Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Low Level Pirates Porting Into High Level Worlds

AuthorMessage
First Mate
May 01, 2012
Somehow, a level 15 Pirate (who was a Friend) was able to teleport (without asking) into a fight I was having in Marleybone (he/she did this twice!). Of course, more enemies were added and, since he/she was killed fairly quickly, I had a much harder time defeating them. I don't think that Pirates of such a low level should be allowed to teleport into a battle where they will be killed almost immediately. I think the Pirate's level must be compared with a minimum level for the world he/she is teleporting to (ie Marleybone – 48) and, if he/she does not meet the requirements, he/she should not be allowed to teleport. I occasionally see the message “Pirate tried to join you but does not have access to this area yet.” and I think in cases like this it should definitely apply!

Captain
May 13, 2011
well they say "curiosity killed that cat". a limit could be a good option. sure, they are just curious, but it could hurt the other guy. think about it like a lab. some new and inexperienced scientist starts mixing chemicals without approval then the whole lab blows up. it ruins everything, but the inexperienced person didnt mean to

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
SlightlyMadWizard on Jan 31, 2014 wrote:
Somehow, a level 15 Pirate (who was a Friend) was able to teleport (without asking) into a fight I was having in Marleybone (he/she did this twice!). Of course, more enemies were added and, since he/she was killed fairly quickly, I had a much harder time defeating them. I don't think that Pirates of such a low level should be allowed to teleport into a battle where they will be killed almost immediately. I think the Pirate's level must be compared with a minimum level for the world he/she is teleporting to (ie Marleybone – 48) and, if he/she does not meet the requirements, he/she should not be allowed to teleport. I occasionally see the message “Pirate tried to join you but does not have access to this area yet.” and I think in cases like this it should definitely apply!
One option that can help prevent this from happening is by changing your in game Privacy Options. To do this go to the Options (gear) Tab at the top of the page. When the game options tab comes up, select the one that resembles a key- Privacy Options. Under this tab you can toggle on/off whether you wish to receive friend teleports. You can also toggle whether you want to receive new friend requests, group invites and whether you home is limited to friends or if any and all pirates out there have access to your home.

With the Receive Friend Teleports set to off, none of your friends can teleport to you. They still know that you are logged on/playing and can view you on their Friend's List, so they can still send you a text or menu chat asking if they can teleport to you or you can ask them if they want to teleport to you. So, the friends that you do want to teleport can, by you switching the Receive Friend Teleport option to Allow. Once they teleport to you, you can switch it back to Block to prevent unwanted and unasked teleports from occurring.

This may seem like a pain for some of your good friends that you actually want to teleport to you, but it only takes a chat from them (or you) to let you know that they want to teleport to you and within mere seconds you can toggle the Receive Friend Teleports option on and then back off. It will prevent the even bigger pain of what happened to you in your post from happening again. This is one way you can be in control of which friends you want to allow to teleport to you and which ones you wish to block.

Hope this helps!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
SlightlyMadWizard on Jan 31, 2014 wrote:
I really like this. I truly hope that there is a way to filter this. And possibly filter it the other way around. At first this may sound silly but please hear me out. To filter out a high level from teleporting unexpectedly into a low level's fight. Now I totally understand if you are just grinding through and want to level up your low level as quickly as possible then you would be delighted to have a high level pop in and help you clear the board in two rounds. The problem is there are some of us players that really enjoy playing the game as it was designed to be played and really enjoy the challenge of being stretched by the fight and testing yourself to see how you measure up to said boss. It is really disappointing for me when someone pops in and just decimates the baddies effortlessly. I then don't have a chance to see how my strategy would have worked against a tough boss. As I am really strong in the blessing department I have a really hard time trying to figure out a way to ask a person with a heart of gold and their only intention is to help me out, and I need to try to figure out how to ask them to not help out so much. If they were prevented from just popping in then they would ask me and I could gently say, "Oh no thank you, your offer is just sweet but I have this well in hand though I am honored you asked me."

Now if I want to farm a boss for a delectable and very rare drop, then I am thoroughly thrilled when a high level person shows up to speed up the process of grinding through the same fight over and over. Having a high buddy then is totally a plus.
It's just that if the game filtered them out of just showing up unannounced, then I wouldn't be put in the position of being potentially rude to someone who is trying to be nice and doesn't realize that I am trying to be stretched on purpose.
Does this make any sense to someone other than me

Lieutenant
Dec 15, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jan 31, 2014 wrote:
I really like this. I truly hope that there is a way to filter this. And possibly filter it the other way around. At first this may sound silly but please hear me out. To filter out a high level from teleporting unexpectedly into a low level's fight. Now I totally understand if you are just grinding through and want to level up your low level as quickly as possible then you would be delighted to have a high level pop in and help you clear the board in two rounds. The problem is there are some of us players that really enjoy playing the game as it was designed to be played and really enjoy the challenge of being stretched by the fight and testing yourself to see how you measure up to said boss. It is really disappointing for me when someone pops in and just decimates the baddies effortlessly. I then don't have a chance to see how my strategy would have worked against a tough boss. As I am really strong in the blessing department I have a really hard time trying to figure out a way to ask a person with a heart of gold and their only intention is to help me out, and I need to try to figure out how to ask them to not help out so much. If they were prevented from just popping in then they would ask me and I could gently say, "Oh no thank you, your offer is just sweet but I have this well in hand though I am honored you asked me."

