Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Spider Fight in Bucking Bronco

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 08, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Dec 16, 2013 wrote:
I think I may have missed your answer here. My profound apologies. Do you still need help? Can we reschedule? I feel terrible that I missed this. I should have done a watch on this so that I was notified of your response. My bad. So sorry for letting you down.
Oh, it`s ok,I`m lvl 44 now and I`m stuck on the 2 hour dungeon in Mooshu ,but, that`s off topic, never mind!

Lieutenant
May 24, 2009
When I came to this part, I thought of getting stronger and leveling up, but then I realized...I'm too impatient for that! I quickly came up with a solution-Get a swashbuckling buddy to kill them for me!

Have a Piratey Holiday Lvl 65

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
DrParrot on Dec 24, 2013 wrote:
When I came to this part, I thought of getting stronger and leveling up, but then I realized...I'm too impatient for that! I quickly came up with a solution-Get a swashbuckling buddy to kill them for me!

Have a Piratey Holiday Lvl 65
Dem Swashys do come in handy don't they.

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
Yep theres some ways to do it, one is to get henchman :P and the other is to do with a friend on my witchdoctor I died twice I did this at level 36, and then my level 50 friend helped me finish it.

Bosun
Aug 08, 2012
witchdoctor of awe... on Feb 27, 2014 wrote:
Yep theres some ways to do it, one is to get henchman :P and the other is to do with a friend on my witchdoctor I died twice I did this at level 36, and then my level 50 friend helped me finish it.
I think I did this solo, not sure now.

Gunner's Mate
Jun 27, 2013
I did this quest at level 40 and it was still hard. But, since I was a witchdoctor, I had plenty of tricks. The reason to my yellow health was because I was arrogant, thinking that being ahead will make me insurmountable! I was using regular attacks instead of my great powers. Well, I put on my spirit shield to protect my self and hide in shadows. Actually, Hide in Shadows is very useful for the spiders attacked the powder barrels. I laughed so hard when a spider killed it self. So, I used mojo reaver and killed the rest.

I learned a huge lesson from this - think as if every enemy can beat you. At least if they are five levels bellow.

Golden Chris Silver Level 47

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
Sierra Sunshard on Jun 10, 2013 wrote:
I don't mean to be annoying But I need help with the Spider Fight in the Bucking Bronco Quest. Heres my Issues

1. Its 3vs1 And Thats not Right without Companions

2. Why do i have to solo it? Makes no sense

3. My skill don't seem to Work, Im a 38 Musketeer and no matter what I do i lose

4. Whats the Point with that fight anyway. makes no sense and has no impact on the quest.
The numbers do make this fight tough to solo, but it's in there to challenge us. I soloed it with all classes.
I'm pretty sure you can get a higher level friend to port in and help you. It's easier to get help on pirate101 central, because there is no time lag between posting and publication of your thread. My musketeer beat the spiders mostly using traps and trick shots. as RyeKishatu2013 pointed out, There are Sparkpowder Barrels all over that battleboard. Use them in your trick shots and bomb attacks to do extra damage to the spiders. Run around the board a little, to lead the enemy onto traps (consider those barrels your traps too). Put yourself in positions that most of the enemy can't attack you the next round. KI put that fight in the game to make you think differently, so you don't win every fight the same way.
This fight was harder for my privateer than any other pirate, but all classes can do it. RyeKishatu2013's tip about the spiders attacking the barrels when you go invisible is great. They didn't do that when my pirates went through there. There's a sword with invisibility (Invisible Swordman's sword) you can get as a quest reward by completing the 3 Amigos' quest series.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Both Chris and Row4n412 have some great tips here. Perhaps you could mention them in the PHP thread?