Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Expanding the Free to Play Zones

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jan 23, 2011
When I first started playing Pirate101, the free to play zones would let you get to level 10 and complete all of the Skull Island Skyway. Now after the Prologue expansion, the free to play zones only get you to about level 6 and from what I hear, by the time most new players finsh the free to play zones, they don't fully understand the game and how it works so they disregard it all together instead of trying to figure it out. This means they don't continue the game and they don't buy a membership or crowns which will help keep the game up and running.

What I would like to propose is to expand the free to play zone to finsh the Ratbeard storyline (Skull Island and Flotsam Skyways) so then it would hopefully lore more people to keep playing, and so they will mostly understand the game and how it functions. This might be a bit much for the free to play zones so if this can't all become free to play, we should at least expand it back to the Presido (where it was when I started to play the game) so people can experience a full skyway and gain more knowledge along the way without need to buy anything yet.

Personally, when I first started playing Pirate101 I had no idea what I was doing until I got up to the Presido because I started understanding the battles, story, and companions.

I just hope this is taken into consideration so we can start to grow the community even more and keep Pirate101 (aka the best game ever) up and running for many more years to come!

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
I could get behind the idea of pushing the f2p to the presidio, but all of flotsam doesn't make sense from a story perspective. You see, the point of f2p areas is to hook players onto the storyline and the game. Allowing the player to finish the ratbeard storyline would leave them fulfilled and make them not want to buy a membership. This is just my opinion and I am interested to see other replies to this topic. That's all I have to say and see you in the spiral.