Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What was your least favorite dungeon and why?

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Feb 27, 2009
What wad your least favorite dungeon in Pirate101 and why? For me, it was the General Tso dungeon, the last battle was too hard for me, and I had to call in two lvl 50s (max at time) who are kinda MLG Pros (people who treat gaming as serious business and not for fun) to help me finish the final boss. I'd like to hear what your struggles were in dungeons, please comment below!

Quentin Davenport, lvl 62

Lieutenant
Jun 23, 2012
I think my least favorite dungeon was Troy because the first time I 'completed' it, I only had to talk to someone to finish it, but Mom logged me off accidentally, so I had to start it again and do it all over. Not my best moment there.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
STORMZILLA!!!!! before the change in it. Back in the old days your companions couldn't help you and if you were defeated, you were sent to Sujimura's life fountain where you healed, then trudged back to where the Stupendor-X robot armor was to try again! No life fountain in the Valley of the Titans in those days and no recall marks! Gosh I must have done that dungeon a dozen times, before I FINALLY beat Stormzilla!

Petty Officer
Feb 27, 2009
anecorbie on Dec 21, 2014 wrote:
STORMZILLA!!!!! before the change in it. Back in the old days your companions couldn't help you and if you were defeated, you were sent to Sujimura's life fountain where you healed, then trudged back to where the Stupendor-X robot armor was to try again! No life fountain in the Valley of the Titans in those days and no recall marks! Gosh I must have done that dungeon a dozen times, before I FINALLY beat Stormzilla!
I'd forgotten about that one. That was hard, I did it before the change too. I wrote down how many times I tired it. I forgot a few times since I was so frustrated, so it's roughly 70 times. I feel the pain.

Quentin Davenport, lvl 62

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Yeah, I remember those dark days. That was back when Stormzilla was actually super hard to beat, and I had to fight him about half a dozen times before I FINALLY killed him. He is still hard, but now, thanks to companions, he is a bit easier.

1: My hardest fight was THE HYDRA, as I SOLOED it. Nearly an hour-long fight before I FINALLY killed that nefarious Ebon Head.

2: General Tso was indeed hard, and I had to ask a friend for help to take him down. That darned chicken.......ever since then, I have taken MUCH pleasure in dispatching General Tso and his Chicken with great force.

3. Rooke was amazingly hard, since I am a Musketeer. I had taken him out the first time, and then.....during the final battle......my laptop overheated and shut itself off, forcing me to redo the ENTIRE dungeon. Now, that fight is actually much harder, since the Dragoons can now bomb you with The Big Guns.

4. ALL OF MIRANDA. Nowadays, it's only FOUR measly fights. Now there's no challenge at all. To our newer players: Back in the day......that dungeon took two hours to do, and there were tons of fights. Back at the beginning of the game, you had to throw an afternoon at that dungeon to take it out. When it was made easier, we lost a few really good bosses that provided a fun fight......and the only real threats now are Bosun Budd and Captain Blood.

(FINAL) 5: TROY. The whole thing, from the entering of the Trojan Mouse to the defeat of Hykssoss, all of this dual dungeon is hard. Facing off against powerful enemies like Mari the Ophidian Archer, Pariss the Firebrand, and finally Hykssoss make this dungeon memorable.....and SUPER HARD. However, the loot drops are WORTH IT. The Prince of Illios' Quiver (Grants Burst Fire, +10 Accuracy, and +7 Weapon Power), the Eyes of the Cobra (Grants First Strike, +6 Magic Resist, and +76 Maximum Health), the Black Snake Quiver (Grants Return Fire, +8 Accuracy, and +6 Weapon Power), and the most coveted drop in the dungeon......Hykssoss's Falchion (Grants Hold the Line 1). Along with that, you have smaller, unique, more trophy-like drops like the Ophidian Spine Crest, the Collar of Hyssarik, and the Adder's Fangs.

