Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

NPC Ideas?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jun 09, 2013
Yackie Chan

This character would/could be based off of Jackie Chan (a famous actor, martial artist, etc.) himself or one of his film characters. Yackie Chan also could be a name randomized for a yak enemy NPC in the Sato dungeon or the name or a character in a Mooshu side quest.

Goose Lee (or Goose Li)

This character would/could be base off of Bruce Lee (also a famous actor and martial artist) himself or one of his film characters. Goose Lee/Li could also be a name randomized for a goose enemy NPC in the Sato dungeon or the name or a character in a Mooshu side quest.

Lieutenant
Jun 09, 2013
The Salamanderin

The name of this character is inspired by Mandarin, a Chinese dialect spoken mostly in northern and southwestern China.

The Salamanderin would be a Mooshu version of the Salamanders found in Cool Ranch. This group would be one of the groups which you will to encounter in a further Mooshu expansion (behind the gates found in Hamamitsu Skyway). There are already Mooshan Chickens. Why not Salamanders?

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
Salamanderin, definitely a great idea. I think it would be great if you couldn't understand what they were saying and your starting companion had to interpret.

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
Makio

You'd find Makio as an abandon white wolf in Darkmoor. She'll follow you, even in fights, for the whole world, though she won't be extremely powerful. Probably around level 50. When you leave the world, she disappears from your ship until you come back. During your travels in DM, you'll find an ancient artifact that Makio seems to really want for some reason. When it's time to leave DM because of storyline, it'll be revealed that she is, in fact, a goddess. The ancient artifact is actually her "celestial instrument" taken from her by a force not known to her(The Armada). When you give her the instrument back, it lightly levitates over her back and she gains certain markings on her body. If you beat her in a battle, she'll give you an eye patch with a sun on it that gives the following: +3 weapon power, +25 health, and a summon card, which allows you to summon her to any fight, like Old Scratch's, but more powerful. If you fail the first time, you get infinite tries, but she levels up with you. Note: this fight wouldn't be required to beat the game. She'd be very tough to beat, but that eye patch would be worth it.

Her name is an anagram of the Japanese word "Okami" meaning either "white wolf" or "great god" depending on the context.

I chose DM>MS despite her Japanese influence because she wanted to bring the sun to the dark realm, which would give her more influence from Amaterasu-ōmikami, the Sun Goddess.

Lieutenant
Jun 09, 2013
Armada Companions

No, no no. I know what you're thinking, "Jack, for crying out loud! We've already established that that will NEVER happen!" Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hold up. Please just let me explain.

I was thinking one day, "What if our companions turned 'evil'?"Better yet, what if there were Clockwork versions of them?

There'll probably be many more"distractions" before we actually encounter Kane (or plunge into a final battle with him). In lieu of this, why not have a Clockwork version of some of the main companions (Bonnie Anne, Ratbeard, Old Scratch, etc.) and maybe yourself (a smaller Clockwork with a humanoid shape)?

Here's how I would imagine it playing out:

Setting: A Clockwork Factory

Gracie Conrad: "Quickly! Let's hide in this room!"

Investigate the Boiler Room

El Toro: "Ah, and what might those things be?"

Ratbeard: "It looks like... us!"
Ratbeard: "Hey! I look pretty good!"

Bonnie Anne: "Be quiet, you git!"

Old Scratch: "An' dere be you, Captain, my Captain."

Presidio Companion: "And you don't look very happy, either!"

Starting Companion: "It's an ambush! Defend yourselves!"

Defeat Clockwork Doppelgangers

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
Ruthless Jack Jack... on Apr 13, 2015 wrote:
Armada Companions

No, no no. I know what you're thinking, "Jack, for crying out loud! We've already established that that will NEVER happen!" Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hold up. Please just let me explain.

I was thinking one day, "What if our companions turned 'evil'?"Better yet, what if there were Clockwork versions of them?

