Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Guide to Message Board Ranks

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jan 20, 2013
Around the time when the Wizard101 Message Board ranks were revealed, I tried doing the same thing over here. I sifted through the Message Boards, compared post count and rank, and eventually compiled a list that I felt was probably close to the actual numbers. I'm not sure if it's 100% correct, but feel free to correct me if you see something wrong! Pssst ... One-Eyed Jack, feel free to chime in as well. ;)

What is rank? To the left of every post is a list of statistics about that particular poster. One of those stats is called "Rank." Ranks are earned when a user reaches a certain post count. Rank is not affected by the number of Yars someone has. See below to find out when each rank is earned.

Pirate101 Message Board Ranks:

Rank | Post Count
  • Ensign - 1
  • Petty Officer - 50
  • Lieutenant - 100
  • Gunner's Mate - 200
  • Bosun - 300
  • First Mate - 400
  • Captain - 500
  • Commodore - 750
  • Admiral - 1,000
  • Dread Pirate - 1,250
  • Pirate Overlord - 3,000

Hopefully this helps people out!

~Virtuous Vanessa

Once a super fan, now a KingsIsle QA Tester! I squash bugs.
~
_~ )_)_~
)_))_))_)
_!__!__!_
\______t/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
Vanessa Mythdust on Feb 1, 2017 wrote:
Around the time when the Wizard101 Message Board ranks were revealed, I tried doing the same thing over here. I sifted through the Message Boards, compared post count and rank, and eventually compiled a list that I felt was probably close to the actual numbers. I'm not sure if it's 100% correct, but feel free to correct me if you see something wrong! Pssst ... One-Eyed Jack, feel free to chime in as well. ;)

What is rank? To the left of every post is a list of statistics about that particular poster. One of those stats is called "Rank." Ranks are earned when a user reaches a certain post count. Rank is not affected by the number of Yars someone has. See below to find out when each rank is earned.

Rank | Post Count
  • Ensign - 1
  • Petty Officer - 50
  • Lieutenant - 100
  • Gunner's Mate - 200
  • Bosun - 300
  • First Mate - 400
  • Captain - 500
  • Commodore - 750
  • Admiral - 1,000
  • Dread Pirate - 1,250

~Virtuous Vanessa
Thanks for the information, I had originally thought that they go by 50s but I guess I grossly overestimated the number of ranks there actually are.

Petty Officer
Dec 20, 2012
Will any mod sticky this, just in case anyone needed advice for how message board ranking work?

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013

Rank | Post Count
  • Ensign - 1
  • Petty Officer - 50
  • Lieutenant - 100
  • Gunner's Mate - 200
  • Bosun - 300
  • First Mate - 400
  • Captain - 500
  • Commodore - 750
  • Admiral - 1,000
  • Dread Pirate - 1,250

~Virtuous Vanessa
Great idea, Qwerty78202, and this post has been "Stuck"! (In a good way. )

Thank you so much, Vanessa! I actually forgot that I Yarred this and thought it was a new Sticky Post! Thank you so much for the information. That totally helped me out. Now I know that my next Rank will be Gunner's Mate, and I'm coming up on it soon!

Ensign
Apr 22, 2017

Rank | Post Count
  • Ensign - 1
  • Petty Officer - 50
  • Lieutenant - 100
  • Gunner's Mate - 200
  • Bosun - 300
  • First Mate - 400
  • Captain - 500
  • Commodore - 750
  • Admiral - 1,000
  • Dread Pirate - 1,250

~Virtuous Vanessa
Thanks really helped.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Marleybone073 on Feb 2, 2017 wrote:
Thanks for the information, I had originally thought that they go by 50s but I guess I grossly overestimated the number of ranks there actually are.
You can always put it in your "Watched Topics" list for quick reference!

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
TigershowmanYT on Jul 18, 2017 wrote:
Thanks really helped.
Welcome to the Message Boards, TigershowmanYT!

Ensign
Apr 24, 2013
Petty Officer
Jul 10, 2011
Helpful Aurora Par... on Jun 12, 2017 wrote:
Great idea, Qwerty78202, and this post has been "Stuck"! (In a good way. )

Thank you so much, Vanessa! I actually forgot that I Yarred this and thought it was a new Sticky Post! Thank you so much for the information. That totally helped me out. Now I know that my next Rank will be Gunner's Mate, and I'm coming up on it soon!

Yup. I had no idea this was here and had to search it, and Vannesa even tipped us on that one! Thanks a lot!
#Stuck in a good way!

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013

Rank | Post Count
  • Ensign - 1
  • Petty Officer - 50
  • Lieutenant - 100
  • Gunner's Mate - 200
  • Bosun - 300
  • First Mate - 400
  • Captain - 500
  • Commodore - 750
  • Admiral - 1,000
  • Dread Pirate - 1,250

~Virtuous Vanessa
Hey, Vanessa. It says I need to have 1,250 posts to be a Dread Pirate, but I have 1,252. Is that information inaccurate?

Lieutenant
Jan 20, 2013
Helpful Aurora Par... on Aug 3, 2018 wrote:
Hey, Vanessa. It says I need to have 1,250 posts to be a Dread Pirate, but I have 1,252. Is that information inaccurate?
Hiya!

Let me double check with our new Community Manager. :)

Once a super fan, now a KingsIsle QA Tester! I squash bugs.
~
_~ )_)_~
)_))_))_)
_!__!__!_
\______t/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Petty Officer
Sep 15, 2018

Rank | Post Count
  • Ensign - 1
  • Petty Officer - 50
  • Lieutenant - 100
  • Gunner's Mate - 200
  • Bosun - 300
  • First Mate - 400
  • Captain - 500
  • Commodore - 750
  • Admiral - 1,000
  • Dread Pirate - 1,250

~Virtuous Vanessa
This is really helping ( not just knowing the rank but I'm also doing this to rank up).

Ensign
Oct 16, 2014
One day I'll work my way up to a Pirate Overlord... Right now I'm just like Ensign Emmett.

Ensign
Jan 06, 2013
Petty Officer
Nov 23, 2019
adam6001 on Jan 16, 2020 wrote:
why do you need to post to get ranks?
Because that's how it is. I don't actually know why though...

Lieutenant
Mar 28, 2009
adam6001 on Jan 16, 2020 wrote:
why do you need to post to get ranks?
The rank means nothing other than how many posts have been made in discussions here on the message boards. What other measure could they use to compare active posters from those who just stop by from time to time?