Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What just happened?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 31, 2011
You know how whenever you buy a companion in the crown shop afterwards it has a little orange lock symbol on the top left corner of it (meaning it is currently locked) so you can't get the same companion twice well after a while of the Doctor Noh companion I went to go to the crown shop; to then notice that Doctor Noh isn't locked, confused and also curious I bought it; but all it did was take away my crowns, does anybody know what's up with that? I honestly didn't know what to expect would happen when I bought it but I guess now I know the answer to that. Oh well I guess they do say curiosity killed the cat. If something like this has ever happened to you before please reply to this topic. I don't necessarily know what I want kingsisle to do about this rather minor issue but I'd at least like to get my money or crowns back.

Lieutenant
Mar 27, 2014
The pyromancer1 on Sep 7, 2017 wrote:
You know how whenever you buy a companion in the crown shop afterwards it has a little orange lock symbol on the top left corner of it (meaning it is currently locked) so you can't get the same companion twice well after a while of the Doctor Noh companion I went to go to the crown shop; to then notice that Doctor Noh isn't locked, confused and also curious I bought it; but all it did was take away my crowns, does anybody know what's up with that? I honestly didn't know what to expect would happen when I bought it but I guess now I know the answer to that. Oh well I guess they do say curiosity killed the cat. If something like this has ever happened to you before please reply to this topic. I don't necessarily know what I want kingsisle to do about this rather minor issue but I'd at least like to get my money or crowns back.
funny thing is I can do that with Trick Vinny but idk if I can still get him even though I have him already.

Lieutenant
Oct 28, 2012
Currently there are 4 companions that do this:
Bagha Khan
Tricky Vinny
the Yakooza Thug
Doctor Noh
There could be others but, being a Privateer, I can't see the Privateer restricted companions in the crown shop

Lieutenant
Jul 18, 2016
The pyromancer1 on Sep 7, 2017 wrote:
I know that glitch. The same thing happens with Bagha Khan and Tricky Vinny in addition to Doctor Noh. The best thing you can do is e-mail Kingsisle support and ask to have your Crowns refunded. Good luck!