There'll probably be many more"distractions" before we actually encounter Kane (or plunge into a final battle with him). In lieu of this, why not have a Clockwork version of some of the main companions (Bonnie Anne, Ratbeard, Old Scratch, etc.) and maybe yourself (a smaller Clockwork with a humanoid shape)?

I love the idea. Few questions:
1.Would the clockworks be the level of your companions or would they all be like level 65 or whatever?
2. Would they have all their living counterpart's powers?

Ensign
Jun 20, 2013
Ruthless Jack Jack... on Apr 13, 2015 wrote:
Armada Companions

Not a bad idea....

Lieutenant
Jun 09, 2013
FireMorgan13 on Apr 13, 2015 wrote:
I love the idea. Few questions:
1.Would the clockworks be the level of your companions or would they all be like level 65 or whatever?
2. Would they have all their living counterpart's powers?
1.) I know that there are players who, both mistakenly or on purpose, do not level up or promote their companions. However, the Clockwork counterparts would probably be the max level (whatever it may be) despite the player's respective companion being under leveled or unpromoted. The Clockwork versions will have the same dimensions as their respective characters, but will wear Armada gear (masks and gold-trimmed, black attire with the symbol of the Armada: a gear).

2.) The counterparts would function like the Nefarious Five: they would include all of the companions powers (buffs and all) and more. For all those who like to make up new powers, go crazy on this one. Elaboration is most certainly invited.

I was quite surprised by the overwhelmingly positive response to this idea (hence all of the yarrs). Thank you Sir Dolan and Miss Esperanza for being with me since the beginning.

- Ruthless Jack Jackson Captain of the Crimson Pirates

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
Ruthless Jack Jack... on Apr 14, 2015 wrote:
1.) I know that there are players who, both mistakenly or on purpose, do not level up or promote their companions. However, the Clockwork counterparts would probably be the max level (whatever it may be) despite the player's respective companion being under leveled or unpromoted. The Clockwork versions will have the same dimensions as their respective characters, but will wear Armada gear (masks and gold-trimmed, black attire with the symbol of the Armada: a gear).

2.) The counterparts would function like the Nefarious Five: they would include all of the companions powers (buffs and all) and more. For all those who like to make up new powers, go crazy on this one. Elaboration is most certainly invited.

I was quite surprised by the overwhelmingly positive response to this idea (hence all of the yarrs). Thank you Sir Dolan and Miss Esperanza for being with me since the beginning.

- Ruthless Jack Jackson Captain of the Crimson Pirates
Np man. Don't short change yourself though; you had the great idea of starting this board. It never would've occurred to me to start a board like this. All these ideas are made possible because of you. Should KI decide to use any of our ideas, I'll be ecstatic.

This, however, is just the beginning. There are many more NPCs to add to our board. I'll do my best to stay active on this board until I run out of ideas(which will take a very very long time).

- Fearless Dolan Grant Commodore of Himself

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
D'Artaguin

This penguin fencer gives side quests in Polaris. He wants to join M. D'Treville's (or a pun on that name I can't think of one.) musketeers. To do this you have to "prove your worth" by doing fights with D'Artaguin as an ally.

I don't think I need to say where I got the idea...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Fearless Finnagan on Apr 15, 2015 wrote:
D'Artaguin

This penguin fencer gives side quests in Polaris. He wants to join M. D'Treville's (or a pun on that name I can't think of one.) musketeers. To do this you have to "prove your worth" by doing fights with D'Artaguin as an ally.

No, you don't, well done! "All for one and one for all!"

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
Fearless Finnagan on Apr 15, 2015 wrote:
D'Artaguin

Welcome to our board Finnagan! Love the idea you have there. It never occurred to me to take advantage of the Three Musketeers. Now, about how strong do you see D'Artaguin being? Under-leveled for the area or at about your level?

