Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Bosun Budd

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Dec 26, 2013
This is a visual problem only so nothing major...
At Bosun Budd's advancement to level 70 he no longer shows up in the thumbnail on the Companion Management Screen. He appears OK if you use him in battle and he's very cool with his swirling green mist! Like I said, it doesn't effect gameplay, only the display.

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
TucsonWizard on Jul 26, 2016 wrote:
This is a visual problem only so nothing major...
At Bosun Budd's advancement to level 70 he no longer shows up in the thumbnail on the Companion Management Screen. He appears OK if you use him in battle and he's very cool with his swirling green mist! Like I said, it doesn't effect gameplay, only the display.
I was going to report that, thought it might be just me lol.

But his portrait doesnt appear in battle either for me. Neither on the grid or among your crew members at the bottom of the screen.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 26, 2013
Silver Angel on Jul 27, 2016 wrote:
I was going to report that, thought it might be just me lol.

But his portrait doesnt appear in battle either for me. Neither on the grid or among your crew members at the bottom of the screen.
To be honest, I never noticed whether he's there at the bottom during battle but he does show up in the actual battle and I think he's in the large picture on the companion management screen. Frankly, he's usually not fighting with me... he's not one of my main choices for the battle crew so I normally have him Plunderin' or Pet Wranglin'.

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
TucsonWizard on Jul 27, 2016 wrote:
To be honest, I never noticed whether he's there at the bottom during battle but he does show up in the actual battle and I think he's in the large picture on the companion management screen. Frankly, he's usually not fighting with me... he's not one of my main choices for the battle crew so I normally have him Plunderin' or Pet Wranglin'.
That's funny, he doesnt appear anywhere for me... well his portrait anyway. Maybe it's due to this old computer?

He's not a main choice either but I use him sometimes :)

Gunner's Mate
Dec 26, 2013
Silver Angel on Jul 28, 2016 wrote:
That's funny, he doesnt appear anywhere for me... well his portrait anyway. Maybe it's due to this old computer?

He's not a main choice either but I use him sometimes :)
OK, I checked him this morning and you are correct! He appears on the main battle screen but he's not on the lower portion that shows your lineup... there's only an open space where his pic should be. This also makes it not possible to click on him to select him for orders. I have to find him on the battle grid and click on him there.
So, my OP was incorrect, this is more than just a visual issue. It doesn't make the game unplayable but makes you re-think how you give commands in battle.
He's not a main choice for me either, I only use him as a novelty because he's so big and "gassy".

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
TucsonWizard on Jul 29, 2016 wrote:
OK, I checked him this morning and you are correct! He appears on the main battle screen but he's not on the lower portion that shows your lineup... there's only an open space where his pic should be. This also makes it not possible to click on him to select him for orders. I have to find him on the battle grid and click on him there.
So, my OP was incorrect, this is more than just a visual issue. It doesn't make the game unplayable but makes you re-think how you give commands in battle.
He's not a main choice for me either, I only use him as a novelty because he's so big and "gassy".
Yeah not being able to click him at the bottom of the screen bothers me :P But as you said you can simply click him on the board, I'm just used to click below...

He certainly looks cool with his promotion, I used him before that though, his powers intrigue me and I'm still looking for a way to use them effectively lol. He can also learn vengeance strike 3, which is always useful.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 26, 2013
Silver Angel on Jul 30, 2016 wrote:
Yeah not being able to click him at the bottom of the screen bothers me :P But as you said you can simply click him on the board, I'm just used to click below...

He certainly looks cool with his promotion, I used him before that though, his powers intrigue me and I'm still looking for a way to use them effectively lol. He can also learn vengeance strike 3, which is always useful.
Lol, I'm still trying to decide whether the Starfish thingie is useful. You're right though, he does look highly cool surrounded by his cloud of green mist.

Another funny thing about his appearance (or lack thereof)...
If you go into your item placement screen at your home, he shows up as a golden question mark on the thumbnails.

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
TucsonWizard on Aug 1, 2016 wrote:
Lol, I'm still trying to decide whether the Starfish thingie is useful. You're right though, he does look highly cool surrounded by his cloud of green mist.

Another funny thing about his appearance (or lack thereof)...
If you go into your item placement screen at your home, he shows up as a golden question mark on the thumbnails.
Lol yeah I noticed that question mark too :P

We're probably disgressing at this is no longer bug discussion, but regarding starfish... I do know one can walk over them but not stop on them... that means they can be used defensively.

The problem is getting them to explode at the right time at the right place I guess... maybe around AI that doesnt move much like musket or witches...

Gunner's Mate
Dec 26, 2013
Silver Angel on Aug 2, 2016 wrote:

We're probably disgressing at this is no longer bug discussion, but regarding starfish... I do know one can walk over them but not stop on them... that means they can be used defensively.

The problem is getting them to explode at the right time at the right place I guess... maybe around AI that doesnt move much like musket or witches...
I think I'm gonna take ol' Budd down to Devilfish Hollow and let him slug it out with some Sharks. That should give me plenty of opportunities to play around with the Starfish talent and get a real feel for the best way to use it. I've also noticed that enemies can walk right over it and as long as they don't stop it doesn't detonate.
And yes, we have digressed lol!

Gunner's Mate
Dec 26, 2013
Silver Angel on Aug 2, 2016 wrote:

OK, more digression lol...

After a follow-up trip to Devilfish Hollow and a few battles with the spiders using only my pirate and Bosun Budd I've come to the following conclusion...
Bosun Budd looks cool and all that but as far as being very useful in battle... not so much. I noticed that the starfish seem to be visible to the enemies and they tend to avoid them so I guess that could be useful as a tactic, but their "explosions" do a minimal amount of damage. When and if they explode! Sometimes they go off by themselves, I guess there is a timer of some sort on them. They are however, very affective at restoring Budd's health... to the tune of 800+ with Budd at lvl.70. It's too bad they can't be used to heal other members of the party.

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
TucsonWizard on Aug 8, 2016 wrote:
OK, more digression lol...

After a follow-up trip to Devilfish Hollow and a few battles with the spiders using only my pirate and Bosun Budd I've come to the following conclusion...
Bosun Budd looks cool and all that but as far as being very useful in battle... not so much. I noticed that the starfish seem to be visible to the enemies and they tend to avoid them so I guess that could be useful as a tactic, but their "explosions" do a minimal amount of damage. When and if they explode! Sometimes they go off by themselves, I guess there is a timer of some sort on them. They are however, very affective at restoring Budd's health... to the tune of 800+ with Budd at lvl.70. It's too bad they can't be used to heal other members of the party.
Yeah their timer seem to be random and individual...

I thought maybe since they're trap, maybe they're boosted by Old Scratch buffs, but havent tried yet...

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011