Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

< 1% Companion Join... What does it mean?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 09, 2011
If a companion is listed as <1% to join battle, how is it that I have seen 3 "<1%" companions join in the last 5 battles, and the same <1% companion join 2 consecutive battles?

It puts the character at a severe disadvantage and is very annoying. It is unfair to expect that all companions be at the same level as the main character, as it would requiire many crowns.

Is there anyone else that has noticed this trend?

Ensign
May 11, 2010
Just to let you know, as I was leveling up i did not level my companions until they were 9 levels below me as you get 3 levels from each tome that way (so basically trying to keep them even at 9 levels below you will end you up with well over 75 tomes at level 50, and you can survive just fine. Also you do not need crowns to level your companions.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
I have noticed it, also. I think the calculations for which companions join the fight needs to be reviewed. Seems to me there is a flaw in the logic.

Captain
May 02, 2009
<1% chance means that companion has less than 1 percent chance of joining, like a 0.9% chance is less than 1% chance.

I've also experienced this. With my Buccaneer, I don't favor Musketeer companions for him, so all of his Musketeer companions (except Bonnie, Rooster, and the Mustang Gaucho) are on the second page. During an important dungeon, his watermole slingman came into the battle, twice, and he's the very last companion on my Buccaneer's list.

Lieutenant
Feb 03, 2012
This the best theory i have. All your companions with the exception of your first mate, their chances all add up to 100% so just think ofit as a giant spinning wheel everytime you enter a battle the dial spins and lands on a companion slot. Even with this it still doesn't make any sense, KI probably just does this to make us use your unwanted companions so we can better our strategies when it comes to situations we don't have our favored companions.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 06, 2011
Don't forget that random numbers are random. While it is not probable for the companions at the end of your list to be in multiple battles, it is possible. The fact that you got that companion in the last battle has no bearing on whether it appears in the next battle or not.

Captain
May 13, 2011
just means less than 1. it could be 0.444333, 0.34 or 0.255433, though that would take a bit too much effort reading just to know the percentage