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
Carl Darfin

He'd be a Prawn(Shrimp) philosopher living in exile with the Toymaker because of his controversial theories. Some of the other Valencians don't like him either, however, due to the uprise of the Armada, most of the philosophers who disagreed with him are locked up or dead because of their beliefs. His ideas said that all creature came from one species that originated in El Dorado. People had no problem with his beliefs, until he said that the Unicorns used to be Sharks. That ticked off a lot of people, which is why we had never heard of him until we showed up at the Toymaker's place. He knows that if the Armada finds him, he'll be killed immediately.

His inspiration comes from the famous biologist Charles Darwin, the father of modern evolution. His theories were pretty debatable, even to this day. I'm sure you know the rest(thank you biology).

Lieutenant
Jun 09, 2013
During dinner one day, I started to think of Mel Gibson’s Braveheart. If you are unfamiliar with the film or just need a refresher, Mel Gibson portrays the character William Wallace who, historically, was a Scottish landowner who became one of the main leaders during the Wars of Scottish Independence. I upon thinking about this and its possible mergence with Pirate101 (that being a William-Wallace-like character being implemented into the game), I was disappointed that I had not previously taken advantage of such a character and simple wordplay. So without further adieu, meet:

William Clawace (William Pawace)
* His name could use a spelling change

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Ruthless Jack Jack... on Apr 22, 2015 wrote:
During dinner one day, I started to think of Mel Gibson’s Braveheart. If you are unfamiliar with the film or just need a refresher, Mel Gibson portrays the character William Wallace who, historically, was a Scottish landowner who became one of the main leaders during the Wars of Scottish Independence. I upon thinking about this and its possible mergence with Pirate101 (that being a William-Wallace-like character being implemented into the game), I was disappointed that I had not previously taken advantage of such a character and simple wordplay. So without further adieu, meet:

William Clawace (William Pawace)
* His name could use a spelling change
He would be a Fox, I believe?
"Scots wha ha' with Wallace bled...." begins singing popular Scottish folk song.

Lieutenant
Jun 09, 2013
I have noticed that there are several Polarian NPC ideas in this post and believe it high time for me to contribute to this ever growing list (of Polarian NPCs). So, meet:

Joan of Lark

Joan is inspired by the historical figure, Joan of Arc aka The Maid of Orléans. Joan of Arc was a French peasant girl turned soldier.With the belief that God had handpicked her to lead France to victory and the approval of Prince Charles of Valois, she was able to reclaim Orléans from the English and the Burgundians (French allies of the English). Sadly, she was later tried for witchcraft and was burned at the stake. Today, she is considered a heroine of France and a Roman Catholic saint.

Joan of Lark is a Polarian peasant girl who lead Polarian forces against the Marleybonians and the Brrrgundians (as in "Brrr! That's cold!") and reclaimed the city of Sardines.

As for her appearance, she would sport armor and chain mail just as the traditional depiction. Personally, I think she'd look much better as a Cool Ranchian Chicken (like Calamity Jane Canary) than a Polarian Penguin.

She would most likely be featured in a puppet show.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Ruthless Jack Jack... on Mar 26, 2015 wrote:
Yackie Chan

This character would/could be based off of Jackie Chan (a famous actor, martial artist, etc.) himself or one of his film characters. Yackie Chan also could be a name randomized for a yak enemy NPC in the Sato dungeon or the name or a character in a Mooshu side quest.

Goose Lee (or Goose Li)

This character would/could be base off of Bruce Lee (also a famous actor and martial artist) himself or one of his film characters. Goose Lee/Li could also be a name randomized for a goose enemy NPC in the Sato dungeon or the name or a character in a Mooshu side quest.
Nice ideas Jack! I had some very similar NPC ideas (actually mercenary crew member ideas in this thread) and I would love to see either one or both of those action packed NPC's added. Here's my other ideas from that same thread-- just follow the link to my other 'action hero' character ideas, with brief descriptions.

