Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Roleplay II!

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Just Add Bacon on Jul 16, 2013 wrote:
Lizzy smiled at the joke. So long since the mood was light. The purpose of the scented candles in the room were to soothe the mind from all troubles, enabling pure clarity to see what needs to be done. Lizzy noticed the hesitation in Charlotte's revealing their mission, and greatly appreciated the fact that she was trusted. She knew first hand that trust is the most expensive thing in the world; sometimes years to earn and seconds to lose.

However, Lizzy's expression fell. "I apologize, the library does not have an available copy of the book you seek." Lizzy watched as her words took effect on the group. She then smiled once more, and spoke. "However I do. The Ancient Tongue is the very first language, the base of all languages. You need not know the actual language rather than the root of it. I'll be right back."

Lizzy left the room, then came back a few minutes later carrying a large dusty gold book with hieroglyphics on it. She looked at the book's cover, her expression furrowed in concentration, which she then released. She looked at the group apologetically. "I... I see your point. It's been a long time since I've read Krokotopian, and frankly I don't remember how to. However, I believe a little hoodoo magic or another book might be able to translate the hieroglyphics into basic words, then I believe we could read it. Well, here you go." Elizabeth handed the heavy book to Charlotte, which nearly made the girl crumble. She regained her balance and took a proper hold on the book, balancing it on her knee. Her eyes brightened with wonder and her hands glided over the cover, amazed that they had managed to get the book so easily. If you call fighting the armada easy.

Elizabeth sat back down at the table and sipped some more tea. "You're welcome to come here any time," she said, setting down her cup of tea after a few sips. She flipped a gold coin to Keira, who caught it, then gazed at the golden medallion. On one side was a golden gryphon, reared on its back talons and roaring into the oblivion. On the other side was the crest of Grizzleheim, Lizzy's second home after becoming an orphan. "Please come and visit me sometime. However much I love books, I can't drown myself in the incredible tales they tell without any human contact once in a while. I live here, by the way. Well, not exactly in this room. You can stay here as long as you want, but I sense the urgency in your mission and I don't believe you have enough time to hang around with a little bookworm like me. I bid you good luck, and good day."

The blonde girl strided to the back wall of the room, saluted the group, then disappeared with a puff of green smoke. When she left, all of the scented candles went out. The candle chandelier above lit itself, illuminated the room once more. Elizabeth of the Golden Gryphon crew was gone.

OOC: Lizzy will come again in times of need. ;) The coin is Lizzy's symbol, it's up to you how you want to use it.
Keira heard the words "Krokotopian", a language she was amazing at reading. "Krokotopian? Hehe, that's my best language besides Darkmoorian and English. Well, I'm also not bad at reading hieroglyphs, so I'll give it a whirl! Charlotte, can you hand me the book please?" Keira said. "Oh, I could also use hoodoo to translate it if you so wish."

Before Elizabeth mysteriously left, Keira spoke up. "Thanks for your help, Elizabeth, you were a great help to us all and we owe you our thanks. Finding the book for us is greatly appreciated. If you ever need us, just call." The Witchdoctor winked. She caught the medallion before the blonde took her leave, and gazed at it for a couple minutes. The gryphon was certainly an interesting choice of animals, and paired with the Grizzleheim crest it became an intriguing object to observe.

"So, I'd better cast the spell, right?" Keira snickered, and opened the book carefully. "Hmm... I feel this needs a Darkmoorian translation incantation..." She murmured to herself. She mumbled a few words in an unrecognizable language, which the rest of the pirates concluded must be Darkmoorian. Keira's green eyes flickered for a minute as she read over the hieroglyphs, muttering more Darkmoorian translation spells. Before their eyes, the others watched as the unreadable hieroglyphs had small words of English translation pop up beneath the Krokotopian images. When she finished, all of the previously undecipherable hieroglyphs had subtitles of the English language. "I did it!" Keira yelled out in success.

"If only you guys knew how difficult it is to accurately perform the Translation Spell. It takes a lot out of you and requires great concentration. And only certain staffs-" she gestured to a Darkmoorian staff she used rather than her Mooshuian one, and this Darkmoorian staff was black and branched out at the top, and a purple crystal with smaller cubes swirling around with it topped the staff. "-can have the usage of such a spell. Magic is harder than it looks." Keira grinned and winked at the group.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Charlotte felt frankly amazed at what had just happened, but they had the book! Carefully, as the ancient tome was crumbling, she opened it with her handkerchief to protect the precious volume from the soils of their hands, and gently laid it on the table. Kiera, a little woozy, but awake and aware, began to read.

The volume was a copy written in New Krokotopian, which Kiera could read. The words, as befitted a text on basic mathematics, was easy to read for those who could manage at least some of the language of the book. Looking for visual cues scanning the beginning of the text, Kiera soon found what Charlotte was looking for. She translated as Charlotte wrote down notes.

"I believe this is it," Charlotte breathed joyfully. "Look, here Ptolemy the Wise details how to find large sums of sets, today called multiplication, by an ingenious method of doubling. So, if you want to, say, find out how much 17 sets of 246 would equal, you set up two columns: the doubling numbers vs. the doubles of 246. So 1 would be across 246, 2 across 492 (as that is 246 doubled), etc. You end up with a column like this:
1 -- 246
2 -- 492
4 -- 984
8 -- 1968
16 - 3936
So, since 17 is 16 + 1, then use 3936 + 246 = 4182!

Scarlet, who could multiply 246 x 17 in her head, realized that this older method yielded the same product, and she nodded in acknowledgement.

"What this means for the code-breaking," Charlotte went on excitedly, "is that you rely on doubling for the answer, but strike out anything that does not add up to the definition of the set you are doubling by."
She looked wistfully at the book. There was so much more to learn, but they could not stay in this safe haven. Very soon the squad of Armada soldiers they had defeated would be discovered, if they had not been already, and they had to leave before they got anyone into any trouble -- including themselves. Hopefully, the ships would be returning soon to pick them up at Sivella's dock.

