Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Falmea Friday - August

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 23, 2012
Professor Falmea on Aug 18, 2017 wrote:
Ok, I'm starting to see a pattern here. ::grin::

Let me ask a follow up question for those of you interested in crafting - what are you MOST excited to craft? Some of you specified gear and ships. What else?
AHOY!!

I was thinking we could craft secret dungeons ... Think about this ---> we gather reagents, craft a secret dungeon (1 to 4 rooms max) and at the end we have a chance at special drops. Once you craft and run the dungeon, you gotta start over and gather reagents and craft again.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Butterblitz on Aug 21, 2017 wrote:
AHOY!!

I was thinking we could craft secret dungeons ... Think about this ---> we gather reagents, craft a secret dungeon (1 to 4 rooms max) and at the end we have a chance at special drops. Once you craft and run the dungeon, you gotta start over and gather reagents and craft again.
Welcome to the Message Boards, Butterblitz, and great idea! I love secret Dungeons!

Petty Officer
Feb 07, 2010
I like the idea of sky fishing. If you're in a skyway where fishing is availabe, the sigils on your ship that you use to leave when docked would change into fishing sigils.

Lieutenant
Mar 27, 2014
Willowydream on Aug 21, 2017 wrote:
Dozens of Ships? Sat around at the docks?

Do you switch from ship to ship as they get damaged and then run for a Life Fountain. Sorry, but I would never have thought to do that...

No wonder you're frustrated if you didn't know that the best place to heal a ship is in a windlane.It used to be that when we had to sail from place to place (pre-stage coaches and transportalers) ships would naturally heal and collect yum as we went. People got in such a hurry, they lost that process/opportunity to regain ship health.

I've got 30 ships of all sizes and origins. if a ship is damaged from combat I run to a windlane and switch ships before continuing the fight. after I finish the fight I go to a dock and wait there for the ships to heal on their own which takes forever. but I am just saying there needs to be a faster way to repair instead of using a mojo potion.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
the minutemen on Aug 21, 2017 wrote:
I've got 30 ships of all sizes and origins. if a ship is damaged from combat I run to a windlane and switch ships before continuing the fight. after I finish the fight I go to a dock and wait there for the ships to heal on their own which takes forever. but I am just saying there needs to be a faster way to repair instead of using a mojo potion.
That has got to be the most inefficient way to use ships in combat that I have ever heard. Why are you ignoring what Willowydream and I keep telling you? Sit in the windlane and use your Wheel Power to heal up quickly, that's the "faster" way you keep asking for.

Lieutenant
Jan 23, 2011
I would be most excited to craft some housing items and houses! I feel like we need a lot more houses in this game because in Wizard almost each world got 1 or 2 houses from it yet the only world themed pirate houses are from Skull Island. I need more houses to decorate because I am almost finished my other 5!

New and powerful ship equipment would also be great so we could have more diversity in powers. I see mainly the same powers for each level and people keep farming the same ships so we all have the best powers.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I have to say, this is a prime example of why a new Ship Battle tutorial is desperately needed.

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
Quite the Achievement mate, well done!

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

- Deadeye Edward Morgan

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
well awesome news indeed! tyvm for listening to us and adding a team-up kiosk to pirate101!! hopefully yall agree that the Ideal placement will be near the Bazaar area instead of Avery's court, keeping our life fountain mark can be pretty important, thus getting to it from transportaler makes it a smooth no lag and gold-free way to encourage maximum use.. pretty sure everyone will get more happiness and fun out of this addition that way.. even neater if you guys could give it a pirate-ey shape similar to the bulletein board or help wanted board others had mentioned :,3 but still tytyty for this <3

stormy jen silver

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
I've played both games forever it feels like and test realms are my most-frequented place when open.. I'd like to ask that if not now, than in the near future you'd consider advertising (via kilive and login screen and newsletter?) that for a certain test realm you'll ask ALL pirates with accounts to log in and comment on their most-needed glitch issues, yes i mean zone-bought players.. vets that fully own this game and play regularily but dont feel buying a membership is currently worth it just for the ability to chat on the forums.. since its communicating to the devs who are extremely busy, best to make it happen when devs have time to listen.. their input is invaluable and the reason this game didnt sink.. anyways a Bug-Out test realm time-frame.. where they can do screen-shots of when the camera pans out to far in Regatta, or other glitchy spots like hydra etc.. will be lots of vital info to sort through, but in the long run will be better if vets can be a significant part of it.. a Vet pass if you will.. if it hadnt been for vets from the morph tent who were willing to chat console explain and help me with ship fighting etc, I'd not be here nor have been able to fully understand certain bug issues not how to get past them..
the more knowledgable input the easier the tasks are to complete for everyone.. win/win

tyvm for listening

stormy jen silver

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
as far as crafting i think what we want to be able to craft is everything xD and be fun to add up to 25 more recipes quarterly, depending on the dev work required to get it done.. the more awesome and expansive (like an unseen ship or house or storage vault) the less total of that type to be released at that time but goal set near 25 so everyone gets something that will excite them.. though on minimum re-skin re-statting stuff maybe 5 ship-gear types, 5 potion-types, 5 gear types, 5 housing types, 5 mount/pet types..

