Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Open Chat

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 23, 2012
So i made my account about 6 plus years ago and i obviously got locked out of open chat because i was an honest 10 year old, now when i play i notice other players speaking to each other or to everyone in the commons but it shows to me as "..." so i realized that was the open chat feature and i want to know if i'm stuck with the quick chat or someone from KI can switch some gears for me because i think being 16 i'm mature enough to get the open chat.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
gyules8554 on Apr 15, 2018 wrote:
So i made my account about 6 plus years ago and i obviously got locked out of open chat because i was an honest 10 year old, now when i play i notice other players speaking to each other or to everyone in the commons but it shows to me as "..." so i realized that was the open chat feature and i want to know if i'm stuck with the quick chat or someone from KI can switch some gears for me because i think being 16 i'm mature enough to get the open chat.
The rules of open chat state something like: players 18 and up who have a valid credit card on file. If a family member has a credit card but not you if they let you use it and that's OK you still need to be 18 to get open chat.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
gyules8554 on Apr 15, 2018 wrote:
All you're qualified for right now is Filtered Chat, you can get Open Chat when you reach age 18. You need to contact Support to get your chat changed or if your parents made the account have them contact Support for you.