Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Old Scratch's buff should be reverted.

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 13, 2010
I would propose that Old Scratch keep "Mojo Flow", whereas Carcarius Grimtooth be given "Mojo Flow", "Mo Mojo Flow", and "Flow, Mojo, Flow!"

Lieutenant
Sep 21, 2014
DeathWiz101378 on Oct 11, 2015 wrote:
Old scratch just brings a whole other level of unbalance to the PvP world. We were complaining about witches and privateers not being equal to bucklers and buccaneers, and if this was the developers' answer, they've completely lost the plot!
Now, with old scratch and his ridiculous buffs, you have people using valor's armor and shielding 2,600 damage. That's like having two lives! Then there are the witchdoctors who summon level 105 skeletal pirate's and bone drakes. And we have the swashbucklers poisoning for 400 damage a round, without even going critical. If they went critical we would be dealing with a maximum of 650-700 damage! Topping that off, we have privateers who can cast a revive and heal 1k on the initial hit. Without even going critical.
Old scratch has demolished the stable pillars of our PvP community. He is not fixing anything, but doing the exact opposite, and tearing it apart.

Merciless Jean Percy, 65
Merciless Jack Ramsey, 65
Merciless Cass Spencer, 65
Merciless Quinn Quincy, 64
Eh, this could be countered I mean think of it. Find ways to make those units with those 3k absorbs useless. Every class has the power to make one class or another worse. Deal with everything, fight scratch with scratch, end of discussion.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
El Christo on Nov 7, 2015 wrote:
I would propose that Old Scratch keep "Mojo Flow", whereas Carcarius Grimtooth be given "Mojo Flow", "Mo Mojo Flow", and "Flow, Mojo, Flow!"
That would be OP, and other classes who have cross trained in WD deserve to have a spooky buff.

Lieutenant
Jul 23, 2013
Everyone has Old Scratch, so, his buff is basically on par with everyone's abilities. Kingsisle doesn't take "revert this because it's op" arguments lightly. The thought process never stops, and for a huge MMO company, pleasing everyone is impossible. I love Scratche's buff, it helps me devastate with bombs, and have a super effective valor's armor. Overall, that's just me.

Fair Sailing!!