Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

privateer tough vs spooky

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jul 20, 2015
i made a privateer for pvp it was supposed to be a summoning but i realized i picked tough instead of spooky and i even redeemed nausica so what should i do

Community Leader
1. I wouldn't do summon-based privy. Scorpion staff privy is exceptionally difficult to play to its maximum potential, since you have to near-perfectly manage your resources and keep one or more units alive for a near indefinite period of time. Since you can't run assassins and witch hunter counteracts shroud in most cases, you have no reliable damage output and mediocre longevity when the duel goes to pirate vs pirate (which any duels featuring two competent players should). This generally means that you'll lose many duels that go to the late game. Tree privy is a very strong setup if you just run that and 1-2 assassins + 0-1 firstmate's boon, but iirc you said that you don't have any champion weapons, so that isn't an option. As a side note, I would not run the Moo Manchu Terra-Cotta robe on privy. The value you get from the warriors is generally less than the value you could get from another fort/levy, big guns and a revive, an assassin, or even another boon piece.
2. Not picking naturally spooky on a privateer is certainly bad, but since you're already max or near max and have redeemed Nausica, I'd just deal with it. I know privies that are just fine with naturally tough

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Ensign
Jul 18, 2013
Best thing to do is to reset your practice points and get spooky 2. Spooky 2 is good on every class and it is a must if you want to pvp.

Lieutenant
Nov 14, 2015
valdus15797 on Jun 27, 2018 wrote:
i made a privateer for pvp it was supposed to be a summoning but i realized i picked tough instead of spooky and i even redeemed nausica so what should i do
Honestly, it shouldn't make that much of a difference. If you're that concerned with the 5% mojo, just grab some gear with Extra Spooky. The idea of summons is more to distract and prevent rushes than anything...toss an Espirit on them and they should do okay.

Petty Officer
Jul 20, 2015
Mathew i don't want my privateer to be just fine i made a privateer to be op considering the fact that they are the best class as of now and i want to know if i could change it to spooky some how because i don't want to restart because i have nuasica and a armada pack companion and i have put a lot of effort into it

Community Leader
valdus15797 on Jun 28, 2018 wrote:
Mathew i don't want my privateer to be just fine i made a privateer to be op considering the fact that they are the best class as of now and i want to know if i could change it to spooky some how because i don't want to restart because i have nuasica and a armada pack companion and i have put a lot of effort into it
No, you can't change it. You can and should go without naturally spooky. In addition, the class being good does not automatically mean you will be op. Privy being the best only means that it's (arguably) easier to use than the second best class, which is buck and that privy's "ceiling" is the highest of the 5 classes. Just a warning, you will still have to learn and get good at the class to use it to its max potential. Don't expect to steamroll people just because of your class.

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP