Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Cadiz? Maybe Blind Mew can answer.

AuthorMessage
Captain
Jan 17, 2012
Things left on the cutting room floor:

1) Cadiz. Two times in the storyline, once in Valencia I and once in Aquila, the city of Cadiz is mentioned as a bastion of the Armada. I felt sure that we would end up there. Only we didn't. I figure in shortening the story that ended up on the cutting room floor. What was supposed to happen there?

2) Weak Valencian Steel. Once in Cool Ranch and once in Marleybone we get the story of Valencian steel being weaker than Albion Steel. And here I thought we found the key to defeating Kane, because his steel was weaker than the steel we could get in Marleybone. Yet, that was dropped. Again, why?

3) The Map to El Dorado. Deux Ex Machina moment at the end. Kane never needed the map. Really? Seems to me originally the map should have been the key, the pieces we have could have gotten stolen at the last moment and we have to defeat Kane before he heads there. Was that too long of a story?

4) We met Catbeard, Clark, Egg Fu Yong, The Cyclopes, and apparently, we were going to meet the female bear, something the Red, although by the time I got there, that had apparently been redacted.

5) Bishop. We never discovered his fate. Were we supposed to meet him again and destroy him completely at some point? And if the toymaker created Kane, and that was why he was in the clock tower, why was Bishop totally ignorant of this, acting as if he had no idea who he was?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Some of your questions are answered in Blind Mew's post: "So About Book 15....( Spoilers )".
1. Cadiz is still out there. Maybe now that Queen is in charge we have to go there to deal with her.
2. I was also hoping that the weak steel would be the way we would defeat Kane; but since this was a side quest, I believe it was never intended to impact the main story line. It was there just to explain the destruction of the Zephyr.
3. After two pieces of the map and the discovery of the discs in the Aztecosaur ruins; Kane was able to figure out the way to El Dorado, remember he's a genius. See Blind Mew's post for an in depth detail of the scrapped, original quest line.
4. We may meet Erica the Red in the second arc; just because our parents said not to seek El Dorado, doesn't mean we'll listen to them.
5. Bishop knew where Gazpaccio was all the time, he was referring to him by a "code name" in his report. Though I do wonder if he did survive the battle in the Great Machine.