Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Rooke Drop Rates

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Sep 27, 2015
*Sigh* I didn't wanna make a discussion on this, but it's come to the point where I had to bring this up. I have farmed The Wreck of The Victory 300+ times with not a single desired drop, I'm not joking when I say the rarest drop i've received is the Dragoon Autocannon. I've been involved with KI for 5 years and I have only started playing Pirate101 a year ago but I'm a big Wizard101 player. I'm used to farming difficult bosses for the best gear, and Rookes Bulwark is great for my Buccaneer. Am I doing something wrong or is the drop rate just that low?

Much Appreciated

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
I, too, have had problems farming this dungeon. i have amassed well over 200 runs and my luck is only a little better than yours. I have gotten Rooke's shirt 3 times, but no other good drops to speak of.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
Excuse me if I seem incredulous, but in order to farm Rooke 3000+ times in a year, you would have had to be playing it 10 times a day, every day. That dungeon has five battles in it, and takes about an hour to get through.

In addition, you say you've only been playing Pirate101 for a years. How long did it take you to get through Skull Island, Monquista, Valencia, Cool Ranch I, Port Regal, Cool Ranch II, Monquista, and virtually all of Marleybone just to even begin your first go through with Rooke?

Perhaps the problem is not with Rooke's drop rates but your perception in the number of times you've done the dungeon.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
MoonRanger4 on Apr 29, 2017 wrote:
*Sigh* I didn't wanna make a discussion on this, but it's come to the point where I had to bring this up. I have farmed The Wreck of The Victory 300+ times with not a single desired drop, I'm not joking when I say the rarest drop i've received is the Dragoon Autocannon. I've been involved with KI for 5 years and I have only started playing Pirate101 a year ago but I'm a big Wizard101 player. I'm used to farming difficult bosses for the best gear, and Rookes Bulwark is great for my Buccaneer. Am I doing something wrong or is the drop rate just that low?

Much Appreciated
Welcome to the message boards, MoonRanger4! Drop rates here are as random in Wizard ( How many times did you run Water Works or Darkmoor? )
Certainly I know the agony of many fruitless runs of dungeons for a simply-gotta-have boss drop.
Persistence does pay off in the end.
Good Luck and welcome to Pirate!

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
MoonRanger4 on Apr 29, 2017 wrote:

Much Appreciated
That is rather odd. 300 runs means 600 boss fights (since you have to kill him twice), meaning 600 chests with not a single boss drop. For players in the most extremum end like you I do advocate an increase in drop rates, cause there is a point when lady luck should just walk the plank.

Ensign
Sep 27, 2015
Max DeGroot on Apr 29, 2017 wrote:
Excuse me if I seem incredulous, but in order to farm Rooke 3000+ times in a year, you would have had to be playing it 10 times a day, every day. That dungeon has five battles in it, and takes about an hour to get through.

In addition, you say you've only been playing Pirate101 for a years. How long did it take you to get through Skull Island, Monquista, Valencia, Cool Ranch I, Port Regal, Cool Ranch II, Monquista, and virtually all of Marleybone just to even begin your first go through with Rooke?

Perhaps the problem is not with Rooke's drop rates but your perception in the number of times you've done the dungeon.
Hiya,

No, No, It's alright. I'm happy to answer any questions you may have. I believe you misread my text, I said 300+ times not 3000+ I'm pretty motivated but not that motivated , I could finish that dungeon in about 45 minutes. So I've been playing Pirate for about a year and a half now, I got up to 3/4 of Cool Ranch then stopped. I came back (Because I saw how cool Kane's Mask looks, can't wait for the disaster of farming that) motivated to quest. I completed each world up to Aquila in 4-5 Days. I can guarantee you that i am in no such way exaggerating that I have not gotten any drops and have done that dungeon over 300 times.

If you have any more questions please let me know.

Ensign
Sep 27, 2015
Fearless Finnagan on Apr 29, 2017 wrote:
I, too, have had problems farming this dungeon. i have amassed well over 200 runs and my luck is only a little better than yours. I have gotten Rooke's shirt 3 times, but no other good drops to speak of.
Well Rooke's Shirt looks epic, consider yourself lucky. Well luckier than me .

Ensign
Sep 27, 2015
anecorbie on Apr 29, 2017 wrote:
Welcome to the message boards, MoonRanger4! Drop rates here are as random in Wizard ( How many times did you run Water Works or Darkmoor? )
Certainly I know the agony of many fruitless runs of dungeons for a simply-gotta-have boss drop.
Persistence does pay off in the end.
Good Luck and welcome to Pirate!
Hiya,

Alright well, Darkmoor on my balance. Usually I used Team-Up so I'm probably stuck with a bad team that usually take over 3 hours of my time. Around 28 runs I believe to say and I've Gotten 5 of the Robe, 3 of the shoes, 2 of the wand, and 2 athames, No hat. Eventually I spammed the chest and got it cause I was done with that dungeon. I did the same with the storm, once we beat Malistaire I spammed the chest until all the gear was mine. I only did the waterworks on my life for some reason (Which was a good decision because there really is no other place for life to farm good gear from). I think after about 7 runs I got the full set of gear which isn't too bad. People say that the Pirate Chests are so much more worth it compared to the Wizard chests but I beg to differ because I have used Rooke's chest about 10 times with a bunch of horrible gear.

