Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Bonnie's Powers in PvP

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010
So during random pvp matches, a lot of the lower level pirates all bring bonnie. So i was on my witchdoctor and i did a double mournsong on a max level bonnie anne, knocked her into the yellow in one turn, then, a level 4's bonnie just healed the bonnie i had damaged for about 600 hp! I think that bonnie should get her heal after her first promotion, because starting right off the bat with 2 powers is kinda unusual. Her first promotion isn't that far ahead, it's at level 8 so it really doesn't matter too much. It's not like you'll need her heal before you level her up to level 8, since the enemies around that level aren't that hard (except buster crab, he was SO annoying on my privy). Also, her Dodge reduce power should be different. When you first get her, it only shoots in a straight line opposed to a V which, in pvp, as a swash when i'm trying to kill the pirate and i have a bunch of low level bonnies reducing my dodge from 151 to 37.5 is really annoying. Plus, if they all use their heal on the same round they could revive a pirate back to 75% hp! It's really frustrating. And all the players who played before she got her heal could manage, so why can't we manage until we level her to 8?

Merciless Jean Percy, 65
Merciless Jack Ramsey, 65
Merciless Cass Spencer, 22

Ensign
Jun 16, 2013
You realize you're suggesting removing really the ONE thing low level players (this includes those who don't have membership so they CAN'T get bonnie to the first promotion) can contribute to a PvP dominated by higher level players over something you find "annoying"?

Also, PvP aside, Bonnie's healing ability is really the only healing ability that any class but privateer gets in the early game so many players depend on it in PvE for a while before they finally get any kind of heal of their own.

Basically, what I'm saying is, stop complaining over something this mediocre when, 1: There are much bigger issues in this game and 2: The only reason you even think to bring it up is because there are some noobs playing smart and it's throwing off your game...

Developer
Interesting strategy.

But if you've used it often enough, you may have noticed that Bonnie Anne's heal takes the target's health into account.

25% is the most you can heal, if the target is very wounded; but as each new Bonnie Anne's heal takes effect, and the target is healed, the amount of healing will go down. You'll get diminishing returns from stacking them up.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
DeathWiz101378 on Jan 15, 2014 wrote:
So during random pvp matches, a lot of the lower level pirates all bring bonnie. So i was on my witchdoctor and i did a double mournsong on a max level bonnie anne, knocked her into the yellow in one turn, then, a level 4's bonnie just healed the bonnie i had damaged for about 600 hp! I think that bonnie should get her heal after her first promotion, because starting right off the bat with 2 powers is kinda unusual. Her first promotion isn't that far ahead, it's at level 8 so it really doesn't matter too much. It's not like you'll need her heal before you level her up to level 8, since the enemies around that level aren't that hard (except buster crab, he was SO annoying on my privy). Also, her Dodge reduce power should be different. When you first get her, it only shoots in a straight line opposed to a V which, in pvp, as a swash when i'm trying to kill the pirate and i have a bunch of low level bonnies reducing my dodge from 151 to 37.5 is really annoying. Plus, if they all use their heal on the same round they could revive a pirate back to 75% hp! It's really frustrating. And all the players who played before she got her heal could manage, so why can't we manage until we level her to 8?

Merciless Jean Percy, 65
Merciless Jack Ramsey, 65
Merciless Cass Spencer, 22
Because that's how Bonnie Anne is. She is our first quest earned companion and she comes with good stuff to help a new player have some help as they learn the ropes. It is her personality too, she is always looking out for others and is the voice of conscience to the crew and her Captain. I just wish her heal would increase from 1/4 to 1/2 on her higher promotion. It really could come in handy. (Hint hint to whoever programs this )

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
She should get heal at next promotion but the dodge thing that's what makes bonnie good and it sounds like your getting poned by lvl4bonnies

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Sounds to me you are mad that some level 4 players made pvp annoying for you. If you were reducing someone's dodge you'd be happy about it. These players used a strategy against you. I know you can develop one to counter this situation. I look forward to reading what you come up with.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010
Silly Sebastian on Jan 16, 2014 wrote:
You realize you're suggesting removing really the ONE thing low level players (this includes those who don't have membership so they CAN'T get bonnie to the first promotion) can contribute to a PvP dominated by higher level players over something you find "annoying"?

Also, PvP aside, Bonnie's healing ability is really the only healing ability that any class but privateer gets in the early game so many players depend on it in PvE for a while before they finally get any kind of heal of their own.

Basically, what I'm saying is, stop complaining over something this mediocre when, 1: There are much bigger issues in this game and 2: The only reason you even think to bring it up is because there are some noobs playing smart and it's throwing off your game...
Then again, all the beta players got past her first promotion without a heal, and did almost the whole game without it. It's only until level 8, so it's not that much of a penalism. Maybe her dodge reduce power is the same throughout all her promotions (V shape, -25% dodge). And yeah, i shouldn't be complaining cause mostly i just 1v1, but shouldn't there be some sort of mechanism for debuffs and buffs? Maybe, the amount of will/agility/strength or whatever is used by the caster affects the debuff. Eg. If a swashbuckler with 70 agility, got hit with a scatterblast by a bonnie anne of 24 agility, then since the swash's agility is 70 the equasion will be:
70=100%
24=34%
100%-34%=66%
Bonnie's reduction power will be resisted by 66%. So 66% of -25% dodge is 0.165/1.00
i.e, my dodge is only reduced by 16.5%-25%= 8.5% dodge reduction. It also would work in reverse.
E.g, a bonnie with great juju (200 agility, just a random number) hitting a swash with 50 agility, it would be like this:
200=100%
50=25%
100%-25%=75%
Bonnie's dodge reduction is increased by 75%. So 75% of -25% is 0.1875/1.00
i.e, the users dodge is not reduced by 25%, but 25%+18.75%=-43.75%
It may seem a little hard to calculate, but it's workable.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
DeathWiz101378 on Jan 17, 2014 wrote:
Then again, all the beta players got past her first promotion without a heal, and did almost the whole game without it. It's only until level 8, so it's not that much of a penalism. Maybe her dodge reduce power is the same throughout all her promotions (V shape, -25% dodge). And yeah, i shouldn't be complaining cause mostly i just 1v1, but shouldn't there be some sort of mechanism for debuffs and buffs? Maybe, the amount of will/agility/strength or whatever is used by the caster affects the debuff. Eg. If a swashbuckler with 70 agility, got hit with a scatterblast by a bonnie anne of 24 agility, then since the swash's agility is 70 the equasion will be:
70=100%
24=34%
100%-34%=66%
Bonnie's reduction power will be resisted by 66%. So 66% of -25% dodge is 0.165/1.00
i.e, my dodge is only reduced by 16.5%-25%= 8.5% dodge reduction. It also would work in reverse.
E.g, a bonnie with great juju (200 agility, just a random number) hitting a swash with 50 agility, it would be like this:
200=100%
50=25%
100%-25%=75%
I cannot beGIN to follow that but I will take your word for it.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
DeathWiz101378 on Jan 17, 2014 wrote:
70=100%
24=34%
100%-34%=66%
200=100%
50=25%
100%-25%=75%
Me:ahhh yea I understand that
Guy in my head:no you dont
Me:stop talking to me I don't want to look stupid
Guy in my head: yeah whatever