Ensign
May 21, 2012
Sierra stood on the balcony of the Sivella school. Her red hair, which was tied in a ponytail waved in the wind coming from outside. She had sailed here earlier with Devin, her lifelong friend from the school. She and a couple others were the only students there at the time. She decided to watch them. She lowly growled when she noticed Keira among the group. She HATED Keira. As in REALLY hates her.

She watched as Keira performed some weird Darkmoorian spell to translate the hieroglyphs. Sierra was unimpressed. She'd seen better.

"Sheesh, she could do better..." Sierra murmured. Sierra didn't like Keira thanks to her Darkmoorian background and tendency to creep the redhead out with incantations and spells she'd never heard. Plus, how close Emma was with her got on Sierra's nerves nonstop. Her cousin was with Keira a lot of her time and it kind of upset Sierra.

(Ooc: Avalon gave me permission for Emma to be my character's cousin and dislike Keira. It was her idea anyway. Lol.)

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
OOC: Okay I'm going to step out for a little bit and wait for the confusion to clear up.

Evan said, "Froggo needs me on the ship. I'll be back later..." with an expression of concern. Evan threw a rose into the air (who knows how he got it! ) and teleported away in a blast of smoke.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Anne Radcliffe on Jul 17, 2013 wrote:
Charlotte felt frankly amazed at what had just happened, but they had the book! Carefully, as the ancient tome was crumbling, she opened it with her handkerchief to protect the precious volume from the soils of their hands, and gently laid it on the table. Kiera, a little woozy, but awake and aware, began to read.

The volume was a copy written in New Krokotopian, which Kiera could read. The words, as befitted a text on basic mathematics, was easy to read for those who could manage at least some of the language of the book. Looking for visual cues scanning the beginning of the text, Kiera soon found what Charlotte was looking for. She translated as Charlotte wrote down notes.

"I believe this is it," Charlotte breathed joyfully. "Look, here Ptolemy the Wise details how to find large sums of sets, today called multiplication, by an ingenious method of doubling. So, if you want to, say, find out how much 17 sets of 246 would equal, you set up two columns: the doubling numbers vs. the doubles of 246. So 1 would be across 246, 2 across 492 (as that is 246 doubled), etc. You end up with a column like this:
1 -- 246
2 -- 492
4 -- 984
8 -- 1968
16 - 3936
So, since 17 is 16 + 1, then use 3936 + 246 = 4182!

Scarlet, who could multiply 246 x 17 in her head, realized that this older method yielded the same product, and she nodded in acknowledgement.

"What this means for the code-breaking," Charlotte went on excitedly, "is that you rely on doubling for the answer, but strike out anything that does not add up to the definition of the set you are doubling by."
She looked wistfully at the book. There was so much more to learn, but they could not stay in this safe haven. Very soon the squad of Armada soldiers they had defeated would be discovered, if they had not been already, and they had to leave before they got anyone into any trouble -- including themselves. Hopefully, the ships would be returning soon to pick them up at Sivella's dock.
When Lizzy teleported out of the hidden cellar she went to the gondolas, however she wasn't anticipating being stared down at by an extremely large ship that could comfortably house twenty armada captains. This ship was huge and ominous, quite simply striking fear in the teen just by its massive size. It looked bigger than the library itself!
The blonde stood stock still, eyes widened at the ship. This could only mean one thing... someone important was here, and they were most certainly not allies. Lizzy, after recovering from the shock of the foreboding hull, pressed her body up against a statue of a female unicorn so as to conceal herself.
But she felt a small peck at her boot.
Lizzy looked down and saw a small clockwork dove, looking at her with wonder in those dark black holes for eyes. It tilted its head cutely at her, then nestled into her shin, sitting on her foot.
As much as Lizzy thought that bird was cute, it was a clockwork all the same and therefore an enemy. “Shoo!” she whispered hoarsely, shaking her foot trying to throw off the bird. The bird fluttered to a bush, offended, and then it just stared at her. The bird preened its leather feathers and then looked back to Lizzy in an oscillated way, as if trying to decide what to do about this girl who didn't like it. It then re-situated its wings against its body. It opened its mouth, and released an incredibly loud sound that made Lizzy wince and cover her ears.
It was an alarm.
It cawed ferociously, flying back over to Lizzy to alert the clockworks of the unwanted soldier of the Resistance. Lizzy ran for her life, leaping over columns and dodging through lines of clockworks as they headed towards her. Although she was fast and no one could catch her, the bird still followed her around, producing that infuriating sound all the same.
Elizabeth made a fatal mistake, driven by curiosity. She looked back at the bird.
Thus the chase was ended. She felt hard wooden arms catch her as she was trying to run, and the arms pinned her own to her side. Her head snapped back around to find the same armada captain that the group had defeated, staring back at her with hatred, and small pride at having caught the mischief maker.
A new flood of adrenaline coursed her body, making her shake from fear and excitement and kick at the armada captain as he lifted her off the ground, to no avail.
“Lemme-go!” The words came out fiercely in her might at kicking the armada dude. Nothing happened, however he did speak up.
“We have warned you before. When we first captured you, you were an annoyance. When you defeated Fin for the second time, you became a target. Now you are a threat, therefore I will not let you escape the clutches of the armada another time.”
Elizabeth screamed at the top of her lungs, but it didn't accomplish anything but make the armada captain squeeze her more tightly.
Lizzy was a prisoner of the armada, and this time, she knew she couldn't escape.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Just Add Bacon on Jul 17, 2013 wrote:
When Lizzy teleported out of the hidden cellar she went to the gondolas, however she wasn't anticipating being stared down at by an extremely large ship that could comfortably house twenty armada captains. This ship was huge and ominous, quite simply striking fear in the teen just by its massive size. It looked bigger than the library itself!
The blonde stood stock still, eyes widened at the ship. This could only mean one thing... someone important was here, and they were most certainly not allies. Lizzy, after recovering from the shock of the foreboding hull, pressed her body up against a statue of a female unicorn so as to conceal herself.
But she felt a small peck at her boot.
Lizzy looked down and saw a small clockwork dove, looking at her with wonder in those dark black holes for eyes. It tilted its head cutely at her, then nestled into her shin, sitting on her foot.
As much as Lizzy thought that bird was cute, it was a clockwork all the same and therefore an enemy. “Shoo!” she whispered hoarsely, shaking her foot trying to throw off the bird. The bird fluttered to a bush, offended, and then it just stared at her. The bird preened its leather feathers and then looked back to Lizzy in an oscillated way, as if trying to decide what to do about this girl who didn't like it. It then re-situated its wings against its body. It opened its mouth, and released an incredibly loud sound that made Lizzy wince and cover her ears.
It was an alarm.
It cawed ferociously, flying back over to Lizzy to alert the clockworks of the unwanted soldier of the Resistance. Lizzy ran for her life, leaping over columns and dodging through lines of clockworks as they headed towards her. Although she was fast and no one could catch her, the bird still followed her around, producing that infuriating sound all the same.
Elizabeth made a fatal mistake, driven by curiosity. She looked back at the bird.
Thus the chase was ended. She felt hard wooden arms catch her as she was trying to run, and the arms pinned her own to her side. Her head snapped back around to find the same armada captain that the group had defeated, staring back at her with hatred, and small pride at having caught the mischief maker.
A new flood of adrenaline coursed her body, making her shake from fear and excitement and kick at the armada captain as he lifted her off the ground, to no avail.
“Lemme-go!” The words came out fiercely in her might at kicking the armada dude. Nothing happened, however he did speak up.
“We have warned you before. When we first captured you, you were an annoyance. When you defeated Fin for the second time, you became a target. Now you are a threat, therefore I will not let you escape the clutches of the armada another time.”
Elizabeth screamed at the top of her lungs, but it didn't accomplish anything but make the armada captain squeeze her more tightly.
Lizzy was a prisoner of the armada, and this time, she knew she couldn't escape.
Keira heard something faintly ring out. Was that... an alarm? Or was she just hearing things? She shrugged it off, but being as careful and observant as she was, decided to tell the small group.