ideally it shouldn't be crafting exactly how it is in Wiz..some reagents could be found lying on the ground yes but..
1)from fish when fishing.. when i asked for fishing forever ago i wanted it for wiz, but it BELONGS here too..
we are pirates we'd like sky fishing with casting nets and ground fishing with poles we CRAFT

2)from treasure chests we dig up via our daily treasure-hunting map quests(our bag needs to hold 99 unopened) be great to have a home vault for these too please.. crafting it first is fine..
when i suggested daily assignments i suggested it in pirate test realm as treasure-hunting, where we'd have maps, clues, shovels.. can craft, find, or buy extra shovels from vender and longer-use variety or bundles of 250 from crown shop.. i did mention both games but Pirates needs daily login goodies and fun mini adventures most which is why i suggested it for here first lol :) but good things come to those who wait.. I'm patient <3 for the best system.. hugs

3)from jewels we create from special ores we dug.. lots of caves and mines already instilled in p101, be neat if interactive.. shame to waste all of cool ranch.. so much to find there if we had mining picks and could craft bigger carry containers for it even.. unfinished unpolished ones from digging.. rare find in treasure chest.. treasure items like broken crown salvages into base materials..

to be continued :)

stormy jen silver

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
continued discussion on reagents for crafting/melding..

4)salvaging base materials- this is huge and i posted this a loooooong time back and reminders since plus others have also contributed their ideas on this too.. for this we will need type-specific salvage piles, a form of storage unit that is placeable, extras bought or crafted, highest storage capacity ones in crown shop(1000 items) with a unique look from crafted ones(will explain their purpose in a moment).. also be helpful eventually if we could have our bags and share bank store(like wiz) 999 of each of the finished reagents.. nobody loves loot more than a pirate ;D arggg

a)from ship parts- example salvaging an item via a smith-forge(one in each world and a home one we could craft eventually) yields 1 same world-origin frame for type salvaged and base materials plus pixie-dust(thus a pirate-origin anchor yields pirate-origin anchor frame piece plus base materials like iron ore, iron smelt and small amount of pixie-dust) pixie-dust or ship magic can ONLY be salvaged from ships and ship parts.. it is vital to every ship-type recipe otherwise we wouldn't be sky pirates :)

b)from housing items- wallpapers and flooring, all decorative stuff, crown pack stuff, pillows, maze pieces etc- yields pigments for dyes and paints, unfinished woods, paper, stuffing, turpentine, and glue: glue is ONLY found from housing items..

both can yield turpentine re-used for ship planking and dressers vaults etc.. turpentine can be found from ship hulls ship armor etc..

NOTE: rarely a LOST item like bent lock-picks, broken jewelry, an old shoe(for fishing xD lol) will be found from any type of above salvage types(coats have pockets, ship decks have holes, dressers have drawers, pillows have fringe for lost items to get stuck in, pets fetch things, treasure chests, while digging too)

to be continued xD

stormy jen silver

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
lol this brain of mine.. le sigh..

4)salvaging base materials(continued)

c)weapons- first PLEASE let us hang our weapons up on the walls or cabins of our homes and ships and dorms.. most have sentimental value as well as add a certain atmosphere to a room that re-enforces our bravery and fighting accomplishments as well as gives us more very needed space in our bags.. pirates are proud of their hard-earned loot :D & WE HAVE THE MOST GORGEOUS WEAPONS!! (especially for when housing tours come hee hee ;D ya?)-anyways base materials like ores, jewels, refined metals, embellishments, solder, and weapon castings(example shooty/staffy weapon yields a shooty/staffy casting piece and occasionally 2 if an elite or boss weapon was salvaged) -solder can ONLY be salvaged from weapons- for this idea visiting a weaponsmith is required and might be best when creating a smithing recipe for the weaponsmith to have time to make it, thus drop ingredients off for up to 5 orders of new crafted weapons, but pick up in the morning? yes pay a small fee to the smith for his troubles too :) these weapons created should have the theme of the world as well but ideally new looks not found anywhere else (not dropped by a boss etc).. also each weaponsmith might have a specialty item that is unique to that particular smith even more added later, "inspired by" his/her homeland, family, previous crew, a favorite hobby etc, but with stats that can be MODIFIED to fit the pirate ordering it, example certain value allowed total and can only choose 3 main stats and 2 minor stats, the main being more restricted in allowable chunk of total value as per level of pirate ordering it.. this particular weapon GROWS with your pirate in the way of going back to same exact weaponsmith every 10 levels for "repair and embellishments" again timer on these too.. in this way weaponsmiths have 2 ways of interesting clients in their wares, simple creation and specialized customizing..

to be continued

stormy jen silver

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
lol yep still continuing..