Lieutenant
Jun 23, 2012
Oh yeah. I forgot about that. Still didn't cause me as much pain as Troy though. I kind of cheated by looking at the walkthroughs though. I got it on the second try, thankfully. Not doing that again on my Swashie. Not looking forward to it on the others, although at least it's been nerfed slightly.

Captain
May 16, 2011
Tell me about it. I think it took me just over a week to defeat Stormzilla. By then, I had been going online for help, and I found a strategy to take out every egg, then take the fight straight to the monster.

This quote pretty much spells out my thoughts at the time:

"I know you probably can't help being hideous, but I can't help being tired of looking at you." - Commander Levi (Attack on Titan)

~ Thunder

Gunner's Mate
May 13, 2009
Wow. It seems like everyone hated stormzilla before the changes. If it makes you all feel better, I beat stormzilla twice on two pirates before the changes were put in. I thought it was too easy, since I had a good amount of health left both times! Well, maybe you were all unlucky.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Hmmm. I've actually liked them all, but I think my least favorite dungeon had been Miranda, but only because of its length. It was actually a very well thought-out and poignant story, just facing the difficulty of time. Of course, now I'm merrily doing the Tower of Moo Manchu every time I get a chance (not that often, 'tis true, but a real treat when I have the time to do so) and that is lengthy, but it is such a blast, and as a side adventure, you aren't required to pass through it before going on.

I had pulled my hair (well, figuratively) over the old, old Stormzilla fight, but I really enjoyed it all the same. It was such a whimsical battle (and still is). Back then you had to remember where the bugs were and strategize for all you were worth -- but that is no terrible thing. And yep, it took me 12 times to win, and although luck played a role, even so I felt very pleased with myself for that one.

So, yes, I really enjoyed the General Tso fight too - even though I don't believe any of my characters won the very first time they encountered the wicked general. The globe of invulnerability around the powerful enemy and the conditions to 'break through' the guards to achieve the goal made it a very interesting fight. I love fights that have different conditions and make you think a bit... like the hydra battle, which is perhaps my favorite battle to repeat in Aquila (shorter than Troy, though Troy has the quality of being of stun-worthy beauty). And while I enjoy battles that 'mix things up', another thing admirable about Pirate101 is that these conditions are very clearly laid out. In Wizard101, though I generally enjoyed the boss fights, sometimes the conditions could be confusing.

Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
oh, for me it has got to be the final battle of Cool Ranch. In order to avoid spoilers, I will simply say this: I did it before the caltrops were fixed, and it took me a lot of time to realize that the cannons were useless (at the time). As a Swash, the sheer number of troops, not to mention the overwhelming musketeer presence, simply spelled doom for me over and over. In the end, I had to play super-passive with hides and strike out at the boss. so many units attacking me I was almost dead by the time I got him (on my fourth try). Of course, I had been neglecting side quests and companion promotions, so I deserved it.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
Don't forget the mother of all dungeon Moo Manchu tower, that is the most challenging tower to date. I tired soloing for a whole weekend and failed every time. This really grind my gears, no pun intended for any clockworks out there.That is one tedious dungeon if soloing and nearly half of the companion at bed rest.

Dusty Arryo back in the olden days, when Cool Ranch was a very tough place to be and took hours to finish one quest.That's right my Buccaneer have to chase that horse nearly a dozen time before cornering it. That was one tough horse he was prior to the update.

Ensign
May 03, 2010
Personally, I love dungeons that are extraordinarily difficult- as long as the rewards are worthy. The Tower of Moo Manchu is punishing- but even if I can't solo the Nefarious 5, I can still do everything else and reap some pretty nice rewards. Troy is long and insanely punishing, but the loot drops in a solo-able dungeon are GREAT. Miranda has a fabulous story, and the Stormzilla actually wasn't too tough for me. The one fight that I can almost NEVER solo (took me nearly 23 attempts on my main, and I just got a family member to help on my second character) is the Hydra. And, to make matters worse, each time that bloated body of heads falls into the water, I get about 25 gold. 25! That frustrates me, and give me no motivation to go back and try and pummel that beast again.