Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Stormy weather, choppy seas, rain, typhoons

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
waves, rogue waves... etc. all needed

Community Leader
It would be fun to have some weather events that actually effected how your ship moved/fought. They already have some of this in place with the wind streams and graphically with the Typhoons and Stormgates (whirlpools). This could be a great idea for the next expansion.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Captain
Feb 27, 2009
Ya know they have weather in already in the Dark Jungle. It's a thunderstorm.

Ensign
Oct 20, 2009
I'd love to have some areas where it rained, even if it was just aesthetic.

Ensign
Nov 21, 2010
seasnake on Nov 13, 2012 wrote:
waves, rogue waves... etc. all needed
I dont think this would be a good idea

1. it already takes forever to get places (this would make it take longer)

2. its already hard enough to fight ships as it is

3. it would be even harder for younger kids to play this game with those additions

Silent Amber 46 Swashbuckler

Community Leader
Fluffy Puppy on Nov 15, 2012 wrote:

3. it would be even harder for younger kids to play this game with those additions

That's why it would make sense as part of a future expansion. If they add this feature to just the new zones, or maybe one zone and call it The Tempest or something, there's a good chance that anyone who already made it to the level cap will be able to handle a few swells while pressing buttons as soon as the cooldowns expire It's always fun to shake up the formula a bit. I prefer that kind of challenge to simple HP disparity. Let really do some player vs. environment!

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
Fluffy Puppy on Nov 15, 2012 wrote:

In a game called Pirates I'd like to feel like a pirate, not a cowboy, not an assassin, not an errand boy, but a pirate.