boosts everyone takes around 380 damage, that isn't terribly a big deal but with boosts this just becomes extreme. I did an experiment with my Privateer Die No and got these results:

Turn 1: Use Old Scratch's 100% Mojo Boost (active for 3 turns, this increases Doom Mojo to doing around 760 damage).

Turn 2: Use Walk In Shadows (which Swashbuckler's get free, and all other classes can purchase) Use Old Scratch's 50% Mojo Boost (active for 5 turns, this increases Doom Mojo to doing around 1,140 damage).

Turn 3: Use Firstmate's Boon on Old Scratch (this increases Doom Mojo to doing around 2,280 damage), Use Old Scratch's Doom Mojo. This was enough to eliminate my Privateer Die No, who was at full health (over 3,400) and his pet, and both of his other companions almost at full health (in the green).

What is bad is if you are doing a dungeon run with a full team and Doom Mojo gets used after being buffed, it will cause everyone on the team except Old Scratch to get eliminated (even if they have full health). Of course, all the enemies will get eliminated as well (likely even Kane and Moo Manchu) but is it worth it to have everyone on your team excluding Old Scratch to get eliminated with them?

I can see the other 3 people on your team turning around and using the report button on you for doing this (at least during the first 3 weeks after the updates goes live). They will type in the reason box that you "trolled" or "scammed" them by using this power and that you should be banned. Kingsisle Support in turn will have a lot of False Reports to look at. In turn I fear 1 of 2 things will happen,

Scenario 1: Kingsisle Support has so many reports they just decide to ban the "trolls" or "scammers" who haven't done anything wrong by using Doom Mojo, or Kingsisle Support realizes the reports are false but has so many reports they ban all the people / pirates who reported people / pirates that used Doom Mojo. Both of those are horrible scenrios I hope do not happen.

rrrrzzzz on Twitch!
This is a terrible power, what were they thinking - they're supposed to have tested this in the developers realm ( & there is one, I've seen it demonstrated on a KI Live once ).
I think we should propose solutions. Either make it so that this power doesn't harm team mates, pets, companions or summons ( and I've seen that Doom Mojo used by Nightmare Old Scratch did damage his summons), or make it that his Doom Mojo does only half the damage to your team.

So in your case of a Privy buffing Old Scratch this would be reduced to 1,140, well within the limits of a maxed leveled pirate and companions.
As a one time attack this would be acceptable.
As to reporting, I feel that it's unlikely that KI would ban a player using this power as KI is responsible for the results. And I've never heard of anyone being banned for false reporting.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
And what will this do in Ranked PVP?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Well, this update is now live; and for some reason, Doom Mojo is showing as a Talent - how does that work? As you know, Talents can trigger every round, so what triggers Doom Mojo?

If this Talent is triggered to go every round, Old Scratch will be "killing" every body. Why couldn't KI just give him another summons?