4)salvaging items continued again..

d)clothing- includes eyepatches as well as hats, tunics, boots- yields pattern pieces item specific, silk, leather, velvet, buttons and clasps, feathers(all hats can), fringe, buckles(tunic, boots), cotton, linen, cording, tassles, patchwork pieces, and threads.. while there may be different types of finished threads later used in recipes for items other than just clothing(example curtains, tablecloths pet beds) these thread spools or leather lacings(thread fibers plus leather) can ONLY be refined from thread fibers found from salvaging clothing items

e)trinkets-(totems amulets rings) have the highest yield of precious refined metals, perfect jewels(unstatted), beads, pigments, feathers, and luck.. luck is ONLY found from salvaging trinket items and can be used in potions as well as a key ingredient in creating new jewelry/trinkets.. luck is malleable thus depending on other ingredients and recipe whether in recipes for potions or polishing jewels(adding stats) it attunes to the finished product, thus for a fishing item recipe(fishing poles special lures nets) it adds permanent fishing luck, whereas adding it to a pet collar naturally increases both pet appearing in battles of any type(loyalty) as well as increases the chance when bred with, that if possible by species it will make a hybrid, so if hybrid chance is 25% it increases it by 10% permanently.. also luck is mainly used in temporary potions to increase the pirate's chance of finding rarer loot and especially rarer reagent items when digging up treasure chests, different types of treasure chests yield different goodies inside, can be opened later but the higher tier of treasure chest found gives different and higher amounts of loot.. at first i recommend not being allowed to sell or trade treasure chests, though either placeable at home or in ship as well as in bank..

to be continued xD

stormy jen silver

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
wrapping up crafting/salvaging/melding (whoo lol)

5)melding- melding goes hand-in-hand with the ideas of both stitching and salvaging and is used for ship items, clothing items and weapon items, it is similar to stitching except you take 3 items, 1 for looks(must match origin, body area, and weapon class respectively) and 2 you glean stats from.. the first item used for looks has ALL of its current stats washed away leaving a skin only, the other 2 items must be same level as each other and are then combined, total stats then are divided by 3(one for each item used and to provide balance modifying), the level determined on the final product is based on the selected level for its stats, not the original item, thus have a crossbow that is level 10, or a claw that is level 65 etc.. this costs both crowns and luck (the reagent)and can only be by a specialized NPC based on the type

6)potions-different from elixirs yet some are the same as sold in crown shop, total crafting level determines when your character can unlock the Potionmaster, be neat if quest to find this NPC was originally given by Madame Vadima, might involve time portals and/or different dimensions, possibly even a whirlpool in a lake, be cool if travel to Darkmoor if only for a teensy peek into that world.. spirit realm windlanes spooky places and cool ranch ghosts and totem spirits etc.. some example potion recipes you might earn would be gold find, loot find, reset crafting timers(for home stations only not specialized weaponsmiths), pet hybrid hatching luck elixir, fishing luck elixirs, miracle-growing orchard fertilizers, polish(vital for giving stats to jewels as well requires luck), weatherizing potion(gives extra boost to base ship stats)

7)salvage piles- 1 for each type- beware these are not normal vaults anything tossed in can never again be equipped- will hold 100 items to then be taken to an NPC who'll refine them into base materials for a fee (6hr wait time before pickup)

stormy jen silver

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
Professor Falmea on Aug 11, 2017 wrote:
Hi Pirate Friends! It’s Falmea Friday, and what does that mean? Well, it’s time to give feedback on a specific topic, that’s what!

Last time, Willowydream had the great idea of talking about Wandering Bosses (both land and sky). I loved the ideas you all had – we’ll definitely keep these in mind for future updates!

This time, let’s talk about side systems. We all love pets and seasonal PVP, and we’re always looking to cram more fun stuff into the Spiral. So, today, let me ask you this – if you could put one SIDE SYSTEM (like pets or PVP) in Pirate101, what would it be?

Also, there is a Producer Letter in the works. Look for that to be coming soon!

May your sailing be smooth and your course stay true,

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of crafty swordplay and sorcery here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the Spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
Crafting, andor cabins that you can buy for gold.

Great ideas, folks. We'll definitely keep this list of suggestions in mind for future updates!

A new Falmea Friday shall be sailing through shortly!

Petty Officer
Aug 13, 2012
It would be cool if your companions help you with the crafting either make the progress faster or add some new abilities or attack powers on weapons.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
And I will just add one more voice for the plea for Crafting! (Fishing too, I love fishing in Wizard101 as well) I would especially love to make things for our houses - art, wall hangings, tapestries, furniture... I love to do all of that in Wizard101. And of course, it would be extremely cool if we could build a house or ship with crafting!

Ensign
Jan 14, 2014
Gardening, and definitely fishing, this last one fits the pirate theme most, I mean, we already have a fishing town carried by a whale with another small town inside it