"Does the Armada know we're here?" She inquired worriedly. "I think I just heard an alarm go off..." Her eyes were full of worry sharpened with determination, and rather than smiling, she had a worried look to her face. If the rest of the Armada on the island knew the small group was present, who knows what would happen? Then she remembered Lizzy. The group, Keira especially, seemed to owe a lot to Lizzy. What if they found her...?

"Don't be silly, Keira. It might be a false alarm." Emma nonchalantly responded. "Besides, we can kick butt anyway!" The blonde snickered and unsheathed her rapier, and smirked while waving it around with the speed of a Swashbuckler. "I also have a gun." She gestured to her Brown Bess, her Marleybonian bayonet.

"Still.... Aren't you even a little worried?" Keira murmured.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Highlander Fox of ... on Jul 18, 2013 wrote:
Keira heard something faintly ring out. Was that... an alarm? Or was she just hearing things? She shrugged it off, but being as careful and observant as she was, decided to tell the small group.

"Does the Armada know we're here?" She inquired worriedly. "I think I just heard an alarm go off..." Her eyes were full of worry sharpened with determination, and rather than smiling, she had a worried look to her face. If the rest of the Armada on the island knew the small group was present, who knows what would happen? Then she remembered Lizzy. The group, Keira especially, seemed to owe a lot to Lizzy. What if they found her...?

"Don't be silly, Keira. It might be a false alarm." Emma nonchalantly responded. "Besides, we can kick butt anyway!" The blonde snickered and unsheathed her rapier, and smirked while waving it around with the speed of a Swashbuckler. "I also have a gun." She gestured to her Brown Bess, her Marleybonian bayonet.

"Still.... Aren't you even a little worried?" Keira murmured.
From the corner of room where she had been quietly watching the proceedings, Scarlet heard the faint ringing and knew someone had been spotted by one of the clockwork doves scattered around Sivella. Scarlet had also noticed her old friend Emma, but had not yet greeted her.

"Why should we be worried Keira? I've seen Emma get through worse than this, and besides eventhough I may not be a part of the resitance, I know my way around Sivella quite well. Although, I don't have my proper gear with me at the moment, I left it all on my ship."

Scarlet then turned to Emma, "Mon ami, you wouldn't happen to have an extra rapier or pistol I could borrow do you, I only have my throwing knives."

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
"Remember, we don't want to, er, 'kick butt' as you say, Emma," Charlotte murmured as she looked around carefully upon exiting the secret room. "It's bad enough that we encountered one Armada patrol. When the clockworks find them, not only will they be looking for us, but the librarians and staff might be questioned or held accountable. We don't want to put these innocent Valencians in any danger. Fortunately, as we were able to get the book without contacting the librarians- thanks to the mysterious Elizabeth- the fact that they were genuinely ignorant of our presence will surely be in their favor." I hope.

All was clear. Charlotte motioned the group to follow into the empty hallway. The echoes of something still lingered in the hallways. An alarm? Or a formal salute? Either way, the sooner they were out of there the better.

