Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Training new pets

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not sure if this has been asked before but how do you know what's the important stats to train the lvl 1 pets? They all start out the same and I'm confused about how to figure out the most important stat to train. Can anyone help?

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
I don't think that there is a particular statistic that should be trained before another statistic. What I do is train all statistics except Health so they are about even on the percentage Statistic Display. Always I fill up the 3 main statistics (Strength, Agility, and Will) before I am able to fill up Health. When feeding Pets, make sure that you only feed them Snacks that they Love or Like (Love before Like if you can). This is the only way to increase their Power Level (Snacks that they Love give 2 additional Power Points and Likes give 1). There are some snacks that have a Power Level Increase but these are the more expensive Snacks that you can get through the Mega Snack Pack. There is a great tutorial on Duelist101 about how to level up your Pets and a comprehensive Pet Encyclopedia on Pirate101 Central - First Generation Pets or HyBrid Pets. If you are trying to last long in the Pet Arena, Health, Power, Guts, Guile, and Grit are very important!

Petty Officer
Jan 13, 2009
How do you determine what snacks the pets Love or Like? I couldn't find any clues anywhere.

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
There are pirates out there that have made little cheat sheets for it, but really the best way to tell what you pet likes to eat is try feeding it one of everything. It will surely tell you what it likes and loves after you feed it.

Now personally I like to feed my pets El Doritos but they are not the easiest thing to come by.

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
Grintch on Nov 4, 2014 wrote:
How do you determine what snacks the pets Love or Like? I couldn't find any clues anywhere.
At first, we just tried different thing and remembered the results. But soon we noted the trends and shared our theories about them in various posts in these fansites. Our own Valkoor The Victorious (VtV) posted this thread on Central. It' one of the best snack references around. Thank you, VtV!

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
Grintch on Nov 4, 2014 wrote:
Go to my post above and click on the link for First Generation Pets or Hybrid Pets, select the Pet you are interested in, and read all that people have been willing to share about it. That will tell you the types of snacks that the Pet Likes or Loves. If you need further information, I believe there is a snack section which will give you specific snacks based on the World the snack comes from and the type of snack it is.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Row4n412 on Nov 4, 2014 wrote:
At first, we just tried different thing and remembered the results. But soon we noted the trends and shared our theories about them in various posts in these fansites. Our own Valkoor The Victorious (VtV) posted this thread on Central. It' one of the best snack references around. Thank you, VtV!
You are more than welcome Charles!

And thank you for all of your contributions to the Snack Cheat Sheet, I greatly appreciate it, as well as all the help from other players out there. I will be adding to it really soon with a few new pets'/hybrids' Like/Love results. And I also saw that you posted a new pet as well, so thank you for that too!

That Cheat Sheet is a culmination of a lot of great players working together to share the mass of info and data regarding Pets and Snacks and Like/Love results.

Imagine that, pirates working together to help each other out......now that's a great Community tharrr-- Ol' Davy Jones would roll over in his Locker, if he caught current of such friendly and sharing pirates!

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Decius Duelmaster on Nov 4, 2014 wrote:
There are pirates out there that have made little cheat sheets for it, but really the best way to tell what you pet likes to eat is try feeding it one of everything. It will surely tell you what it likes and loves after you feed it.

Now personally I like to feed my pets El Doritos but they are not the easiest thing to come by.
Ah yes, El Doritos! They are LOVED by the Bullrog!

Petty Officer
Jan 13, 2009
Row4n412 on Nov 4, 2014 wrote:
Thanks so much, you all are great!