Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Falmea Friday - August

AuthorMessage
Hi Pirate Friends! It’s Falmea Friday, and what does that mean? Well, it’s time to give feedback on a specific topic, that’s what!

Last time, Willowydream had the great idea of talking about Wandering Bosses (both land and sky). I loved the ideas you all had – we’ll definitely keep these in mind for future updates!

This time, let’s talk about side systems. We all love pets and seasonal PVP, and we’re always looking to cram more fun stuff into the Spiral. So, today, let me ask you this – if you could put one SIDE SYSTEM (like pets or PVP) in Pirate101, what would it be?

Also, there is a Producer Letter in the works. Look for that to be coming soon!

May your sailing be smooth and your course stay true,

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of crafty swordplay and sorcery here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the Spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

Ensign
May 02, 2011
Ensign
May 29, 2009
I would love to see the ability to race ships in PvP. Think of it as the nautical equivalent to Wizard's pet derby races.

Community Leader
I'd like to see crafting added sooner rather than later. It could give much-needed variety in gear to make the current pvp (and pve) meta less stale. In addition I'd like to be able to craft unique companions.

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Professor Falmea on Aug 11, 2017 wrote:
Hi Pirate Friends! It’s Falmea Friday, and what does that mean? Well, it’s time to give feedback on a specific topic, that’s what!

Last time, Willowydream had the great idea of talking about Wandering Bosses (both land and sky). I loved the ideas you all had – we’ll definitely keep these in mind for future updates!

This time, let’s talk about side systems. We all love pets and seasonal PVP, and we’re always looking to cram more fun stuff into the Spiral. So, today, let me ask you this – if you could put one SIDE SYSTEM (like pets or PVP) in Pirate101, what would it be?

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of crafty swordplay and sorcery here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the Spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
Fishing

Bosun
Apr 26, 2009
First things first

Never put in fishing please! I mean, that's just my personal opinion but in Wizard101 it just feels like a cheap way to get players to stay in the game by making them fish for hours to craft new gear

And also, I feel like crafting in Pirate101 would be a nice addition, BUT I'd maybe see specializations of crafting similar to many MMOs do (I'm specifically thinking about the Elder Scrolls Online here). In ESO, there are crafting subsets like

Alchemy (potion-making for buffs, poisons, immunities, invisibility etc)
Blacksmithing (
Woodworking (staffs and bows)
and Cooking which was food for stat buffs like mana and health for a certain amount of time.

Now I'm not asking for an elaborate crafting system where you have to level up each and every sub-set (meaning I think every pirate should be able to craft mostly everything, even top tier gear), but I am thinking that specializations would be cool to have where you at, level 50 or something, can have your pirate choose to be really REALLY good at something. Have him be an excellent at creating armor and you can get special badges and amazing looking gear. Maybe you even specialize in hoodoo potions and have the ability to make instant revive potions for your companions. (Or maybe even barber so I can have my hair dyed and get a darn haircut......................)

Ship crafting would be nice too.

It would be cool to have a gardening system too that offers pet snacks and such but not gardening... just doesn't seem like a pirate thing. Wanted posters or looking-for-help posters that you can pick up (like seeds, they're a one-time use), send some companions or yourself after for a reward? Wanted posters have different levels of rewards depending on difficulty. They could be like : Go defeat this boss or collect this and that. This sounds more like daily task than gardening but the wanted posters still sound cool.

Maybe just have Wu come to Skull Island

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012

I've been waiting 2 1/2 years for Crafting to be implemented into our side of the Spiral! I LOVE crafting in W101 and desperately want it here!

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
CRAFTING -- I want to make stuff. I want the places I sail to and run around in to be filled with things I can collect and use in-game for stuff.

Lieutenant
Sep 04, 2013
Crafting is definitely the #1 side content I wanna see in game, there's so much stuff that can be done with it, new gear, weapons, maybe even ships and craftable powers. It would really keep me busy for a while.
Do skeleton key type bosses count as a side system? That would be my #2, would be cool to see a few new bosses with unique cheats like Kane or Sato have.