Thanks for the welcome , I stopped farming Rooke for now only to farm for Phule's mask which I got on the first hour of farming Along with his medallion which I got on the first run and heard was much rarer than the hat and wand.

Ensign
Sep 27, 2015
Golden Guardian on Apr 29, 2017 wrote:
That is rather odd. 300 runs means 600 boss fights (since you have to kill him twice), meaning 600 chests with not a single boss drop. For players in the most extremum end like you I do advocate an increase in drop rates, cause there is a point when lady luck should just walk the plank.
Hiya,

Actually each time you beat Rooke you get about 8-9 chests, and the second time 3-4. Also I stopped doing Rooke's second battle because I heard the second fight doesn't drop any of his main drops. Maybe someone will end my torture and increase the drop rates , doubt it but I can dream.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Max DeGroot on Apr 29, 2017 wrote:

LOL, Max, I think you've misread the number of times this pirate fought Rooke. It's three hundred not three thousand ( oh my, the thought reels! )

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
MoonRanger4 on Apr 30, 2017 wrote:
Hiya,

Actually each time you beat Rooke you get about 8-9 chests, and the second time 3-4. Also I stopped doing Rooke's second battle because I heard the second fight doesn't drop any of his main drops. Maybe someone will end my torture and increase the drop rates , doubt it but I can dream.
Hi, I think you are confused. I was referring to boss chests only. There are only 2 boss chests in that dungeon, and both are from the Rooke Battles. . NO OTHER chest drops boss gear, only the boss chests (and second chance/group chests).
More importantly you should not have stopped doing the second battle because of some silly rumor. Anyone who tells you rumors should walk the plank (unless of course they have somehow snuck into KI and stolen game data- which is wrong). I got his robe, bulwark and axe all from second fight, meaning whatever you heard was a lie. This dungeon is amazing because you have 2 final rooke boss fights one after the other. In a way its like a free second chance chest. By missing the second boss fight, you have missed a lot of opportunities and wasted time restarting.

I do hope you get your drops soon, fair sailing mate.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
anecorbie on Apr 30, 2017 wrote:
LOL, Max, I think you've misread the number of times this pirate fought Rooke. It's three hundred not three thousand ( oh my, the thought reels! )
I could have SWORN it said 3000+. My bad.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
MoonRanger4 on Apr 30, 2017 wrote:
Hiya,

Alright well, Darkmoor on my balance. Usually I used Team-Up so I'm probably stuck with a bad team that usually take over 3 hours of my time. Around 28 runs I believe to say and I've Gotten 5 of the Robe, 3 of the shoes, 2 of the wand, and 2 athames, No hat. Eventually I spammed the chest and got it cause I was done with that dungeon. I did the same with the storm, once we beat Malistaire I spammed the chest until all the gear was mine. I only did the waterworks on my life for some reason (Which was a good decision because there really is no other place for life to farm good gear from). I think after about 7 runs I got the full set of gear which isn't too bad. People say that the Pirate Chests are so much more worth it compared to the Wizard chests but I beg to differ because I have used Rooke's chest about 10 times with a bunch of horrible gear.

Thanks for the welcome , I stopped farming Rooke for now only to farm for Phule's mask which I got on the first hour of farming Along with his medallion which I got on the first run and heard was much rarer than the hat and wand.
Have you tried farming the Tower of Moo Manchu, yet?

Ensign
Sep 27, 2015
anecorbie on May 2, 2017 wrote:
Have you tried farming the Tower of Moo Manchu, yet?
Just finished Kane on my Buccaneer and I have to say that was the hardest fight in the game (for me). Moo Manchu was pretty easy for my team, we had 2 max witchdoctors who were really good so no problems there (Aside from the last fight which was pretty hard). Aside from all that while I was farming rooke I opened a chest then I saw "Generals Capello". A few runs after I got all the gear from the chests including "Schemers Eyepatch" so I take back everything I said about the chest . Tbh though I don't think I will ever farm Moo Manchu though. I just made a witchdoctor so I plan on getting Kane's Mask and Captain Blood's Jacket (Oh boy). Unless you can name a note worthy drop from Moo Manchu I will stay away from him and his ominous tower .

Ensign
Sep 27, 2015
Update on topic: I have currently recieved all the Rooke Gear I desired (Hat, Robe, Weapon) from him along with 2 Schemer's eyepatch .The labels for his Hat and Robe are Ultra-Rare and his weapon is Rare. My tip to anyone wanting his outfit is to use the chest .

