Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Game/PVP Fixes?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 18, 2015
Below are just some ideas for the game and PVP:

1. Goronado's Gorilla Warfare: I feel like this power should act like Dance of Steel and trigger First Strike, Vengeance Strike, Relentless, and Blade Storm when used. This would be effective in bringing Buccs and Bucklers out of Hide along with giving Goro a chance to Relentless on the target.

2. Egg Shen/Zang Cha: These two start with First Strike, and it does not really make sense for them to not have FS3.

3. Larger Boards: Larger Boards prevent a Buccaneer from charging immediately and make Swashbucklers more careful in using Fog, as they cannot cross the board AND cast buffs before attacking.

Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010
Aquilus99 on Sep 7, 2015 wrote:

1. Goronado's Gorilla Warfare: I feel like this power should act like Dance of Steel and trigger First Strike, Vengeance Strike, Relentless, and Blade Storm when used. This would be effective in bringing Buccs and Bucklers out of Hide along with giving Goro a chance to Relentless on the target.

2. Egg Shen/Zang Cha: These two start with First Strike, and it does not really make sense for them to not have FS3.

3. Larger Boards: Larger Boards prevent a Buccaneer from charging immediately and make Swashbucklers more careful in using Fog, as they cannot cross the board AND cast buffs before attacking.
I kind of agree/disagree:
1. I don't think it should, firstly because that's a swashbuckler only move. 2ndly, Goronado is plenty strong of a companion as it is already. This is an odd reason, but i don't think he needs any more buffs. An AoE attack never triggers burst fire or relentless when a companion has it. (Bonnie's scatterblast, etc.)
2. I agree, though it is a swash move and they're buccaneers
3. If boards were larger, it would give privateers more time to stack shield buffs, muskets more time to spam bombs/traps, and would benifit witches too much as well. Personally, I think that it's perfect as it is.

Lieutenant
Oct 21, 2012
Aquilus99 on Sep 7, 2015 wrote:

My privy's egg is op enough with blade storm 3 relentless 3 not to mention rat bon egg combo lol if egg got more op people would complain too much, and besides first strike rank one is great as he won't vengeance a hidden assassin and get riposte chained. And i can't see myself using first strike rank three instead of relentless 3 blade 3 set up, blade one? :[ no strength based accuracy and relentless 3 is almost a must considering only strength buff other than gear based, that's available, is coils. And really Goronado is good enough atm, lol vicous charge for an any class available companion and really his no first strike aoe is actually really useful at times.

Ensign
Mar 18, 2015
DeathWiz101378 on Sep 8, 2015 wrote:
I kind of agree/disagree:
1. I don't think it should, firstly because that's a swashbuckler only move. 2ndly, Goronado is plenty strong of a companion as it is already. This is an odd reason, but i don't think he needs any more buffs. An AoE attack never triggers burst fire or relentless when a companion has it. (Bonnie's scatterblast, etc.)
2. I agree, though it is a swash move and they're buccaneers
3. If boards were larger, it would give privateers more time to stack shield buffs, muskets more time to spam bombs/traps, and would benifit witches too much as well. Personally, I think that it's perfect as it is.
1) Just a suggestion

3) But what you have here is an imbalance between the classes. If a Buccaneer High Land Charge's with Pete's Whale's Might the first turn, basically all of the companions can run over the following turn, giving the other team one turn to protect themselves. Due to the ability of Bucc companions to chain, there is a good chance that unless you are a Buckler with Fog, you are gonna lose some companions or your captain. Swashbuckler too can easily Fog, buff, and charge in this small board in five turns. A bigger board means Musketeers have more area to cover. Privateers and Witchdoctors are the poorer performing classes anyways. This is a great solution without "nerfing" any powers directly.

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2011
Aquilus99 on Sep 10, 2015 wrote:
1) Just a suggestion

3) But what you have here is an imbalance between the classes. If a Buccaneer High Land Charge's with Pete's Whale's Might the first turn, basically all of the companions can run over the following turn, giving the other team one turn to protect themselves. Due to the ability of Bucc companions to chain, there is a good chance that unless you are a Buckler with Fog, you are gonna lose some companions or your captain. Swashbuckler too can easily Fog, buff, and charge in this small board in five turns. A bigger board means Musketeers have more area to cover. Privateers and Witchdoctors are the poorer performing classes anyways. This is a great solution without "nerfing" any powers directly.
Yes, I agree, as it is now, the board favors buccaneers and swashbucklers too much, because buccaneers can charge in one turn even without highland charge, and swashbucklers can fog and attack with goro/nausica and sometimes even fan in the first turn depending on obstacle and companions positioning.

Making the board a little bit larger would give the classes that are weaker overall (witch, privateer) more of a chance without altering or nerfing other classes' powers.

Developer
stormy quentin ver... on Sep 10, 2015 wrote:
Yes, I agree, as it is now, the board favors buccaneers and swashbucklers too much, because buccaneers can charge in one turn even without highland charge, and swashbucklers can fog and attack with goro/nausica and sometimes even fan in the first turn depending on obstacle and companions positioning.

Making the board a little bit larger would give the classes that are weaker overall (witch, privateer) more of a chance without altering or nerfing other classes' powers.
Not to get into too fine detail here, but the battleboards are created within environments (requiring an environment artist) and those battleboards are then set up by a world designer.

Although I am not an artist nor a world designer, it is very important to me to see that the battleboards are brought back up to what I consider "regulation size" (that would be the old 12x17 format). There's only so much that I can do, but I can say that I am annoying Falmea about it as often as possible.

I wish it were as simple as me just opening up the arenas and moving the furniture around to make more fightin' room...

You know what would solve this problem?

Explosives.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Ratbeard on Sep 10, 2015 wrote:
Not to get into too fine detail here, but the battleboards are created within environments (requiring an environment artist) and those battleboards are then set up by a world designer.

Although I am not an artist nor a world designer, it is very important to me to see that the battleboards are brought back up to what I consider "regulation size" (that would be the old 12x17 format). There's only so much that I can do, but I can say that I am annoying Falmea about it as often as possible.

I wish it were as simple as me just opening up the arenas and moving the furniture around to make more fightin' room...

You know what would solve this problem?

Explosives.
"Blow it up, that's your answer to everything."

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
- "Explosives" --

Oh, Ratbeard, that's your answer to everything, isn't it!

Lieutenant
Aug 19, 2011
Anne Radcliffe on Sep 10, 2015 wrote:
- "Explosives" --

Oh, Ratbeard, that's your answer to everything, isn't it!
But it always works.