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2012
While there are a number of great sides in wizard I think I like crafting the best. I would love to see some like bounty hunter for bosses daily quest for prizes as a new idea.

Lieutenant
May 07, 2009
I really, really want crafting! I have a lot fun with it in Wizard101 and I'm sure it'd be great here too!

Ensign
May 31, 2014
I would add a castle tours equivalent in Pirate as some people are great at decorating their houses but their talent is never shown. Also, perhaps Kingsisle could make more gauntlets for pirate that pirates would put in those houses to attract more players.

Ensign
Jan 06, 2015
Please add crafting. Every time I'm wandering around on my Pirate I really feel the need to be collecting reagents. I love collecting treasure chests and things like that but I really want to be picking up reagents and I would love to be able to make unique crafted items - as far as robes with unique powers or grants, mounts, maybe even in the future crafting powers?

With crafting the possibilities are almost endless and it would really improve the overall gaming experience for me, and hopefully the rest of the community.

Also I heard people would love fishing to be added here.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013

May your sailing be smooth and your course stay true, as well, Professor.

How I love Newsletters!

Petty Officer
May 13, 2010
Looking at pets and companions they have a way to level up and get stronger. I think it would be fun to find away to "evolve" your ship. This would be in addition to the normal gear you can add to make a ship stronger. You could still purchase the bigger ships if you wanted but if you like a specific class of ship you could do tasks or collect items to "evolve" your ship to the larger class.

There could also be higher levels then whats currently in game but the only way to reach them would be to evolve the ship. The higher the level the more difficult it is to evolve them and the bigger the rewards. Maybe even grant special items/powers to your pirate even when they are not on the ship?

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
Daily Assignments, different rewards everyday from simple tasks be better than any Treasure Hoard!

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

- Deadeye Edward Morgan

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
I agree; I've been waiting a long time to Craft in Pirate101; to have a taste of what it means to Craft. Por favor, KingsIsle. *Begging eyes!*

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
I understand that this would be a heck of a lot of work on the coding side of things, but I would LOVE to see crafting implemented into the game. As of now, the only way to get top tier gear is by grinding moo, kane, captain blood, etc. and it would be nice to see an alternative to spending hours on a dungeon only to get no good loot in return.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
I am honestly not interested in side content like this but if it is added many others would enjoy it. I am more interested in story line updates. I love the story telling of this game.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011

Well... I would think of having an equivalent to the Skeleton Key secret boss system from W101, because we only have one secret boss that doesn't award a badge from defeating it. I really would think of having that in P101. We all need more hidden challenges.

Also, a bit unrelated, but I would think of having the companion training and power system having an overhaul to have a skill tree of sorts that gives them plenty of new powers to learn, some shared with other Pirates, many unique, including upgraded tiers that branch out through leveling them.

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
crafting, fishing, and daily assignments! and ship racing! thanks!

also hello professor falmea!

Ensign
Jul 26, 2012
Daily assignments would be a good way to get the player base to log in frequently.

I also would like to see crafting get introduced. In pirate101 we could having crafting both for pirate equipment AND ship parts. Regeants for equipment crafting could be found lying around on land and dropped as loot from battle. Regeants for ship part crafting could be found floating in the skyway and looted from ship battles.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
NiibKing on Aug 11, 2017 wrote:
Crafting!
Welcome to the message boards NiibKing.

Ensign
Jun 12, 2009
A scavenger hunt type thing would be cool, like if there were little messages in bottles that could be found throughout the Skyways that took us on a treasure hunt for more information about characters in Pirate101 and the founding of the Skyways and history of the worlds.

Ensign
Aug 26, 2016
Crafting, like most people said. Its awesome in Wizard101, so why not here? I also think ship PVP would be cool, but not sure how you would exactly do it.