Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Possible glitch with Haywire Marine?

AuthorMessage
Captain
Oct 16, 2012
I wanted to put this here, as I do not know if this is an actual glitch or a little-known OP side of the Haywire Marine.

In the course of using the Haywire Marine, my brother has been enjoying buffing it to up to 300% Strength, and watching as it tears everything I set it to apart. But there is one hidden facet of this rare companion that I noticed only a couple days ago.

When using Haywire Strike, there is a chance the Marine will crit.....but in this case, I am talking about when he Super-Crits. When he Super Criticals the enemy with Haywire Strike, he deals out an initial 600-700 damage, as if he was just doing a Critical Hit. But after finishing up his attacks, whether his initial target is dead or not, an additional MASSIVE amount of damage is piled onto the target from the Haywire Strike itself, and I have seen this additional hit go up to 2800 damage, making his Haywire Strike, with the Super Hit, total up to over 3500+ damage in total, which is more than enough to 1-shot most bosses and almost all player pirates in PVP.

So, my question is....is this possible, super-charged hit a game-breaking glitch? Or is it really an actual, hidden facet, making this THE most OP one-hit one-kill Buccaneer companion in the game? If it is....then all you Buccaneers might want to start trying to get the Marine.

Lieutenant
Jul 18, 2016
warriorscreed on Sep 18, 2017 wrote:
I wanted to put this here, as I do not know if this is an actual glitch or a little-known OP side of the Haywire Marine.

In the course of using the Haywire Marine, my brother has been enjoying buffing it to up to 300% Strength, and watching as it tears everything I set it to apart. But there is one hidden facet of this rare companion that I noticed only a couple days ago.

When using Haywire Strike, there is a chance the Marine will crit.....but in this case, I am talking about when he Super-Crits. When he Super Criticals the enemy with Haywire Strike, he deals out an initial 600-700 damage, as if he was just doing a Critical Hit. But after finishing up his attacks, whether his initial target is dead or not, an additional MASSIVE amount of damage is piled onto the target from the Haywire Strike itself, and I have seen this additional hit go up to 2800 damage, making his Haywire Strike, with the Super Hit, total up to over 3500+ damage in total, which is more than enough to 1-shot most bosses and almost all player pirates in PVP.

So, my question is....is this possible, super-charged hit a game-breaking glitch? Or is it really an actual, hidden facet, making this THE most OP one-hit one-kill Buccaneer companion in the game? If it is....then all you Buccaneers might want to start trying to get the Marine.
And people ask me why I decided to put all my Haywire companions on my Buccaneer. The Marine and Dragoon are legit op on Buccaneer. I don't want any pack companions on my Witchdoctor because my Witchdoctor has enough companions to make Avery jealous! I recently managed to get all 4 Armada companions on my Buccaneer during a recent pack sale, so I'm happy I got them all. They're op and fun to use. Also, this isn't a glitch. Haywire Strike will "echo" an additional damage amount if it crits and the fact the Marine has been boosted to 300% strength means Haywire Strike will hurt. It also works with the Dragoon since he's also a Buccaneer. I'm happy I got all 4 Armada companions and Baar but I still wish I had Imperial Boots of Moo Manchu. I've spent more than 30,000 crowns on Moo's Chest and I've yet to get them, or any Imperial Moo gear.

Sincerely,
Stormy Elijah Silver (Max Swashbuckler)
Corrupt Zane Silver (Max Privateer)
Dark Blaze Sharp (Max Witchdoctor)
Sly Brady Silver (Level 36 Musketeer-in-Training and Baar owner)
Merciless Toby Silver (Level 20 Buccaneer-in-Training and owner of all 4 Haywire Armada companions)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
warriorscreed on Sep 18, 2017 wrote:

Cue the "Let's nerf the Haywire companions" posts in the Spar Chamber! This is a serious bug on this companion, if those buffs constantly make him that OP then perhaps stop stacking strength buffs is the way to go.

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
anecorbie on Sep 18, 2017 wrote:
Cue the "Let's nerf the Haywire companions" posts in the Spar Chamber! This is a serious bug on this companion, if those buffs constantly make him that OP then perhaps stop stacking strength buffs is the way to go.
The way my brother and I produced was just by simple experimentation. My brother loves his Buccaneer and uses all Buccaneer companions. Since we're doing a run-through of Aquila together, he wanted me to use all Buccaneer companions as well so he could over-buff all of them. If I remember correctly, my brother stacked up 2 Whale's Mights (one from Peter Quint), a Shark's Fury, and then a Level 65 Strength Doubloon. I then used Haywire Strike on a random mob...and it happened. Still, while the additional large amount of damage can be produced with Epic and Mega hits, you only really get that huge amount of damage with a Super hit....so it is still pretty RNG/luck based. It's only happened 2-3 times for me since then. But I think you're right. It's most likely a bug. Just imagine what will happen if someone takes a Marine into the PvP chambers.......

Community Leader
anecorbie on Sep 18, 2017 wrote:
It's not a glitch at all, it happens with all 3 of the haywire companions with strikes (angel, marine, dragoon) with the haywire dreadnaught enemies, and haywire melee weapons. If Haywire strike gets a critical (it might have to be a super, maybe any type of critical), it will do normal super hit damage, plus a massive second hit later on as its "unpredictable effect."

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP