Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Persistent Buccaneer

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 19, 2013
I was in the spar chamber where a Buccaneer asked to battle. I said yes and then the first round I beat him. He said one more then the next round I beat him again. Just when I was about to leave he asked me to battle one more time. I was almost dead and it was mid battle then he said I just let you win then I said oh really then his Hawkules missed me then I riposte then it was a epic then his hawkules was down then I used assasins strike on his zeena and beat her then lastly he was in the red in health then I used bonnie to shoot him then she did a epic then burst fire and burst fire again then he lost. When I told him good game he left. Im not the PvP type but people sure take it to serious, am I right?

Lieutenant
Jan 19, 2014
He was definitely frustrated after losing to you two times in a row. I don't know if he threw the match to get it over with or caught his mistake a little too late but in the end, losing another match left a sour taste in his mouth.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 27, 2009
Bloody Wolf Ashbur... on Mar 25, 2014 wrote:
I was in the spar chamber where a Buccaneer asked to battle. I said yes and then the first round I beat him. He said one more then the next round I beat him again. Just when I was about to leave he asked me to battle one more time. I was almost dead and it was mid battle then he said I just let you win then I said oh really then his Hawkules missed me then I riposte then it was a epic then his hawkules was down then I used assasins strike on his zeena and beat her then lastly he was in the red in health then I used bonnie to shoot him then she did a epic then burst fire and burst fire again then he lost. When I told him good game he left. Im not the PvP type but people sure take it to serious, am I right?
I totally agree with you man, I have a max MK/SB/PT...I get constantly asked by people to pvp but I just ignore it. Im not one who dabbles in PvP just to see whose better than who, I prefer helping other pirates who are stuck. So if anyone asks me to PvP, I simply ignore them, if their persistant, I just switch realms :)

Gunner's Mate
Jun 27, 2013
I don't do that and whenever I defeat someone, they always say good game. Maybe he was just a bad sport.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Bloody Wolf Ashbur... on Mar 25, 2014 wrote:
That would have been indeed fun to see. Sounds like you handled it very sportsman like and oh so graciously. I hope you indeed taught that bucc a lesson in bragging and no matter how bad you think you are, the game can mix things up in an instant. Well done.

Ensign
Aug 19, 2013
I only battled because he asked about ten times and the person i was helping was offline so i finally i agreed and then he said my bonnie sucked and that it was a horrible companion and she turned out to be my best and i honestly just help others,not pvp but i guessed i would give him a try by the way im a swashbuckler so i dodged a lot in the battle but do you have stories of people taking it to far in PvP?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Bloody Wolf Ashbur... on Mar 26, 2014 wrote:
I only battled because he asked about ten times and the person i was helping was offline so i finally i agreed and then he said my bonnie sucked and that it was a horrible companion and she turned out to be my best and i honestly just help others,not pvp but i guessed i would give him a try by the way im a swashbuckler so i dodged a lot in the battle but do you have stories of people taking it to far in PvP?
Taking it too far in pvp? Yes, lots of stories about nasty bragging poor sports. But also some good stories about funny, kind and complimentary players. I almost always ask those to be friends. A good attitude makes or breaks a pvp session. Besides its a good place to try out new gear/powers.

Captain
May 13, 2011
sounds like he was very frustrated since he was so close to winning, but suddenly lost. i play mario kart a lot so i know that feeling (i bet my dad does too)

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
Well just know that not all buccaneers are like that.... I hope. I don't do that infact I don't pvp. I to prefer helping and questing in my free time. Never really had time to pvp. But man sounds like he's just a jerk. And nice job on showing him in his place, and being a good sport to.

-Jack nightgale lvl 65 buccaneer (and one of the worst pvprs you'll ever see)

Ensign
Oct 28, 2012
I get what you mean, and a lot of others do as well, either the fellow was trying to be a 10 minute rival with you and wanted to keep trying, which is entirely respectable unless the person being asked (you) says no, then it's just ridiculous. if you haven't added him and you want to not hurt his feelings saying no, here's a sneaky trick: Say let me go heal and when you go outside switch realms, he'll simply assume you went ofline Another is saying "I gtg bye" and switching realms, also if he is not your friend. Kind of crude but it's playing it a little more safe. I myself, being a max swashbuckler and constanty being asked to pvp, i'm a good sport and say sure and that's it, i'm moreover a pvp participant than a pvp seeker, I only pvp when i'm bored and I can't help somebody.

Skinny Duncan Roland
Endgamer