Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

150+ Farming Runs Support Group :D

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Oct 31, 2012
If anybody would like too team up for the tower of Moo let me know? Iam usually online at 4pm -6:30pm pacific time. Since I am going for the imperial boots we will be going all the way too the top floor. It's seems harder too find a team on the weekdays?

Ensign
Mar 02, 2013
Sensible Seamus on Jan 31, 2017 wrote:
If anybody would like too team up for the tower of Moo let me know? Iam usually online at 4pm -6:30pm pacific time. Since I am going for the imperial boots we will be going all the way too the top floor. It's seems harder too find a team on the weekdays?
Aye mate! I'd love to help out. I've done Moo Manchu multiple times, have the Pagoda Paragon badge too, I'm a level 70 Musketeer (Eager Sloan Neasmith) with an awesome team and oddly specific strategy. Almost soloed it once, actually. I think we'd make a great team if we could get another pirate on board. Hope to hear from you soon!

-Eager Sloan Neasmith
L70 Musketeer

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
anecorbie on Jan 19, 2017 wrote:
Thanks for the smile, Golden Guardian.
I did make a comment to a friend as I was farming Miranda for the ( thousandth time? ) that I would most probably die of shock if Blood's jacket dropped for me. He said "Please don't". After the battle ( with no results ) I told him my life was safe for another day!
Just keep a positive attitude.
I'd have to cry for an hour everyday for the rest of my life to mourn your death.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Golden Guardian on Jan 21, 2017 wrote:
There are 2 things that drain hope from me a lot in regards to farming:

1.) Meeting players who got a lot of my desired drops relatively quickly. I have met more and more players in my Kane runs who got the mask well before the nightmare badge whilst I have at least recieved the nightmare badge 3 times (150+ runs). Some have even recieved multiple masks.

2.) Close friends who I have farmed with 99% of the time getting the mask without me. Many of my pirate friends have done less than 100 runs of Kane and are mentally exhausted. Quite a bit of my friends have given up and just do the dungeon for fun. Many have said that when they get the mask they will stop Kane forever. My biggest fear is I will lose my farming group. Knowing my string of luck recently it is very likely they will get it without me and doing it with strangers won't yield the same effect since I have worked so long with my friends. It is almost as if Count Olaf has decided to bug me for some reason. They will probably shift their attention once again to moo and dreadnought or smugglers and I will be empty. The sad thing about this game is farming seems to be the main activity for level 70 pirates. I do help people and do let them visit my house although farming still takes up most of my time. Only one or 2 friends still help me and they have the mask already but it's not thier primary concern naturally.

So if anyone can help me overcome these worries in regards to farming that would be greatly appreciated. I will never ever feel angry or irritated at friends or pirates who have the mask, I am very happy they got such a rare drop so fast. That is a wrong and deadly thought and if you feel that try and overcome it. However nonetheless it is still a punch in my gut for all the time, effort and and gold payments to MoneyMugger Mitch I put in. Once again to any pirate who has done so many runs, I am there for you. I know the feeling. Fair sailing, and may our desired drops actually become drops.
People ask me how long it took to get everything I wear. I got the mask on my fourth Kane run. I have never gotten Faye's jacket or moo's boots from the tower though. I ran that hundreds of times.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I read your amazing news, Golden Guardian, about how Kane's Mask finally dropped for you ( see? proof that you don't need a lot of maxed out pirates to get that drop. )
In fact, all of the superstitious advice that those pirates in your team up kept giving you was absolutely BOGUS and that includes everything most myth believers are telling farming pirates.
I know many here don't like to hear this - but - drops are random, there's NOTHING you can do to manipulate the drops.
Just keep farming until you get it, & if it's stressing you - Take a Break!!!!!
In other news Captain Blood gave me another hat.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
anecorbie on Feb 2, 2017 wrote:
I read your amazing news, Golden Guardian, about how Kane's Mask finally dropped for you ( see? proof that you don't need a lot of maxed out pirates to get that drop. )
In fact, all of the superstitious advice that those pirates in your team up kept giving you was absolutely BOGUS and that includes everything most myth believers are telling farming pirates.
I know many here don't like to hear this - but - drops are random, there's NOTHING you can do to manipulate the drops.
Just keep farming until you get it, & if it's stressing you - Take a Break!!!!!
In other news Captain Blood gave me another hat.
He sure is stingy with that jacket. Does Moo even wear boots?

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Ensign
Dec 22, 2016
Golden Guardian on Jan 28, 2017 wrote:
Personally I think 2000 blood runs without getting the Jacket is over the top and ridiculous. I am advocating for a drop rate increase of perhaps 0.35% every 200 runs until a player reaches the my suggested max possible drop rate of 3% maybe even 4% FOR DROPS NOT already gotten. Keep in mind this is every 200 runs respect to blood- suggested increase for drop rates based on runs may differ by dungeon. For Kane it should be every 85 runs imo. Most people give up at 100 runs but for pirates who continue to what my friend has done (2000+ runs over the course of years), unfortunate luck just becomes beyond disrespectful to the effort the player has put in. He is at an extreme. Most players are bound to get the jacket in under 300 goes, but he has gone well past 2000. At this rate he will approach 3000 runs in the late part of the year. Is the jacket bound to drop before then? Well based on previous "luck", probably not. It is also very annoying for me to see a lot of players claiming "oh bloods Jacket is easy to drop everyone should have it" when they probably got it under 100 goes, whilst seeing my friend put far more effort and far more time into it over YEARS and getting nothing. Whilst he is inspirational, it isn't fair for him.

