Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Stabby, Slashy, Spooky, Staffy, Slashy!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Sep 06, 2009
Post ANY ideas for weapons here, us pirates need some kind of inspiration! I honestly would like to add:

1) A spiky club that can shoot lightning out the end of it or smash enemies in close combat (Smashy/ Shooty)
2) A sword that can summon ghosts and/or do other spooky things (Spooky/Slashy)
3)A dagger that can let you 'dash' and move up a few extra spaces in one turn and still do x2 damage (Stabby)
4)And, last but not least, a metal staff that can summon down tons of lightning into it the top where there is an odd symbol and fire it in every direction, even though it causes some recoil damage.

These arrr some of my ideas, but I am sure you have even better, so do not be afraid to post what you would like to see in your pirate's hands!

Community Leader
I'd like to see some Whippy weapons: bullwhip, cat o' 9 tails, etc . . . Also, for smashy weapons a blackjack or billy club. For slashy weapons, I'd like them to add an off-hand broken bottle.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
I'd just be happy to have pistols in both hands at the upper levels instead of silly crossbows that don't go bang, bang, bangs. If you play musketeer and go with pistols in both hands you feel cheated and forced into using weapon choices that you don't like. I don't mind crossbows being in the game, but I do mind being forced to switch from pistols to crossbows in order to keep up damage as they feel and sound completely different and in my opinion way less exciting and fun.

Ensign
Sep 06, 2009
Talkin The Plank on Nov 1, 2012 wrote:
I'd like to see some Whippy weapons: bullwhip, cat o' 9 tails, etc . . . Also, for smashy weapons a blackjack or billy club. For slashy weapons, I'd like them to add an off-hand broken bottle.
I think that a broken bottle would be Smashy, since you kind of smash it into the enemies, also, just saying, if a broken bottle was a weapon, how would you get that many broken bottles? maybe as a Smashy power you could have a broken bottle that inflicts damage on the target, but also shatters and has splash damage

Ensign
Apr 20, 2011
Actually there is a broken bottle weapon which is designed mainly for Privateers. I recieved mine from a drop and now have it in my shared bank, oh it also has a sword with it too!

Community Leader
Enlightened One on Nov 4, 2012 wrote:
Actually there is a broken bottle weapon which is designed mainly for Privateers. I recieved mine from a drop and now have it in my shared bank, oh it also has a sword with it too!
Well, wish granted! Thanks, KI!

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Captain
May 02, 2009
kieren34 on Nov 1, 2012 wrote:
Post ANY ideas for weapons here, us pirates need some kind of inspiration! I honestly would like to add:

1) A spiky club that can shoot lightning out the end of it or smash enemies in close combat (Smashy/ Shooty)
2) A sword that can summon ghosts and/or do other spooky things (Spooky/Slashy)
3)A dagger that can let you 'dash' and move up a few extra spaces in one turn and still do x2 damage (Stabby)
4)And, last but not least, a metal staff that can summon down tons of lightning into it the top where there is an odd symbol and fire it in every direction, even though it causes some recoil damage.

These arrr some of my ideas, but I am sure you have even better, so do not be afraid to post what you would like to see in your pirate's hands!
Are you thinking of the first smashy/slahy/stabby/shooty/staffy weapon? 'cause that'd be cool. Yes, I two spiked maces, one with a blade at the end and the other has a hollow bottom and it is all covered in mystic symbols

Developer
seasnake on Nov 3, 2012 wrote:
I'd just be happy to have pistols in both hands at the upper levels instead of silly crossbows that don't go bang, bang, bangs. If you play musketeer and go with pistols in both hands you feel cheated and forced into using weapon choices that you don't like. I don't mind crossbows being in the game, but I do mind being forced to switch from pistols to crossbows in order to keep up damage as they feel and sound completely different and in my opinion way less exciting and fun.
That's a good point, I'll review my assets and see what I can do.

I know there's pistols in Mooshu... Maybe I just didn't make a pistol/pistol combo.

Easily fixed-- but it certainly won't make our next content update. You might have to () be patient.

