Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Ok now it is really starting to bother me!!

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Mar 07, 2009
Ok so when your pirate or your companions power themselves up during a fight and you now get those symbols floating up around you I cant stand it!! So far the updates and the pet updates are really good. All these floaty symbols and words being used makes it so...fluffy during battle And please...maybe think about ship upgrades I know it would be worth it. Like I have said before in past posts. You still need gold coins to purchase a ship in a new world if that is what you want to do. Or use coins to upgrade your ship so it can compete with other ships in the new world. I dont understand why this is not a good thing. I dont want two or three ships...I just want one that goes with my pirate. Input and opinions are good..thanks KI!!

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
I love almost all of the updates -thanks K.I.

But I agree with Nitewalker concerning the little floaty "you've been buffed" thingies; I confess I find them aesthetically unattractive - although I can see that some people might find them useful. I am curious what others think.

Incidentally, this issue for me is a very very minor one.

-Indigo

Petty Officer
May 30, 2013
The weird floaty things are okay....

You just have to get used to them.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Indigo Ring on May 27, 2014 wrote:
I love almost all of the updates -thanks K.I.

But I agree with Nitewalker concerning the little floaty "you've been buffed" thingies; I confess I find them aesthetically unattractive - although I can see that some people might find them useful. I am curious what others think.

Incidentally, this issue for me is a very very minor one.

-Indigo
I am not a fan of them either. Valkoor coined the perfect phrase for them. They are annoying little photobombing icons that just love to mess up an otherwise perfect action screenshot.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
I like them (the floating symbols) because they show which of my characters (Pirates and Companions) are buffed up and with what. More important, they also show when those characters are no longer buffed up without having to mouse over the character.

Lieutenant
Jun 16, 2009
I like the floating symbols. I think they're cute, clever, and useful in telling you what is going on in the battle that you couldn't see before. I think they add to combat, not detract from it.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I don't mind the floaties, but I can see how they can be annoying. I believe someone has suggested that their be an option to turn off the buff icons as an option.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
anecorbie on May 29, 2014 wrote:
I don't mind the floaties, but I can see how they can be annoying. I believe someone has suggested that their be an option to turn off the buff icons as an option.
Being able to toggle them on/off would be a great idea. Everyone would get the option they like the best. I surely would have mine turned off, just because I am an avid screenshot-er and I can always mouse over any combatant in battle to see what buffs/debuffs are active in any given round. But it would be great to have them on for those that do like to see them, so that they get that visual reminder without having to do anything extra to see the buffs/debuffs.

An ON/OFF option would be very welcomed!

Lieutenant
Aug 09, 2013
I don't mind the little floating buffs. Infact, it's quite useful! It tells me what buffs I already gave my companions during a fight!

Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
I'm afraid these whosits rank right up there with cartoon-y words telling me its a epic hit - rather than let the animations and point values do the talking like it was before a couple of updates ago.