The hallways were now quite clear of Armada patrols, only a few standing sentries here and there that were easily avoided. Charlotte began to feel quite encouraged, a feeling that evaporated instantly as they slipped to the docks and came upon the sight of a massive Armada warship, brought up to the Sivella docks. Armada soldiers were in the process of forming disciplined, formal lines, likely to greet whoever was coming off the ship. Charlotte's heart sank to her toes. Someone the Armada considered important was on that ship. They absolutely needed to get out of there before such a personage arrived on land. Yet how could their ships dock to pick them up? They were trapped. Perhaps Kiera could whip up another storm?

Charlotte knew Kiera was exhausted, but she needed to ask. Before Charlotte could speak, a high shrill scream of terror rang out nearby. Charlotte whipped her head around to see Elizabeth struggling fruitlessly in the strong grip of an Armada captain. A rather familiar Armada captain. "Oh, no! Lizzy has been captured!" She scanned the area quickly. If only they could make it to Lizzy while the captain was yet alone...

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Jul 18, 2013 wrote:
"Remember, we don't want to, er, 'kick butt' as you say, Emma," Charlotte murmured as she looked around carefully upon exiting the secret room. "It's bad enough that we encountered one Armada patrol. When the clockworks find them, not only will they be looking for us, but the librarians and staff might be questioned or held accountable. We don't want to put these innocent Valencians in any danger. Fortunately, as we were able to get the book without contacting the librarians- thanks to the mysterious Elizabeth- the fact that they were genuinely ignorant of our presence will surely be in their favor." I hope.

All was clear. Charlotte motioned the group to follow into the empty hallway. The echoes of something still lingered in the hallways. An alarm? Or a formal salute? Either way, the sooner they were out of there the better.

The hallways were now quite clear of Armada patrols, only a few standing sentries here and there that were easily avoided. Charlotte began to feel quite encouraged, a feeling that evaporated instantly as they slipped to the docks and came upon the sight of a massive Armada warship, brought up to the Sivella docks. Armada soldiers were in the process of forming disciplined, formal lines, likely to greet whoever was coming off the ship. Charlotte's heart sank to her toes. Someone the Armada considered important was on that ship. They absolutely needed to get out of there before such a personage arrived on land. Yet how could their ships dock to pick them up? They were trapped. Perhaps Kiera could whip up another storm?

Charlotte knew Kiera was exhausted, but she needed to ask. Before Charlotte could speak, a high shrill scream of terror rang out nearby. Charlotte whipped her head around to see Elizabeth struggling fruitlessly in the strong grip of an Armada captain. A rather familiar Armada captain. "Oh, no! Lizzy has been captured!" She scanned the area quickly. If only they could make it to Lizzy while the captain was yet alone...
Emma snickered at Scarlet's question. "I have more than extras!" Emma tossed two pairs of Valencian rapiers toward Scarlet. "I bring at least seven pairs of rapiers, three daggers, four packs of bullets, one or two pistols and ten muskets. Of course I have extras." Emma grinned.

Keira was worried rather than nonchalant. "Lizzy's been captured?!" She exclaimed in surprise. She sighed. "Let me guess, more fighting?"

Emma already had her bayonet ready. "Heck yea!... Oh yea." Emma remembered everyone was exhausted besides herself. The blonde had a lot of energy to spare and was always ready for a fight. However, Keira was exhausted, and the rest of the pirates seemed to be as well. "Dang it."

Captain
Mar 09, 2011

OOC: Thanks Anne, but I don't believe you guys should rescue Lizzy right now. Lizzy and the armada captain are in the bottom right courtyard in the back of Sivella, surrounded by other soldiers. Not only that, but I planned on Lizzy being taken to 'The Machine' and for something totally epic to happen to her there. Would you guys mind waiting just a little bit longer? A few days in the story, just a few hours IRL.

Before she could see who this important person was, Lizzy was chained and taken to a large portentous machine that dominated the skyways of Valencia. She was then thrown into a metal and stone prison cell that was guarded by four clockworks at each opening. They left her there for several days, no food, very little water (Lizzy wouldn't like me to tell you how she still got her water) and almost no interaction besides something very odd indeed, the action made by the malicious armada captain.
Every day he would come and see her, performing 'exams' of some sort that were unlike any human healthcare exam. Each time he left, it seemed as if he had somehow taken a sample of her DNA. Lizzy hated this, of course, because the armada captain seemed to enjoy it. The exam was mighty uncomfortable, but thankfully he didn't invade any of Lizzy's personal space.
Four days later the armada captain visited her right on schedule, however he carried no equipment with him. Instead he had four more guards at his side. "Follow me." he said, leaving Lizzy to wonder what in the world they were going to do to her now.
"Sure." Lizzy said, shrugging, having lost no cockiness in the past few days.
Lizzy was positioned in the center of the four guards' square, under the watchful eye of them. They seemed to honestly believe this girl posed a threat to them, even though they had taken away her precious daggers. They led her down several corridors and through several doors, each one with more security than the last. Lizzy knew she was going to a very special place, however she didn't have a very good feeling about this.
"Prepare yourself." said the armada captain. "What you are about to see is going to be rather startling and you may have some... uncomfortable reactions."
This didn't sound good.
When they walked through the doors Lizzy realized the armada captain was telling the truth. What she saw was extremely startling, and she had to hold back spewing up vile.
She saw herself.
As a clockwork.
The clockwork marched up to her, carrying a pistol and one of Lizzy's daggers. Er, the real Lizzy. This female puppet spoke, with Lizzy's voice. "You have been replaced by me. I am stronger than you, faster than you, smarter than you, and better than you. I have no physical 'weak spots' and I remember everything that you do. You have been replaced by me." The clockwork's expression never changed.
Human Lizzy passed out.

OOC: Okay now would be a good time to rescue Lizzy. XD However i'm warning you, it's hard to tell the difference between the clockwork and the human...

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012

Keira snapped her fingers. "I'm a Witchdoctor! Teleportation spells! Urgh, why am I always so delayed when it comes to things like this?" She exclaimed to no one in particular. The frenzied Witchdoctor reached for her staff, and started racking her brain for any necessities for the spell. She seemed rushed and panicked, and obviously rather annoyed with herself. Keira didn't bother asking for any other ideas during her panic, seeing as she was so concentrated on too many things at a time.

In response to Charlotte's first statement, Emma timidly smiled, almost nervously. "Um, yea, sorry... I tend to get a little carried away when I'm speaking of combat." The blonde shuffled her feet and took on a sudden interest in the floor. She played with the ribbons on her Mooshuian dress, making a failed endeavor to act casually.

Keira remained in a panic, attempting to remember her teleportation spell and figuring out which of her staffs to use, Emma was unsuccessful at behaving uninterested, and so on.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Just Add Bacon on Jul 20, 2013 wrote:
OOC: Thanks Anne, but I don't believe you guys should rescue Lizzy right now. Lizzy and the armada captain are in the bottom right courtyard in the back of Sivella, surrounded by other soldiers. Not only that, but I planned on Lizzy being taken to 'The Machine' and for something totally epic to happen to her there. Would you guys mind waiting just a little bit longer? A few days in the story, just a few hours IRL.

Before she could see who this important person was, Lizzy was chained and taken to a large portentous machine that dominated the skyways of Valencia. She was then thrown into a metal and stone prison cell that was guarded by four clockworks at each opening. They left her there for several days, no food, very little water (Lizzy wouldn't like me to tell you how she still got her water) and almost no interaction besides something very odd indeed, the action made by the malicious armada captain.
Every day he would come and see her, performing 'exams' of some sort that were unlike any human healthcare exam. Each time he left, it seemed as if he had somehow taken a sample of her DNA. Lizzy hated this, of course, because the armada captain seemed to enjoy it. The exam was mighty uncomfortable, but thankfully he didn't invade any of Lizzy's personal space.
Four days later the armada captain visited her right on schedule, however he carried no equipment with him. Instead he had four more guards at his side. "Follow me." he said, leaving Lizzy to wonder what in the world they were going to do to her now.
Lizzy was positioned in the center of the four guards' square, under the watchful eye of them. They seemed to honestly believe this girl posed a threat to them, even though they had taken away her precious daggers. They led her down several corridors and through several doors, each one with more security than the last. Lizzy knew she was going to a very special place, however she didn't have a very good feeling about this.
"Prepare yourself." said the armada captain. "What you are about to see is going to be rather startling and you may have some... uncomfortable reactions."
This didn't sound good.
When they walked through the doors Lizzy realized the armada captain was telling the truth. What she saw was extremely startling, and she had to hold back spewing up vile.
She saw herself.
As a clockwork.
The clockwork marched up to her, carrying a pistol and one of Lizzy's daggers. Er, the real Lizzy. This female puppet spoke, with Lizzy's voice. "You have been replaced by me. I am stronger than you, faster than you, smarter than you, and better than you. I have no physical 'weak spots' and I remember everything that you do. You have been replaced by me." The clockwork's expression never changed.
Human Lizzy passed out.

OOC: Okay now would be a good time to rescue Lizzy. XD However i'm warning you, it's hard to tell the difference between the clockwork and the human...
Eeeek!
(OOC: okay, I was not expecting that... good thing it is Charlotte here, and not Anne, because Anne would be completely freaked out by the dungeon nastiness, and would probably spend a good part of the rescue mission hyperventilating... of course, Charlotte had the good sense not to mouth off to Deacon in his prison ship. Very well done by the way. I am going to slightly change one thing: Lizzy is in a dungeon elsewhere than in The Machine. That's an extraordinarily powerful, unknown place, and we're not ready to take it on without dying right away.
You will need to lead the rest of us now in plot, since, yes -- we can't tell the difference between the false and the true. Hmm, has this become 'The Tale of Two Lizzies'? Humor to lighten the dark situation -- hey, even 'King Lear' has some hilarious bits in it -- and back to story...)

Several tense, difficult days had passed since Elizabeth had been captured by the Armada. Although they had rushed to the scene, Charlotte formulating a rescue plan as they went, they were too late. The Armada had a deserved reputation for ruthless efficiency. Nor could they attempt to follow the ship that took her away, with the huge flagship in harbor keeping their own ships away. By the time they were able to follow, there was no hint of where the Armada had taken their young prisoner.

Charlotte brushed another tear away, remembering. The mission to the Sivella Library had been a success -- at a terrible cost. But they all agreed: they would not abandon their brave ally to the ungentle hands of the Armada. They would find her -- and somehow, get her out. If she was still alive. Another tear trickled down Charlotte's cheek.

Over the past several days, they had pieced together some leads. The first good clue was the golden gryphon coin. With considerable experimentation, Kiera had found that if she concentrated, she sometimes could get the sense of where Elizabeth was located. When she was near exhaustion with focusing, occasionally images came into her head concentrating on the coin - a cold, dark place, chains... Kiera flinched away from the images, and they vanished. Strangely, though she had no hoodoo talent that she knew of, Charlotte could sometimes also get a sense of Elizabeth's location holding the coin herself, though far more erratically than Kiera.

The second important clue was when just two of the pirate company slipped into the Library to beg information of the librarians there. Understandably, they were reluctant to talk. All the staff had been questioned concerning the brief battle in the hallways, and the high ranking officer who questioned them had the ability to discern truth. As the library staff were genuinely ignorant of what had happened, no harm came to any of them. This had not always been true in the past. One librarian bravely spoke of being questioned in the past, taken to a deep level dungeon in one of the Armada fortresses in the Aragon skyway...

