Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Friends.

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jul 10, 2011
Maybe we could have this so that we could meet active people because it's so hard to find a good friend to hang out with in p101?
Sorry for the misconception Willowydream (edited). I meant that we could use this as a chatting system. We could use this to make friends since it nowadays is so hard in this game. Also, we could use it to do it as you said. There could be lots of ways to use this so that the game would not be as boring once you have beaten it. Another example would be that you could talk more freely among each other, as it would not bleep slang and other common words, but it would still highly moderated. Also, we don't run out of space when we type since this has up to 3000 characters.
  • Quote Willowydream; "Do you mean you want to find someone who is questing where you are? There is no lack of pirates standing around Avery Court, and some of them will help you through a rough patch if you need."
  • True, but it could take a lot longer since here we can find people that have the time and would love to help you always. That proves a way this could be helpful if this does turn into a way to meet pirates.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
death master101 on Apr 23, 2018 wrote:
Maybe we could have this so that we could meet active people because it's so hard to find a good friend to hang out with in p101?
Sorry for the misconception Willowydream (edited). I meant that we could use this as a chatting system. We could use this to make friends since it nowadays is so hard in this game. Also, we could use it to do it as you said. There could be lots of ways to use this so that the game would not be as boring once you have beaten it. Another example would be that you could talk more freely among each other, as it would not bleep slang and other common words, but it would still highly moderated. Also, we don't run out of space when we type since this has up to 3000 characters.
  • Quote Willowydream; "Do you mean you want to find someone who is questing where you are? There is no lack of pirates standing around Avery Court, and some of them will help you through a rough patch if you need."
  • True, but it could take a lot longer since here we can find people that have the time and would love to help you always. That proves a way this could be helpful if this does turn into a way to meet pirates.
Do you mean you want to find someone who is questing where you are? There is no lack of pirates standing around Avery Court, and some of them will help you through a rough patch if you need.

Petty Officer
Jul 10, 2011
Not really. I mean something where we could chat without the chat being spammed, and make friends easier because lots of people ignore other players, and because you could get falsely reported there.
Oh, I'm so sorry. I just said the same (edited) thing twice, which is spamming, which is one of the things this is to help prevent. Also, It's wrong and against the rules to spam in Kingsisle. And, not only that, but I copied and pasted that, instead of pressing quotes, which is wrong without permission (although I had to without spamming). Sorry, Kingsisle.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
It is not very clear to me what the "this" is, which you wish to be different. Is it that you want the ability to friend people here on the forums? As for making friends and keeping things interesting, that has more to do with you, I think, unless it is some particular kind of friend you aren't able to find. Have you tried leaving your max crew and pets at home, wearing all low level clothes and helping some low level players on their quests? What activity is it you are looking to do with people? Just looking for people to talk to who are of like mind? What kind of thing are you doing that makes you think people are ignoring you, as opposed to being away from their keyboards or busy telling crew and pets to do things? I'm not trying to be critical in any way, because I don't know you, and am curious and trying to be helpful.
If there is something you want to do with high level people, you could post a time (with time zone you are using), realm, and place to meet in game and what you want to do, giving several days notice. You could invite people to meet for a pvp party, a favorite dungeon run, to tour houses, to meet outside the pet arena and talk about soccer (or whatever your favorite stuff is). This is one way you can get forum friends as in-game friends. Have you checked out Pirate101 Central? Maybe that would fit what you are looking for, as another way to get in contact ans meet up with people.

Petty Officer
Jul 10, 2011
I've thought about this. I'm going to create a fansite. It will be clear if I ever get to release it. :)

Petty Officer
Jul 10, 2011
@Calamity Finch
Re: Pirate101 Central

No, that's not what I meant. I have this idea where I could make something where users (across the spiral) who use it will have a profile. That actually turned into just a part of it. But, back to the site. It could have your pirate's names on it, to help meet up in the game.
Everyone has a little message board on their profile, and you can talk to other players who find you from your posts, or tab (I'll explain that next).
You see, there will be a page where you can search for users. When you click on one, it sends you to their profile page.
Also, everyone has a bio on their profile page. You use it to describe yourself so that it will be easier to make friends.
You can also, on the tab feature, search for people by their character traits.
And this I think you will like Kingsisle, I will moderate messaging the same way you do. It will have to go through me to pass on as text. :)

By the way Kingsisle, I hope you don't mind that I put this in bold. It was straining my eyes to read all that so I had to put it in bigger text.