Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Cannon damage

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 11, 2012
Ok so i have a galleon, and it says on the stats that the cannon damage is 36-60. But whenever I'm exchanging broadsides the damage is only 11. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Ensign
Oct 27, 2009
Every ship has cannons built in. The cannons you equip only add extra damage. Don't think of it as buying cannons for the first time, think of it as upgrading the cannons you already have .

Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
Silent Tom Sharp on Nov 18, 2012 wrote:
Ok so i have a galleon, and it says on the stats that the cannon damage is 36-60. But whenever I'm exchanging broadsides the damage is only 11. Is this a bug or am I missing something?
The only thing I can think of is armor, but armor says it adds to the health points of a ship so that doesn't seem right. Perhaps distance affects damage, you have to be so close to the ship just to attack though but it may matter some.

Ensign
Oct 11, 2012
Perhaps I need to be more specific. I do have cannons equipped. The problem is that when i pull up all of the stats for my ship, it says that the cannon damage is supposed to be between 30-60 (I know this isn't right but i'm pretty sure that it is close). The problem is that when I go into a battle with another ship the damage that my cannons do is only 11