Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Favorite Companion Trio

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 17, 2016
I bet all pirates, regardless of their class, have a preferred battle trio of companions

I would love to know what everyone else's favorites are.

Mine are, currently...

Firstmate: Shiruku Neko, Level 52 Swasbuckler Cat Ninja
Next: Taro Moomori, Level 47 Buccaneer Samoorai Champion
Finally: Militus Crassus, Level 47 Musketeer Haywire Musketeer

And let me know where you found them

Lieutenant
Oct 28, 2012
I have many groups set up, whether its just for fun or they work well together.
My favorite of my groups is The Giant Squad which consists of:
Haywire Dragoon
Holkun Doomhorn
Goronado

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
Scar Devereaux on May 8, 2017 wrote:
I bet all pirates, regardless of their class, have a preferred battle trio of companions

Mine are, currently...

Of my 5 pirates (all max with max level companions) only 3 have a set trio of companions that I use for any situation whether it be PVP or PVE. You will notice that Old Scratch is on each of these teams and that is due to his buff which suits these classes well.

Privy: Old Scratch, Bonnie Anne and Emmet.

The Old Scratch buff makes Artillery and Big Guns a long distance attack that can serious ruin your opponent's day. Put a Valor's Armor and Firstmate Boon on Bonnie and she becomes a killing machine. With Over Watch 3 she also reduces the accuracy of your opponents. Emmet has 3 attacks which limit movement for your opponent and it's useful against enemies that tend to rush in.

Musket: Old Scratch, Chantal and Bonnie Anne.

Again, the Old Scratch buff increases the effectiveness of bombs and shields and these should be key components of any Musket's strategy. Chantal and Bonnie both reduce the accuracy of charging opponents and they both also seem to unleash devastating epic chains at a higher frequency than most other companions.

Witch: Old Scratch, Mormo and Carcarius.

In this case the Old Scratch buff can be fully utilized and makes Witchdoctors capable of doing the most damage of any class with a single strike. My Mojo Reaver, for example, frequently hits for 4500+ damage and can 'one shot' 99.9% of unshielded attackers. Mormo and Carcarius both benefit from the buff and with Mormo's Mojo attack, he can deal 2,500+ damage to multiple targets with one attack. Carcarius' Will buff is also useful. For some reason, I have almost always been a purist when it comes to Witchdoctors (with varying degrees of success lol) and used strictly Witchdoctor companions. For a while I was using Bonnie Anne for her dodge reduce and heal along with Kan Po And Keisuke Yagi for their abilty to hide, heal and deal damage. This was an effective team, but the Old Scratch buff changed things and I have since returned to a full Witchdoctor line-up.

Fair Sailing Friends :)

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
gamerman129 on May 9, 2017 wrote:
I have many groups set up, whether its just for fun or they work well together.
My favorite of my groups is The Giant Squad which consists of:
Haywire Dragoon
Holkun Doomhorn
Goronado
Whoa...
How may crowns do you think you dropped? That's a dream team!

Lieutenant
Oct 28, 2012
noahdd on May 12, 2017 wrote:
Whoa...
How may crowns do you think you dropped? That's a dream team!
Too many, lets leave it at that

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Scar Devereaux on May 8, 2017 wrote:

Mine are, currently...

I'm still confused as to what this thread is all about. Is it about what your favorite Companion is that you already have, or is it the team that you've been dreaming of?

If it's the former, then it would be Sarah Steele, Fan Flanders and Shiruku Neko. I like Sarah and Fan damage-wise, and I like Shiruku Neko for her looks and her damage is alright.

If it's the latter, I'd probably say the Haywire Armada Dragoon, the Haywire Musketeer Companion, and the Haywire Battle Angel. I even came up with a song for these Haywire Companions!

- The Dashing Swashbuckler, A.K.A. Helpful Aurora Parker, Level 61 Swashbuckler
- The Reckless Pirate, A.K.A. Brave Kiley, Level 26 Buccaneer
- The Leading Commodore, A.K.A. Nora, Level 14 Privateer
- The Lazy Sharpshooter, A.K.A. Destiny Galway, Level 10 Musketeer

Ensign
Jun 09, 2016
I have a lore-friendly trio of using my Starter as a firstmate, Kraken Skulls second and Presidio third. For my witchdoctor (which at the moment is my only character), that's Kan Po, Mormo and Dead Mike. Speaking of which, I'd argue Mikey is the best for a witchdoctor (for obvious reasons). Three companions I like the most? El Toro, Bonnie Anne and Ratbeard - in that order.

Lieutenant
Nov 05, 2011
For my max Swashbuckler it's El Toro, Sarah Steele and Bonnie Anne. On my buccaneer who is currently in Cool Ranch it's Peter Quint, Barnabus and Ratbeard.

Petty Officer
Mar 10, 2015
Ensign
Dec 12, 2012

Being honest here, my swashbuckler just goes with whatever isn't wounded. But here, I'll show you my team... it's my biggest secret...

Swashbuckler, Level 47 (Stormy JuliaDove)
•Sarah Steele (The epic mouse firstmate)
•El Toro (music plays, you get it.)
•Fan Flanders/BonnieAnne (if none of those are avalible, probably Froggo Villa because it's around the normal companion level right now.

Why the "swashbuckler" thing looks weird alone is because I was going to do more but #lazyme

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Step 1: Promote Tonka to Bison War Chief

Step 2: Use first 3 companions only

Step 3: Have first 3 companions be in this order, Tonka, Bison Archer, Bison Brave and let Tonka be the war chief he was born to be

Lieutenant
Sep 04, 2013
Monquistador Veteran
Monquistador Sharpshooter
Monquisitor Intiate

Nobody suspects the Monquistan inquisition!

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
My favourite Swash team is:

Crab Hermit

Nurse Quinn

Crazy Monquistador

Anyone with me, no?

How about this epic buccaneer team!

Water Mole Slingman

Pig Crossbowman

Lost Skeletal Ranger

Does no one seriously agree with me

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Ensign
Oct 17, 2016
Helpful Aurora Par... on May 13, 2017 wrote:
I'm still confused as to what this thread is all about. Is it about what your favorite Companion is that you already have, or is it the team that you've been dreaming of?

If it's the former, then it would be Sarah Steele, Fan Flanders and Shiruku Neko. I like Sarah and Fan damage-wise, and I like Shiruku Neko for her looks and her damage is alright.

If it's the latter, I'd probably say the Haywire Armada Dragoon, the Haywire Musketeer Companion, and the Haywire Battle Angel. I even came up with a song for these Haywire Companions!

- The Dashing Swashbuckler, A.K.A. Helpful Aurora Parker, Level 61 Swashbuckler
- The Reckless Pirate, A.K.A. Brave Kiley, Level 26 Buccaneer
- The Leading Commodore, A.K.A. Nora, Level 14 Privateer
- The Lazy Sharpshooter, A.K.A. Destiny Galway, Level 10 Musketeer
This thread is about the companions you already have, and are currently using. Sorry if I didn't make it clear enough .

~Scarlet Devereaux -Level 54 Buccaneer-
~Esmerelda Devereaux -Level 7 Swashbuckler-
~Cordelia Devereaux -Level 3 Swashbuckler-

Ensign
Apr 29, 2017
On my musketeer, I like to use the clockwork Armadas Pack Musketeer, Chantal and Old Stitch. Stitch makes those bombs extremely powerful, and with three rounds of overwatch (and readied spell for me), burst fire and double tap, you can pick a lot of enemies off before they come close.