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
For this mission, they needed stealth rather than force. Several of the pirate captains had already been on a mission to sabotage the Armada fortresses, but despite a good look around during their mission of destruction, had not discovered the deeper levels of the fortress. They needed a small party to hide and clandestinely discover how to enter the deeper level, and only a small party had a better likelihood of escaping detection. Only the captains were on this rescue mission: Charlotte, Kiera, and [participants fill in blank here!]. Only the captains, that is, and Mormo. Mormo had absolutely refused to leave Kiera's side.

So far the incipient rescue mission was going well. Kiera tested the coin again, -briefly, as the effort needed was considerable and draining- and confirmed that Elizabeth was here... somewhere below. Most of the Armada soldiers in the station did not go to the lowest levels, but after much patient, stealthy watching, they found the hidden door that surely led to the dungeons below. They were ready to go. Charlotte checked her weapons for the umpteenth time, breathed a little prayer, and they began the rescue mission in earnest.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
(OOC: If you like, Elizabeth, you can set things up so that Kiera and co. rescue the wrong Lizzy. We can play along, here. The Armada using Lizzy to get to the secret room would be a reliable plot... and if the clockwork took a few interfering pirates out of the way, well, that would be a plus for them, wouldn't it? You've already set in two seeds (one of which I've extended a little) that would ultimately prevent them from achieving that sinister goal, and that would play very nicely in a denoument. (Then I could really see fighting the clockwork Lizzy could be an interesting fight).That could make an excellent story, if rather rough on the real Lizzie, as she would languish in a horrible prison for longer, but hopefully not too much longer.
So, the ball is in your court, as it were...)

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Just Add Bacon on Jul 20, 2013 wrote:

This didn't sound good.
She saw herself.
As a clockwork.
Human Lizzy passed out.

OOC: Ooh, rather grim here isn't it? Excellent work. I'd imagine the clockworks would try to capture the rest of the pirates by using Lizzy's clockwork to pose as her human counterpart, and leading them to the clockwork ship disguised as an average galleon, where they are assaulted by clockworks and forced to fight or give up, and they might even be met by an elite or a higher rank in the clockwork's army, such as a captain. Yes, I like that!

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Jul 20, 2013 wrote:
For this mission, they needed stealth rather than force. Several of the pirate captains had already been on a mission to sabotage the Armada fortresses, but despite a good look around during their mission of destruction, had not discovered the deeper levels of the fortress. They needed a small party to hide and clandestinely discover how to enter the deeper level, and only a small party had a better likelihood of escaping detection. Only the captains were on this rescue mission: Charlotte, Kiera, and [participants fill in blank here!]. Only the captains, that is, and Mormo. Mormo had absolutely refused to leave Kiera's side.

So far the incipient rescue mission was going well. Kiera tested the coin again, -briefly, as the effort needed was considerable and draining- and confirmed that Elizabeth was here... somewhere below. Most of the Armada soldiers in the station did not go to the lowest levels, but after much patient, stealthy watching, they found the hidden door that surely led to the dungeons below. They were ready to go. Charlotte checked her weapons for the umpteenth time, breathed a little prayer, and they began the rescue mission in earnest.
Mormo was far too loyal to his captain to even leave her side for a second. This was a gigantic Armada territory where he couldn't risk his captain being injured or worse. "Mormo is coming." He had declared, and no one argued, seeing as it was fruitless to disagree or bother arguing with the stubborn water-mole. No one had bothered to make an endeavor to even try compromising. Nope, the water-mole was going to join them and that was that. The water-mole was a surprisingly useful addition to the small group, and he'd melt any passing clockwork soldier if it stepped into seventy foot range of his captain.

Keira kept her staff ready, unprepared to have use of her scythe again because of her current lack of energy, but her Darkmoorian staff, crafted from one of the trees with black wood, was a useful weapon as of now. The Witchdoctor nervously continued with the group, worried for Lizzy, scared for herself, and fearful for those partaking in the mission to rescue Lizzy.

She was scared, in all truth. Envisioning the cold, dark rooms and empty chains brought back some... difficult memories for her. Keira facaded her apprehension with a forced smile, acting as if she wasn't afraid of the large area. Her eyes could not be masqueraded from the doubt, anxiety, and tension residing within. Keira held onto her staff a little tighter every second, attempting to prepare herself for assaults of any kind. The spinning violet crystal let out a few bursts of sparks every moment, and Keira hoped and prayed the clockworks wouldn't notice....

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Highlander Fox of ... on Jul 20, 2013 wrote:
OOC: Ooh, rather grim here isn't it? Excellent work. I'd imagine the clockworks would try to capture the rest of the pirates by using Lizzy's clockwork to pose as her human counterpart, and leading them to the clockwork ship disguised as an average galleon, where they are assaulted by clockworks and forced to fight or give up, and they might even be met by an elite or a higher rank in the clockwork's army, such as a captain. Yes, I like that!
OOC: Thanks, but not exactly what I intended. However... that works! I was intending for Lizzy to discover the armada's hidden plan... to take every living fighting creature and turn them into a clockwork, that way they have all of the brilliance and excellence and memory of the fighter... without the fighter to disobey orders. But yes, that's a good idea! Thanks! And thanks Anne for leading the group to the place where Lizzy is hiding. Wish me luck!
~
Lizzy was indeed spiritually attached to that coin with her crest on it, everybody on her crew had their own coin like that, with the golden gryphon and the symbol of their home. Lizzy sat up straighter in her dungeon cell. She and her crew had chosen the gryphon because it represented the heart of the lion (good, justice, happiness, etc.) with the wings of an eagle to have to ability to make a better change in the world. Lizzy bowed her head, her forehead touching her knees. She really hoped the rest of her crew wasn't dealing with a situation like this.

