Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Falmea Friday - April Phules... I mean Fools!

AuthorMessage
Once again, the spring winds have brought me here, and as such, let's discuss a new topic, shall we?

This past weekend we celebrated April Fools with our Ball n Chain mount, and we've seen a lot of you trudging around in shackles! In the spirit of this mischievous holiday, what's your favorite April Fool's item in the Spiral thus far? If you could wave your magic wand and come up with a new one, what would it be?

Also, keep an eye out - I've heard rumblings that some older April Fools items may be making their way back to the Spiral at some point this month... on a Throwback Thursday perhaps... (but not the Ball n Chain, so get that one now if you want it!!!)

Have a fiesty Friday, Pirates!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Professor Falmea on Apr 6, 2018 wrote:
Once again, the spring winds have brought me here, and as such, let's discuss a new topic, shall we?

This past weekend we celebrated April Fools with our Ball n Chain mount, and we've seen a lot of you trudging around in shackles! In the spirit of this mischievous holiday, what's your favorite April Fool's item in the Spiral thus far? If you could wave your magic wand and come up with a new one, what would it be?

Also, keep an eye out - I've heard rumblings that some older April Fools items may be making their way back to the Spiral at some point this month... on a Throwback Thursday perhaps... (but not the Ball n Chain, so get that one now if you want it!!!)

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
Hmm... Nice hints, Falmea!

My favorite will have to be either the Coolest Mount Ever (ice cube) or the Rubber Ducky, neither of which I have previously acquired.

And if I could come up with a new one? Hmm... I don't know yet. I'll give that question to all the other wonderfully creative Message Board Marauders.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Professor Falmea on Apr 6, 2018 wrote:

The Helm of Ultimate Protection was a pretty good joke; I remember some players being disappointed that it actually didn't protect you from anything!

My favorite mount for Fool's Day has got to be the Rubber Ducky!

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
The Mighty Steed mount is tops, followed by the Rubber Ducky.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
It isn't a Pirate thing, but I still have a fond spot for the Pet Rock over in Wiz. I had a strong suspicion it would be a mixed blessing kind of pet, and thought it was so funny that the first gen. power was a may cast taunt, to bring enemy fire to you. It wasn't everyone's cup of tea, but with hatching you can make it what you want, and as -is was more useful to an ice wiz, than the sloth mount (which was also funny, and cute too).
It might be fun to have pet along those lines in pirate, something silly, cute, with a nice dance, and a mixed blessing power or talent. Perhaps that Portmanteau pet idea (wandering luggage on feet), and it could cast one of the spells from the gobbler polymorph. That taco throwing spell still makes me smile, as do the gobbler throwing fish bones. Maybe the gobbler would jump out and do a small gross attack that has a taunt. Or it could have a unique power called Mixed Blessing, some good stuff, some not so good, similar to Rainbow Blessing- adding bonus boosts, but it might also stun you for a round.

Lieutenant
Sep 04, 2013
The Mighty Steed mount is simply the best, I’ve been using that mount on my main pirate ever since the year it came out. If I was gonna make a new April Fools mount I would take the slow mounts up a notch. Just a -100% jail cell mount. A smallish jail cell just surrounds your pirate, just big enough for your pirate to be able to rotate around and do emotes in, but definitely not big enough to move around in.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I think it would be nice if we could just - Sit Down! So how about a Comfy Chair mount with 0 movement. Let's take a load off our aching feet & relax!

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
anecorbie on Apr 8, 2018 wrote:
I think it would be nice if we could just - Sit Down! So how about a Comfy Chair mount with 0 movement. Let's take a load off our aching feet & relax!
That is actually a good idea.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I know I've seen videos of people who have motorized their recliners.

What sort of chair does a Pirate sit in?

an arrrrrrrmchair!

In all seriousness, we've actually talked about this one, and if we did it, we'd want to not limit it to April fools since so many people have asked for it!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Professor Falmea on Apr 13, 2018 wrote:
What sort of chair does a Pirate sit in?

an arrrrrrrmchair!

In all seriousness, we've actually talked about this one, and if we did it, we'd want to not limit it to April fools since so many people have asked for it!
Oh, ROFL Good joke, hah!
I believe that I once suggested that an emote could be added showing us sitting down on a stool, would that be possible?

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
anecorbie on Apr 14, 2018 wrote:
Oh, ROFL Good joke, hah!
I believe that I once suggested that an emote could be added showing us sitting down on a stool, would that be possible?
That was something I had also suggested and dreamed of long, long ago...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I had a brain storm last night, so utterly ridiculous and funny - the Baby Buggy Mount! Yes, your pirate regresses into infancy in their own baby buggy ( or pram for those from Marleybone )
Now when Scriptop says "go back to your pram", we can!
P.S. I mean the old fashioned kind, not a stroller. The baby carriage, lol.

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
anecorbie on Apr 17, 2018 wrote:
I had a brain storm last night, so utterly ridiculous and funny - the Baby Buggy Mount! Yes, your pirate regresses into infancy in their own baby buggy ( or pram for those from Marleybone )
Now when Scriptop says "go back to your pram", we can!
P.S. I mean the old fashioned kind, not a stroller. The baby carriage, lol.
Lol that be a good one fair lass.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan
- Deadeye Edward Morgan
- Deadeye Tatiana Morgan

Ha! The pram would be a fine April Fool's mount!!! Enough foolin', a new topic shall be sailing your way shortly!