Here's the full list without the descriptions:

Quackie Chan- Swashbucklin' Ducklin'
Mole Gibson- Mole Privateer
William Skratner- Muskrat Musketeer
Antonio Bandeeras- Musketeer Deer
Arrnauld Slothenegger- Sloth Buccaneer
Steve McKing- Gorilla Witchdoctor
Sylvester Stallione- Clydesdale Buccaneer
Cluck Norris- Rooster Swashbuckler
Sean Canary- Canary Privateer
Keamoo Reeves- Cow Privateer
Jean Clawed Van Ham- Buccaneer Piglet
Goose Lee- Goose Swashbuckler
Wesley Stripes- Tiger Buccaneer (originally a Swash)
Rustled Crow- Crow Privateer
Jett Flea- Beagle Swashbuckler
Carl Feathers- Buccaneer Eagle
Brad Pit-viper- Viper Witchdoctor
Moose Willis- Musketeer Moose
Wolf Lund-grin- Wolf Witchdoctor
Clint Beastwood- Boar Buccaneer
Bearison Ford- Grizzly Bear Privateer

I'll see what others I can come up with.

Great thread and idea by the way, Jack-- same goes for you other posters and your ideas...I love it!

Lieutenant
Jun 09, 2013
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Apr 23, 2015 wrote:
Nice ideas Jack! I had some very similar NPC ideas (actually mercenary crew member ideas in this thread) and I would love to see either one or both of those action packed NPC's added. Here's my other ideas from that same thread-- just follow the link to my other 'action hero' character ideas, with brief descriptions.

Great thread and idea by the way, Jack-- same goes for you other posters and your ideas...I love it!
Aye! I remember this! Thanks for posting this and for the compliments!
I'll be eagerly awaiting more of your fantastic ideas.
- Jack

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Apr 23, 2015 wrote:

That was too funny, but I really must point out - a bit heavy on the male side; how about some heroines?
And, yes, I know the NPCs I've contributed ( except for one ) were male also.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
anecorbie on Apr 23, 2015 wrote:
That was too funny, but I really must point out - a bit heavy on the male side; how about some heroines?
And, yes, I know the NPCs I've contributed ( except for one ) were male also.
Why thank you. My sincerest apologies Milady and you are so very right! Those names were for a specific idea that I had in mind a while back and all fit the same theme...but I surely must not forget all those adventurous, tush kicking ladies out there.

I'll get to work and see who I can round up!

Lieutenant
Feb 14, 2014
Francesca De Santis and Francesco De Santis

The two most active activists, in the rebellion of the Armada, in Valencia. These two dueling unicorn twins are a force to be reckoned with. Francesca, trained in the silent and stealthy art of the assassin, while Francesco was trained in the art of the duelist, if you were to face these two in battle, you would be knocked out in less than ten seconds. Francesca would reside in Sivella while Francesco would reside in Granchia. Each of them would give you a series of quests that would lead up to some huge dungeon, and after that dungeon, all classes would get both of these guys as companions.

Catherine Reade- Lvl 65
Erica Reade- Lvl 27

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
TheHoodooQueen on Apr 25, 2015 wrote:
Francesca De Santis and Francesco De Santis

The two most active activists, in the rebellion of the Armada, in Valencia. These two dueling unicorn twins are a force to be reckoned with. Francesca, trained in the silent and stealthy art of the assassin, while Francesco was trained in the art of the duelist, if you were to face these two in battle, you would be knocked out in less than ten seconds. Francesca would reside in Sivella while Francesco would reside in Granchia. Each of them would give you a series of quests that would lead up to some huge dungeon, and after that dungeon, all classes would get both of these guys as companions.

Catherine Reade- Lvl 65
Erica Reade- Lvl 27
Bienvenido to our board! Twins fighting the Armada in different areas... Very nice! That large dungeon sounds great! So, would they both be swashbucklers or would Francesca be a swashbuckler and Francesco be a Buccaneer?