Every time Keira used the gold coin, it sapped some energy out of Elizabeth. Lizzy would lay down, exhausted, trying so hard to show them where she was. She could feel the coin coming closer to her, and immediately wished that she hadn't shown the group where she was; Clockwork Lizzy was out there somewhere, and Human Lizzy had a bad feeling about it. How could she let herself get captured? Human Lizzy had few flaws when fighting and fewer flaws in her strategies, but Clockwork Lizzy had managed to erase all of those flaws. This was really really really bad! Clockwork Lizzy could efficiently take out the whole group all on her own! Especially with a pistol. That just made everything a whole lot worse.

The coin stopped right outside the door to the lower dungeons. Lizzy jumped out of her sitting position, grimacing because the hard floor had hurt her tailbone, and staggered over to the large cell door. It looked like a metal gate that could roll up, just like in a castle except smaller. Lizzy leaped onto the door and shook it with all her might, trying to attract the attention of the clockworks onto her instead of onto her allies. She rattled the cage door with the force of a lion, or, rather, a gryphon. It made one large cacophony that was a din so loud Lizzy's ears hurt, and she could hardly hear herself think. Finally one clockwork arrived: Clockwork Lizzy.

Human Lizzy flinched at seeing her exact replica of herself. This clockwork even wore the same clothes as her! The clockwork didn't look like a clockwork, but rather a human. Clockwork Lizzy even breathed, and her mouth opened and moved when she spoke. Clockwork Lizzy wore the same finger-less cloves as her, even Clockwork Lizzy's nails were painted emerald, too! There seemed to be no difference between the two, besides Human Lizzy was as thin and pale as a skeleton from her days in the prison. Too bad the darkness of the cell and her clothes concealed these differences...

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
“What do you want?” Clockwork Lizzy asked.

Human Lizzy stared her down with hatred.

“I said, what do you want?” Clockwork Lizzy now demanded.

Human Lizzy filled her entire aura with hatred towards Clockwork Lizzy, and she visually imagined her green aura turn black with a sickening polluting cloud, then she sent this horrible cloud towards Clockwork Lizzy.

Although it was just a simple mental exercise, Clockwork Lizzy nearly fell over. The hatred was so strong, so real, so incredibly true, that it just so happened to work. Clockwork Lizzy looked like she was so dizzy she would nearly fall over, but she didn't. Instead she straightened and pointed her pistol at Lizzy's heart, then shot. The electricity from the shot froze Lizzy's heart for a moment and she was sent across the cell. Lizzy couldn't move her eyes or close them, she couldn't breath, she couldn't feel her limbs, and she couldn't move. This pistol was a strong one. Lizzy gasped and found that she could move again after about thirty seconds. She marched back over to the cell door to try and make Clockwork Lizzy dizzy again – it had done something to the clockwork, and Human Lizzy could just feel it made her replica weaker.

However the Clockwork didn't let her do it again. Instead, she did something rather unexpected. Clockwork Lizzy let her go.

Human Lizzy leaped out of the cell instantly, and felt she should attack Clockwork Lizzy, but something held her back. Something odd... Something she had only felt once in her life before to a stranger...

Kinship.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Charlotte passed out once she saw the two Lizzies together, and Keira wretched. Only Mormo didn't have a major reaction, but instead he froze and stared at both Lizzies with fear and shock.

“I'm the real Elizabeth!” Both Lizzies said at the same time. They turned towards each other sharply and angrily. “No, I'm the real Elizabeth! No, I am!” Dangit! Human Lizzy thought. She knows everything that I would do, and is copying it! “Keira, it's me!” Both Lizzies said. Keira was getting more and more confused, as was Mormo, and Human Lizzy was getting really upset. Both Lizzies screamed in anger. What is something that only I would say?

Charlotte passed out once she saw the two Lizzies together, and Keira wretched. Only Mormo didn't have a major reaction, but instead he froze and stared at both Lizzies with fear and shock.

“I'm the real Elizabeth!” Both Lizzies said at the same time. They turned towards each other sharply and angrily. “No, I'm the real Elizabeth! No, I am!” Dangit! Human Lizzy thought. She knows everything that I would do, and is copying it! “Keira, it's me!” Both Lizzies said. Keira was getting more and more confused, as was Mormo, and Human Lizzy was getting really upset. Both Lizzies screamed in anger. What is something that only I would say?

“Long live The Golden Gryphon Crew! Long live The Resistance!” Human Lizzy shouted. It would have worked, if Clockwork Lizzy hadn't said it too. Both Lizzies looked near tears, and both let out another cry of exasperation. There was no winning against this imposter!

Both Lizzies cut each other sharply on the right shoulder. Although Human Lizzy was searing with pain, she knew this would happen. She looked at Keira fleetingly and pointed at the clockwork. “See! No blood! No... no blood...” but there was indeed blood from Clockwork Lizzy, which made no sense at all. Lizzy wasn't used to seeing blood... and this made her feel utterly queasy... both Lizzies wretched. How was this possible? Clockwork Lizzy wasn't Human Lizzy! She shouldn't have been throwing up, or making blood!

Both Lizzies stood up straight once more, panting, and looking defeated. They took in a deep breath and concentrated their Chi to be pure once more. Both Lizzies looked relaxed again. “Keira.” they duo said. “The coin.”

OOC: Your turn. Good luck! I know I left you in a little bit of a tight spot, but it's tight for me too. I don't really know what to do next. I'm excited to see what you guys do with it!

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
OOC:Hmm, I'm not sure right now if Scarlet should join the rescue party in earnest just yet. I'm kinda seeing a chance for me to use a short nautical piece I've been thinking of here. Since only Emma and Mormo know that Scarlet is a pirate, maybe she should disappear for a while, perhaps to reappear as a much needed distraction?

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009

(OOC:I guess I'm going backwards a bit for Scarlet here.)

Scarlet decided to take just a pistol from Emma and slipped it into a hidden pocket in her dress.