Now if I want to farm a boss for a delectable and very rare drop, then I am thoroughly thrilled when a high level person shows up to speed up the process of grinding through the same fight over and over. Having a high buddy then is totally a plus.
It's just that if the game filtered them out of just showing up unannounced, then I wouldn't be put in the position of being potentially rude to someone who is trying to be nice and doesn't realize that I am trying to be stretched on purpose.
Does this make any sense to someone other than me
This makes absolute sense. (Well, anything and everything you say makes sense Chrissy ) I had a level 5 person keep teleporting to me when I was in Haunted and after about 10 times, I had to ignore him because I had died so much. That is not what I wanted to do, but if I was going to progress in the game I had too. He was trying to be nice, but I think the idea that SlightlyMadWizard had is great. I've had that in other games, where you have to be a certainly level, and it works really well.
Now I think that it should be that you can go to an area in the world where there is no chance of battling if you are a lower level pirate and then it not allow you access to the areas where there are enemies, like Isle of the Dogs, but no access to the sewers. This would allow them to get a chance to see the world without any danger.
Another option that would be good is that before a dungeon, you have to option for people to teleport. I think before it was you could not teleport while someone was doing a dungeon, which was a plus (in Chrissy's occasional case ) and a minus, because you couldn't ask for help if you needed it.
Overall, this is a really good idea I hope to see it implemented.

Petty Officer
Dec 20, 2012
Yeah I agree there should be a minimum like Aquila for example the minimum there should be about 56/57 while cool ranch cooper's roost and big sky the minimum is 15 while tumbleweed and haunted skyway should be about lvl 30/31 P.s low levels in their ships to tumbleweed is not fixed. Petty William zipman Level 65

Petty Officer
Apr 15, 2010
but the proplem with the level idea is that if some one is under level they would have to grind to get into that next world so i would suggest to make it so you must have the main quest to move on complete to go on like i was under going to cool ranch but side quested to an average level. If i were in you know cool ranch and couldnt move on to moosu i would be upset seeing as i did all the quests.

Kai Sawkins level 28

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Most of the players on my buddy list are lower level players than I am. Since I am a max player they some6times ask for me to take them to higher level areas. While it can be a pain at times to protect them it also gives them a chance to see what they will be up against soon. Also I only port in on battles of people at my level or if the lower level player asks for help. If filters were put on the game it would prevent this type of play.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
DuranteRamses87 on Feb 1, 2014 wrote:
Most of the players on my buddy list are lower level players than I am. Since I am a max player they some6times ask for me to take them to higher level areas. While it can be a pain at times to protect them it also gives them a chance to see what they will be up against soon. Also I only port in on battles of people at my level or if the lower level player asks for help. If filters were put on the game it would prevent this type of play.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
Perhaps the filter would just block an unannounced port. You will still have the option to say yes. Then you won't get surprised with a low level port near the end of your battle but you can say yes if you are set up well and wish to show someone around.

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
Do this Turn friending off and turn porting off that solves it.

First Mate
Oct 15, 2012
You can do the option that makes people not teleport to you.

Ensign
Dec 27, 2011
I just had this happen. A lower level player kept joining my fights over and over again. I just had to log off, because he kept adding another opponent which made it harder on me.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
abduraman on Apr 27, 2014 wrote:
I just had this happen. A lower level player kept joining my fights over and over again. I just had to log off, because he kept adding another opponent which made it harder on me.
Yes yours is a good point. If the person is not a friend then you cannot ignore them or stop them from joining your mob fights. Sure you can change realms but I have had the unfortunate experience of someone doing this at night when game activity was really low and I changed to a random realm and they actually hunted me down and joined again once I started the fight. In the live game you have a higher chance of choosing a realm that will take them a bit to find you but if they are persistent they WILL track you down and needing to collect a certain amount from certain mobs kind of keeps you in the same area. As I had him on ignore I did not have to listen to his taunts any more it was still VERY annoying and I too just finally switched characters to put a stop to it. He wasn't actually breaking any rules but he sure was rude collecting high level stuff at my expense.

Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010
This had happened to my swashbuckler, whilst in "The Guns Of Marleybone" dungeon, at the third stage. I was fighting a group of mobs before bishop and then the wretched, scary, disgusting beam of light that signalled someone was teleporting flashed before my terrified eyes. Horrified, i looked and saw a LEVEL FOUR that i'd befriended out of pity porting to me. I have no idea how he got there, i assumed he wasn't a member, but he was there, with his level 3 companions attracting a whole crowd of level 55 armada muskets. I kindly asked to leave, but he didn't have chat and i couldn't access the correct words to tell him to leave as i was in a battle. So I had to flee, and then ignore him and join again. Yeah, i had to do the WHOLE dungeon again, because this guy unintenionally sabotaged me. This really should be addressed.

Merciless Jean Percy, 65
Merciless Jack Ramsey, 65
Merciless Quinn Quincy, 25

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
DeathWiz101378 on Apr 28, 2014 wrote:
This had happened to my swashbuckler, whilst in "The Guns Of Marleybone" dungeon, at the third stage. I was fighting a group of mobs before bishop and then the wretched, scary, disgusting beam of light that signalled someone was teleporting flashed before my terrified eyes. Horrified, i looked and saw a LEVEL FOUR that i'd befriended out of pity porting to me. I have no idea how he got there, i assumed he wasn't a member, but he was there, with his level 3 companions attracting a whole crowd of level 55 armada muskets. I kindly asked to leave, but he didn't have chat and i couldn't access the correct words to tell him to leave as i was in a battle. So I had to flee, and then ignore him and join again. Yeah, i had to do the WHOLE dungeon again, because this guy unintenionally sabotaged me. This really should be addressed.

Merciless Jean Percy, 65
Merciless Jack Ramsey, 65
Merciless Quinn Quincy, 25
It was out of ignorance of where you were and what would happen when he did that. Since he was only a level 4. However I can tell you another story: I was helping a friend in the Halls of Minos, he was facing the last battle instance before you got to enter the Labyrinth. A 15 th level friend ported to me ( ) and insisted that he would be able to 'help' us. Well to be short we were decimated and the friend I was helping deleted me because I wouldn't be a bully and try to chase the low level away. As if I had the power to make him leave! Yes I did tell him he was making it harder for us, but he wanted to try the battle.
So now whenever I'm farming high level dungeons, I check who is on line, if there are lower levels on line and if they have a history of 'popping' in on me, then I turn off the port option.

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
o.o kinda shocked I haven't seen this type of thread on the Pirate101 Boards yet.

Simply they won't and if it becomes a problem then you should put your ports off until a moment happens where someone needs to port to you, then put it back to off after they port.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
It happens sometimes, I also saw a level 15 pirate in Moo Shu when I just arrived, to do a quest. I would be shocked if a level 1 pirate goes to Aquila, Cool Ranch, Marylebone and in my case Moo Shu. It's like they wanted a boost to finish the storyline easier, but most of the time it sadly backfired on the player.

It would not be a smart move, if your pirate(s) who just started his/her training in skull island to go directly to Aquila. Because each worlds are meant to train your pirate(s) as a storyline progression. Take your time to enjoy the game in other words.

Community Leader
I think everything is fine the way it is.

We already have the tools to control this.

If you don't want people porting to you, turn ports off.

Furthermore ask yourself this question...
Are pirates that port to you without asking, actually friends worthy of your friends list? (they aren't worthy of mine!) After all, they apparently do not care about what your doing, or whether they might disrupt it.

I must admit I have found it helpful in the past to port my own lower level pirates to help my higher level pirates (multiple accounts). KI has always allowed this (in Wizard101 as well) in their games to let people play together without restriction, leaving the rest for us to manage our experience with the tools they've ALREADY given us (turning off ports, etc).

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Ensign
Jul 29, 2013
I totally agree with Dr Zeppers, I also have multiple accounts, and I will sometimes port my lower level pirates to the higher areas, especially when I want to purchase a new ship or want to buy some more cool furniture from a different world, but do not have access to that area yet. I have also had some lower level pirates port to me while in aquila (I was trying to defeat those dreaded harpies). I kindly ask them to please ask before porting and most of them do, however I have had a few who take no notice of my request and constantly keep porting, I usually just remove them from my friend list. I am always curious about new worlds when they come out and like to explore and see all the new and exciting things, so I totally understand lower level pirates wanting to see what awaits them down the road, and have no problems with this at all. If I don't want anyone porting to me (Usually during tough dungeons) I will simply switch off the allow ports option, that way if someone ports to me during a tough battle I have no one but myself to blame.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
this happened when i was versing deacon this also summoned the suprise armarda officers around deacon so that was 9 more enemies to me el toro bat masterson and rooster cogburn
really i deleted him and soloed it afterwards plus i know the officers would show up