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
FireMorgan13 on Apr 18, 2015 wrote:
Carl Darfin

He'd be a Prawn(Shrimp) philosopher living in exile with the Toymaker because of his controversial theories. Some of the other Valencians don't like him either, however, due to the uprise of the Armada, most of the philosophers who disagreed with him are locked up or dead because of their beliefs. His ideas said that all creature came from one species that originated in El Dorado. People had no problem with his beliefs, until he said that the Unicorns used to be Sharks. That ticked off a lot of people, which is why we had never heard of him until we showed up at the Toymaker's place. He knows that if the Armada finds him, he'll be killed immediately.

His inspiration comes from the famous biologist Charles Darwin, the father of modern evolution. His theories were pretty debatable, even to this day. I'm sure you know the rest(thank you biology).
how about unicorns used to be narwhales? and its most insulting because by then we also have them as mounts....

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
FireMorgan13 on Mar 17, 2015 wrote:
Thanks for your feedback. I've got another idea:

El Torito

Maybe this could be a part of El Toro's promotion quest, or maybe main story. I feel both would work. So anyways, the gist of it is, a little bull watches one of your fights where El Toro fought(so it would be mandatory that he fights in that fight) and is amazed. He then talks to El Toro and asks if he can be trained. From there until a certain point, he'll follow El Toro in every fight. He'd have a weak sword and riposte. He'd be about level 12 but would have threat reduce of about 85% so enemies aren't as likely to attack him. Every so often, an attack directed at El Torito would be redirected at El Toro, like in Gallant Defense. Eventually, he goes to Cool Ranch to finish training with the ghost of El Toro's old mentor. Once he's gone, El Toro would then have the ability to use Gallant Defense, or gain the ability in his promotion.

This idea isn't as good as Joan, and I would like improvements and/or feedback if you can give me some.

Note: El Torito would be an ally, so you'd have absolutely NO control over what he does.
really love this idea and the starter thread involving this one.... however i saw it more like a little buffalo...maybe the sacred white buffalo? also orphaned but to friar cluck's church because he has natural spooky and can heal also might even have a version of rainbow blessing only called sacred blessing?? el torito is his disguised or alter (XD altar/church boy lol sorry ) name so his irl name should describe him differently anyway

his back story could follow from a dream from one of the buffalo elders dreams in which a female goddess brings him to the tribes as a sacred blessing of peace and prosperity in the sight of massive changes...prophecy then indicates he will be a great warrior and reunite all the various peoples of cool ranch...love the name of el torito and the idea jack mentioned of fan mail etc is cute too :) would fit because he is also technically a kind of bull and yet is little with a great spirit(no pun intended that time XD lol) also he should fulfill toro puppet show prophecy part of "how can you hit what you cannot see?' therefore he gets at least walk in shadows...

(everytime i go to cool ranch i get hungry :/)

i have more that goes with this but for now i just gonna ross it out there for comments? would a white bison bull be an ok future el torito??

stormy jen

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
Ruthless Jack Jack... on Apr 23, 2015 wrote:
I have noticed that there are several Polarian NPC ideas in this post and believe it high time for me to contribute to this ever growing list (of Polarian NPCs). So, meet:

Joan of Lark

Joan is inspired by the historical figure, Joan of Arc aka The Maid of Orléans. Joan of Arc was a French peasant girl turned soldier.With the belief that God had handpicked her to lead France to victory and the approval of Prince Charles of Valois, she was able to reclaim Orléans from the English and the Burgundians (French allies of the English). Sadly, she was later tried for witchcraft and was burned at the stake. Today, she is considered a heroine of France and a Roman Catholic saint.

Joan of Lark is a Polarian peasant girl who lead Polarian forces against the Marleybonians and the Brrrgundians (as in "Brrr! That's cold!") and reclaimed the city of Sardines.

As for her appearance, she would sport armor and chain mail just as the traditional depiction. Personally, I think she'd look much better as a Cool Ranchian Chicken (like Calamity Jane Canary) than a Polarian Penguin.

She would most likely be featured in a puppet show.
this idea....though i think she should be a ptarmigan they change colors ans easily adapt between summer and winter weather.... love for someone more creative than i to pick up on this one and expound upon it...
even raised amoung the residents of Lark...mostly larks...