"Adieu, Emma, and please don't tell the others I'm a pirate just yet, I have a feeling you will be needing a distraction soon." Scarlet whispered to Emma then quietly turned away from the group and began casually walking away down the diserted corridors. Trusting that the Armada Captain had not yet time to reveal Scarlet's identity, and using the commotion at the docks as cover, Scarlet calmly climbed into a gondola and crossed over to the main docks.

With none of the Armada paying any attention to her, Scarlet boarded one of the many small ships that the common Valencian people used as transports, and began to sail away in the direction of Captain Steed's Villa.

(OOC: Anybody may join Scarlet in her upcoming distraction, but I really think it should be a very small group, smaller than the rescue party.)

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
(OOC: may or may not be applicable... but if so, which Lizzy do they find? That is up to Elizabeth)

By this time the pirates knew the pattern of guard patrols well. At the precise time, they hurried to the hidden door, and pushing the plates in the pattern they had seen certain Armada soldiers use, opened it. They went down a steel spiral stair as quietly as they possibly could. To Charlotte's dismay, there were several levels here, but Kiera used the coin -carefully, so not to drain her energies- to determine the level on which Elizabeth was held.

Slipping into the halls of the correct level,first they hid. Carefully scouting in waves from the hiding place took time, but paid off. None of the Armada soldiers yet realized they were there. Watching the cycle of the guards for over an hour, the pirates observed that one stationary sentry in front of the cells would be alone for several minutes. They made their move.

The sentry was quickly taken down in silence. Charlotte grabbed the ring of keys hanging on the opposite wall, and unlocked the steel door before her. It opened with an alarmingly loud creak. It took a moment for her eyes to get adjusted from the pale light of the hall to the darkness of the inner hall, then went to each cell, standing on her toes to peek into the small barred of window of each.

In one, a young blond girl lay huddled on the cold, dank floor. Charlotte unlocked the door, and hurried to her, touching her arm gently. "Elizabeth, it's us. We're going to get you out of here." Lizzy stirred, coming awake. Charlotte bit her lip in concern as she saw Lizzy's face pinched with hunger and suffering, her eyes glassy in the dim light.

Charlotte put a flask of water and a cloth-wrapped bundle in the girl's dirty hand. "I've got the keys; I'll get you out of those shackles. That's food in the bundle - bread and Grizzleheim pemmican; dried fruit and meat." Charlotte knew what Armada prisons were like; Lizzy would be in great need of these.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Just Add Bacon on Jul 21, 2013 wrote:

“Long live The Golden Gryphon Crew! Long live The Resistance!” Human Lizzy shouted. It would have worked, if Clockwork Lizzy hadn't said it too. Both Lizzies looked near tears, and both let out another cry of exasperation. There was no winning against this imposter!

Both Lizzies cut each other sharply on the right shoulder. Although Human Lizzy was searing with pain, she knew this would happen. She looked at Keira fleetingly and pointed at the clockwork. “See! No blood! No... no blood...” but there was indeed blood from Clockwork Lizzy, which made no sense at all. Lizzy wasn't used to seeing blood... and this made her feel utterly queasy... both Lizzies wretched. How was this possible? Clockwork Lizzy wasn't Human Lizzy! She shouldn't have been throwing up, or making blood!

Both Lizzies stood up straight once more, panting, and looking defeated. They took in a deep breath and concentrated their Chi to be pure once more. Both Lizzies looked relaxed again. “Keira.” they duo said. “The coin.”

OOC: Your turn. Good luck! I know I left you in a little bit of a tight spot, but it's tight for me too. I don't really know what to do next. I'm excited to see what you guys do with it!
What does Attempted Javascript Attack with COLOR mean? I like to write everything I use on the message boards in my own writing documents, OpenOffice.org. I've been writing in it for four years and I feel most comfortable with it, so I wrote all the parts of the story in my own document and pasted it into several different posts. I hope you don't think I was stealing this writing piece from someone else. So what does that mean?

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
[OOC: Hmm. Elizabeth's action took place much faster than I expected, which is fine, but I need to wait and see what to do next. Certainly very dramatic! Okay, Elizabeth, which scenario do we go after?
(a) The double Lizzies in the prison cell - which if we don't figure it out fast, all that commotion will draw the Armada... if it hasn't done so already.

(b) The rescue of a Lizzie, which considering how easy it was to get to her (though the pirates would not realize that, attributing their success to their excellent scouting and patience) could well be the wrong one. This would delay the denoument of discovering the clockwork 'fetch' (that's what Charlotte would call it), the evil double, drawing out the plot a bit. You'd probably be playing the evil double for a bit, Elizabeth, and then action would split to both of them. Your encounter between the two Lizzies in the prison cell would still work excellently in the story line, but then there would be separation between the false and the true before the rescue party arrives on the scene... and perhaps is bamboozled by the false one (who would guess? This is not a clockwork like the others).
If you do this one, Elizabeth, consider the offering of food as a test, though Charlotte does so unintentionally (she's been a prisoner of the Armada, she knows you will need sustenance after days to walk out of there). How does the false Lizzie deal with food?

So, your call. We can do a bit of revisionist history to omit or incorporate bits, and continue...

Administrator
Just Add Bacon on Jul 22, 2013 wrote:
What does Attempted Javascript Attack with COLOR mean? I like to write everything I use on the message boards in my own writing documents, OpenOffice.org. I've been writing in it for four years and I feel most comfortable with it, so I wrote all the parts of the story in my own document and pasted it into several different posts. I hope you don't think I was stealing this writing piece from someone else. So what does that mean?
(OOC obviously) Our forums have a very difficult time when copying and pasting from word processing programs and even from cross posting from other sites like Pirate101 Central. We try to catch most of these, but they occasionally slip through. I've edited your post above, but if I may make a recommendation . . . try pasting your text into Notepad first, and then again from Notepad into our forums to remove any HTML or Word Processing formatting code that may be hiding in the background.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*