Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Strengthen witchdoctor!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 26, 2011
You're about to fight a buccaneer and you are picking your companions. Who you don't pick is carcarius! He is literally so trash. In addition to this, the update with witch hunter and the new op hybrid buck is making it very difficult to cop as a witch doctor. I employ you kingsisle to do one of the following.

One: restore charm back to witchdoctors. Every class but witch doctor has a good power at lvl 60: highland, zeal, knock, fog, etc. but witch just gets hoplites? I really think charm should be granted back so that if someone decides to rush a witch turn to they can ask for a death wish. Don't restore charming gaze on pets thought that was broken.

Two: strengthen carcarius. He is literally the weakest of the 5 class trainer companions. His accuracy sucks so if you give him readies spell 3 he will most likely fizzle. That's why Bonnie is better. Also, why does he have purge? Even in Pve sense what? Lol? Why would you want to remove your buffs again when your pirate can? Also, he has an extremely weak embrace which doesn't even chain like Chantal's, petes, and marchs super hit. The only decent thing about him is his buff but even then the march has the same buff lol. Kingsisle you need to completely change this companion like you did with scratch because buffing him up is imo the best way of balancing witchdoctor without weakening the other classes. Leave comments on what you guys think.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
miranda deathgem on Feb 25, 2017 wrote:
You're about to fight a buccaneer and you are picking your companions. Who you don't pick is carcarius! He is literally so trash. In addition to this, the update with witch hunter and the new op hybrid buck is making it very difficult to cop as a witch doctor. I employ you kingsisle to do one of the following.

One: restore charm back to witchdoctors. Every class but witch doctor has a good power at lvl 60: highland, zeal, knock, fog, etc. but witch just gets hoplites? I really think charm should be granted back so that if someone decides to rush a witch turn to they can ask for a death wish. Don't restore charming gaze on pets thought that was broken.

Two: strengthen carcarius. He is literally the weakest of the 5 class trainer companions. His accuracy sucks so if you give him readies spell 3 he will most likely fizzle. That's why Bonnie is better. Also, why does he have purge? Even in Pve sense what? Lol? Why would you want to remove your buffs again when your pirate can? Also, he has an extremely weak embrace which doesn't even chain like Chantal's, petes, and marchs super hit. The only decent thing about him is his buff but even then the march has the same buff lol. Kingsisle you need to completely change this companion like you did with scratch because buffing him up is imo the best way of balancing witchdoctor without weakening the other classes. Leave comments on what you guys think.
I completely agree with both your points -
Charm should be in PVP, even pets with "charming gaze" & the Lotus Masque should be allowed in PVP.
I absolutely agree that Carcarious needs to be strengthened, but Purge if used correctly can be very effective against those who 'shield spam".
Carcarious needs a super hit so he can chain ( sorry, but Embrace is different from Marchioness' super hit or Chantal's sniper shot. )

Petty Officer
Jan 03, 2010
1) Not my first time saying this on the message boards but again, charm is banned for a reason. It bothers me that people haven't done their homework in regards to this and continue to bring it up.

2) Witchdoctor's hoplites are extremely underwhelming, 100%. I think they would be perfect if they got a slight health buff and the Hold the Line epic. They'd be much more useful in both PvP and PvE alike as well as provide the witchdoctor class some much needed breathing room to help deal with opposing melee threats.

3) Carcarius is a pushover. He should get a witch version guaranteed super hit and access to a wider variety of epic talents, namely mojo rising (which only 3 companions in game can train as of right now, a general problem in itself). His terrible accuracy is a hugedeal. Purge on him is also a joke, it hurts more than helps in the long run (in PvP AND PvE).

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Wolf SkullRider on Feb 26, 2017 wrote:
1) Not my first time saying this on the message boards but again, charm is banned for a reason. It bothers me that people haven't done their homework in regards to this and continue to bring it up.

2) Witchdoctor's hoplites are extremely underwhelming, 100%. I think they would be perfect if they got a slight health buff and the Hold the Line epic. They'd be much more useful in both PvP and PvE alike as well as provide the witchdoctor class some much needed breathing room to help deal with opposing melee threats.

3) Carcarius is a pushover. He should get a witch version guaranteed super hit and access to a wider variety of epic talents, namely mojo rising (which only 3 companions in game can train as of right now, a general problem in itself). His terrible accuracy is a hugedeal. Purge on him is also a joke, it hurts more than helps in the long run (in PvP AND PvE).
"Charm is banned for a reason"
1. And that reason is NOT because it's OP. The reason is because it messed up order of battle; yet, we got an assurance from Ratbeard that when that problem was solved, Charm would be reinstated.
2. I completely agree.
3. Carcarious deserves that "wow!" factor. Give him Dispel Magic, maybe?