Let's be honest, hard work should at least have some input into drop rates. This is getting very annoying. 200 runs of blood is a lot and should be worthy for a drop rate increase. I myself am approaching 200 runs of Kane without the mask dropping and I have not met a single pirate now who has done more runs of Kane in a row without getting the mask. If you know someone who has done more please tell. If someone got it in 250 goes or so that will be motivation and support for me. Otherwise I hold a record for now.
It is beyond ridiculous, I myself gave up completely going for both bloods jacket and for moo Manchu boots as when you do them thousands of times and never get them its totally outrageous. The fix to this is to treat the best item drops as badges, that is to say if you do moo Manchu tower a certain amount of times you are guaranteed to get the boots at X number of runs if you haven't yet received them.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
spittingsea on Feb 4, 2017 wrote:
It is beyond ridiculous, I myself gave up completely going for both bloods jacket and for moo Manchu boots as when you do them thousands of times and never get them its totally outrageous. The fix to this is to treat the best item drops as badges, that is to say if you do moo Manchu tower a certain amount of times you are guaranteed to get the boots at X number of runs if you haven't yet received them.
Then that would treat that as a reward, not a drop. Players have the chance of getting those boots the first time fighting Moo, ( or from his SCC ) what if they don't have the time to do X number of runs?
Believe me, I understand everyone's frustration on this thread, but looking for guaranteed fixes, well, just ruins the "surprise" aspect of a drop.
I will experience more joy if Blood's jacket drops for me now, than I would have if it just dropped for me the first time ( or if I ran his dungeon x number of times, with a guarantee of getting it as a reward - this would make it like a chore. I remember unlocking Goronado and Eep Op Ork Ah Ah - that was very much a chore. )
In other news, I have another Reaver

P.S.: If you give up, you most certainly will never get those drops.

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
DuranteRamses87 on Feb 4, 2017 wrote:
He sure is stingy with that jacket. Does Moo even wear boots?

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
Pardon me boy, is that the cow that doesn't wear boots....

Petty Officer
Nov 06, 2014
You guys are persistent! I only did 20+ runs on the Miranda quest before I gave up the ghost on that one and I tip my hat off to every last one of you for not giving up. I might just start farming that dungeon again.

Lieutenant
Mar 23, 2012
anecorbie on Feb 4, 2017 wrote:
Then that would treat that as a reward, not a drop. Players have the chance of getting those boots the first time fighting Moo, ( or from his SCC ) what if they don't have the time to do X number of runs?
Believe me, I understand everyone's frustration on this thread, but looking for guaranteed fixes, well, just ruins the "surprise" aspect of a drop.
I will experience more joy if Blood's jacket drops for me now, than I would have if it just dropped for me the first time ( or if I ran his dungeon x number of times, with a guarantee of getting it as a reward - this would make it like a chore. I remember unlocking Goronado and Eep Op Ork Ah Ah - that was very much a chore. )
In other news, I have another Reaver

P.S.: If you give up, you most certainly will never get those drops.
"I remember unlocking Goronado and Eep Op Ork Ah Ah - That was very much a chore."

THE FEELS ARE REAL!
I feel that I need to impart some words of advice for those using high level pirates to find gear for lower level pirates:
MAKE SURE THAT THE ITEM YOU SEEK IS TRADEABLE!!!
I have been farming the Hydra with my Musketeer once a day for the past 3-4 weeks (1-2 hours a day is all the playtime I can squeeze in unfortunately ) for the Igneous Fangs for my Witchdoctor and I saw just now on the wiki page that it's classed as a nontradable item! (I know that the Voltaic Fangs exist, however I'd happily sacrifice 2 weapon power for 8 extra dodge on a witch any day of the week).
I feel that I've wasted more than a bit of my time and am saddened enough to feel that spilling my guts here is warranted.
So remember boys and girls:
PICK YOUR FARMING PIRATE WELL! WHAT YOU WANT MAY NOT WANT TO GO INTO YOUR SHARED BANK!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
King Crimson on Mar 2, 2017 wrote:
"I remember unlocking Goronado and Eep Op Ork Ah Ah - That was very much a chore."

THE FEELS ARE REAL!
I feel that I need to impart some words of advice for those using high level pirates to find gear for lower level pirates:
I have been farming the Hydra with my Musketeer once a day for the past 3-4 weeks (1-2 hours a day is all the playtime I can squeeze in unfortunately ) for the Igneous Fangs for my Witchdoctor and I saw just now on the wiki page that it's classed as a nontradable item! (I know that the Voltaic Fangs exist, however I'd happily sacrifice 2 weapon power for 8 extra dodge on a witch any day of the week).
I feel that I've wasted more than a bit of my time and am saddened enough to feel that spilling my guts here is warranted.
PICK YOUR FARMING PIRATE WELL! WHAT YOU WANT MAY NOT WANT TO GO INTO YOUR SHARED BANK!
Include the Black Rain Shades of Sato in that list of untradeable items.

Petty Officer
Nov 06, 2014
King Crimson on Mar 2, 2017 wrote:

THE FEELS ARE REAL!
That is so good to know. Thanks for the heads up, King Crimson.

Lieutenant
Jul 18, 2016
anecorbie on Mar 2, 2017 wrote:
Include the Black Rain Shades of Sato in that list of untradeable items.
Um, if I am not mistaken, the Black Rain Shades can be traded over via shared bank.

Petty Officer
Nov 06, 2014
I finally got Blood's Jacket on my three max toons...in the same week. Talk about extreme luck there, lol.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
My witchdoctor, Silver Isis has now completed 100 runs in the Tower of Moo and is now Master of Moo.
That means by this count; that I've done over 200 runs in the attempt to get those Imperial Boots of Moo Manchu.
Oh well, time for my Privateer to farm the Tower.