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
MoonRanger4 on May 8, 2017 wrote:
Just finished Kane on my Buccaneer and I have to say that was the hardest fight in the game (for me). Moo Manchu was pretty easy for my team, we had 2 max witchdoctors who were really good so no problems there (Aside from the last fight which was pretty hard). Aside from all that while I was farming rooke I opened a chest then I saw "Generals Capello". A few runs after I got all the gear from the chests including "Schemers Eyepatch" so I take back everything I said about the chest . Tbh though I don't think I will ever farm Moo Manchu though. I just made a witchdoctor so I plan on getting Kane's Mask and Captain Blood's Jacket (Oh boy). Unless you can name a note worthy drop from Moo Manchu I will stay away from him and his ominous tower .
Moo's drops:
The Imperial Jacket of Moo Manchu - Terror Cotta summons ( 9 for PVP, Will based amount of summoned for PVP )
The Imperial Crown of Moo Manchu- fire wave; causes some damage, prevents muskets from targeting you via a smoke cloud effect ( No PVP )
The Imperial Boots of Moo Manchu - ice wave freezes all enemies for one round. ( no PVP )
Also the Staff of Power
For Buccaneers grants a team Relentless
So if any of these seem worth trudging up 10 floors to face a mad cow.... Carpe Bovinus?

Petty Officer
Mar 10, 2015
Realize that drops in wizard and pirate don't work the same way. In wizard the drop is randomly scaled eg rare = 10% to role out ... in pirate that does not seem to be the case with bosses. For pirate it seems like it has 5 cheasts each with a chance to give you something out of what rooke has without any drop regulators. For that reason pirate101 drops are outrages bad.

This is a fix that is super easy for king isle to do and would fix a lot of issues. Create a badge for all the unique loot bosses. After a person kills the boss 1000 times his gear becomes available for crowns if none member and gold plus regents for members. This would make it possible to get all loot rather then doing a boss potentially 1M times and never getting it.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Lukeskywalker1313 on May 10, 2017 wrote:
Realize that drops in wizard and pirate don't work the same way. In wizard the drop is randomly scaled eg rare = 10% to role out ... in pirate that does not seem to be the case with bosses. For pirate it seems like it has 5 cheasts each with a chance to give you something out of what rooke has without any drop regulators. For that reason pirate101 drops are outrages bad.

This is a fix that is super easy for king isle to do and would fix a lot of issues. Create a badge for all the unique loot bosses. After a person kills the boss 1000 times his gear becomes available for crowns if none member and gold plus regents for members. This would make it possible to get all loot rather then doing a boss potentially 1M times and never getting it.
Even though it took over 2 years ( not steadily farming ) for me to get Blood's Jacket and at least 70 runs to get the Robes of Moo, I wouldn't say that the drops are "outrageously" bad in comparison to Wizard.
I have often received a drop the first time through and ( unlike W101 ) in a team up, everyone gets the same reward; be it pet, boss gear or mount.
Your way makes it more of a chore than anything else.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Lukeskywalker1313 on May 10, 2017 wrote:

Also, your way would make a Second Chance Chest absolutely redundant. Why use the SCC if there's a guaranteed reward?

Ensign
Sep 27, 2015
anecorbie on May 8, 2017 wrote:
Moo's drops:
The Imperial Jacket of Moo Manchu - Terror Cotta summons ( 9 for PVP, Will based amount of summoned for PVP )
The Imperial Crown of Moo Manchu- fire wave; causes some damage, prevents muskets from targeting you via a smoke cloud effect ( No PVP )
The Imperial Boots of Moo Manchu - ice wave freezes all enemies for one round. ( no PVP )
Also the Staff of Power
So if any of these seem worth trudging up 10 floors to face a mad cow.... Carpe Bovinus?
I would only do the Jacket, the staff, and maybe some of the nefarious weapons. Sadly though i'm stuck farming Miranda though, Blood Flames is worth the struggle through those 4 fights though (Unless it takes over 400 runs XD).

Ensign
Sep 27, 2015
anecorbie on May 8, 2017 wrote:
Moo's drops:
Also the Staff of Power
So I was just doing a casual Miranda run and I just beat Captain Blood thinking "Wouldn't it be funny if I got the jacket and told her I got it an hour after I sent that message". BAM right at the top of the screen "Captain Blood's Jacket". Sorry just had to share my excitement with someone .

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
MoonRanger4 on May 10, 2017 wrote:
So I was just doing a casual Miranda run and I just beat Captain Blood thinking "Wouldn't it be funny if I got the jacket and told her I got it an hour after I sent that message". BAM right at the top of the screen "Captain Blood's Jacket". Sorry just had to share my excitement with someone .
I know how you feel; when that Jacket dropped for me and I saw those words...! Well, you know.