Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The not so awesome cat ninja

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Sep 29, 2010
Ok, me and my friend did the side quest where we got the cat ninja companion. We were stoked to see she was lvl 52, but then we noticed she only had 2 epic powers and we couldn't give her anymore epics or talents. Is this a glitch or is the how it is supposed to be? I would really like her to have more moves.

~Bloody Wolf Freeman~

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
You know, talking about companions... I noticed how the companions you start with always get 2 epics upon the first promotion. The companions in the crown shop that start the game with the other classes also get their 2 epics upon their promotions.

But the later companions always get 1 epic upon promotion. They simply become ... underpowered. Which is a shame. I bought me a scorpion companion, because it is so cool. But, it is nowhere near the top of my line up because, it just does not stack up compared to my starter companion and the others.

Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
Right now that's how she should be, but don't count her out just because of that. From my experience, shiruku neko not only hits hard, but can usually block allot of melee attacks (ranged too, but not as much/often as melee). She's currently my 5th mate and she's one of my personal favorite companions in the game.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2011
As new worlds come out and we level up more, I'm sure there will be more promotions. There has to be. As it is, we are under-talented, under-criticaling, under-hitting. I don't mean just us pirates, but our companions as well. Even the first companions are lacking when it comes to fighting enemies who have more critical, block, and talents.

And don't get me started on health cards that we can use during the fights ..... oh, my!

Petty Officer
Dec 16, 2009
I think Shiruku Neko proves that Mooshu is actually based off of Japan and not China. Neko in Japanese means cat.

Community Leader
Dominooooo on Nov 21, 2012 wrote:
I think Shiruku Neko proves that Mooshu is actually based off of Japan and not China. Neko in Japanese means cat.
It seems more like an amalgam of both. "Mu shu" is mandarin cuisine, so I imagine real world china has at least some influence there

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Bosun
May 10, 2010
This game is new, the level cap is only 50, there will be new worlds, higher level caps, and companions will grow, get more epic talents.

We can't have every companion have unlimited talents off the bat, yeah it would be nice, but way too overpowered, we need the room to grow and expand.

I am sure these companions will get better as the game progresses, just give it time.

I am also sure that some companions are bugged and don't get all the talents they should and KI is looking into these and fixing them, but again, this takes time. There are many Companions that automatically start with certain talents and only get a choice of remaining talents, but those that dont start with certain talent and are limited, those are the ones that need to be fixed.

Hope this information helps.

DarthJT

Petty Officer
Dec 16, 2009
Talkin The Plank on Nov 21, 2012 wrote:
It seems more like an amalgam of both. "Mu shu" is mandarin cuisine, so I imagine real world china has at least some influence there
Probably, but I think of it more as Japan than China, since I study Chinese and I watch a lot of Japanese shows.

Ensign
Jan 03, 2011
Dominooooo on Nov 21, 2012 wrote:
Probably, but I think of it more as Japan than China, since I study Chinese and I watch a lot of Japanese shows.
It's not just Japan or China. Moo shu is pretty much based off of Asia in general. You may also noticed elements of Korea, the Mongolian empire, Indian Hinduism and much more. However there is a greater emphasis on Japanese culture, probably since it's more well known and popular...