Community Leader
I would like to see a staffy/stabby or staffy/smashy combo for Witchdoctors. The "stabby" could be a sharpened point on the bottom end of the staff, use the top to cast spells then turn around and stab with the other end. A heavy staff would work well for staffy/smashy, the "smash" part would use the staff like Kan Po's quarterstaff to hit enemies up close.

Chatroom Moderator - Pieces of Eight Radio
Ensign
Feb 01, 2011
Ensign
May 17, 2011
A weapon that is all types should be available in the crown shop. IMAGINE THE AWESOME! I'm thinking a spear (smashy) with a skull near the top (spooky) , the other end a long thin blade (stabby), with a wand that looks like a snake on it somewhere in the middle or maybe even winding around it (staffy), a a smaller and more awesome version of the cutthroat sword or maybe something like fin's cutters being held in the snake's mouth (slashy), and of course a musket or hand gun strapped on so the top of it rests right below the spear point (shooty).

1. The swasbuckler/muskateer version (all versions look alike but this one would get a bonus from AGILITY): Noble's Honor
2. The privateer/bucaneer version: (bonus from STRENGTH): Hero's Glory
3. The witchdoctor version: (bonus from will) Loyal's Pride

I have no idea what the animations would be, but honestly, think of the damage, the beauty, the insane amount of crowns and high level cap you would need... heh heh. Anyway, this is pretty much my dream weapon!

-Dark Amber
(the names would probably get switched around a bit. Agility one could be Hero's Glory and the strength one might be Noble's Honor, but Loyal's Pride for the will one really seems to fit...)

Community Leader
There is a cat o' 9 tails in the game already! the Prison guard you fight during the mission to recue Mustang Sally is holding one. Don't know if there is one the players can get, but it's good to see that all of my great ideas are already in the game!

Lieutenant
Jun 16, 2009
I would like to see a powerful shooty/staby weapon. There are a few in the game now, but none really worth using.

Ensign
Oct 01, 2010
I've seen a Privateer main weapon of Smashy/Slashy which includes a sword (Slashy) and shield (Smashy). This slightly gets me thinking: how about anothing weapon inplace of that sword, to make it a Smashy/Stabby (knife and shield), Smashy/Shooty (pistol and shield, or maybe a Smashy/Staffy (staff and shield). That might be quite an interesting combo to see.

See ye all in the Spiral and Skyways:
Pirate101: Humble Jack Jackson, lvl 11Buccaneer
Wizard101: Paul Legenddreamer, lvl 79 death
Jack Legenddreamer, lvl 53 balance
Aedan Legenddreamer, lvl 37 fire

Ensign
Nov 07, 2012
i had some similar ideas to those already mentioned. I would like to see things like, maybe Bonnie Anne's gun, like a shooty/staffy weapon. Shooty for obvious reasons, but also staffy to give it like a rifle-butt attack, or just plain ol' using that big rifle like a baseball bat. How about some kind of ridiculously large gauntlet (spiked?) for perhaps a stabby/smashy? And this may just be me, but i got the captains hook not too long ago, and when i got it i loved it. I still do but only for the cosmetic aspect. It's still a good weapon but not as good as some others. And i Hate it! That hook is AWESOME! Having grown up watching movies like "Hook", I almost don't care that i do less damage, i just cant let go of this hook! I dunno, but I really hope there are more awesome hook's down the line....

Ensign
May 28, 2009
Here's a few that might also be cool.

Gunblades- a combo of two stabby or slashy swords with double pistols. Would also allow both melee and ranged attacks in the same way as the sword and pistol sets.

Sword canes- this would be a stabby/smashy set that's held like a "wand" out of battle, then in a fight you would draw it [think the samoori companion for buccaneers] and use it as both a club and a sword.

Inventions/blasters- a new gun type that is basicaly a large shooty weapon, but with the spooky or staffy trait in that they can do area damage and may have extra cards or use weird energies. Think lightning cannons or flamethrowers.

Throwing knife sets- a pair of stabby knives with the knife throwing power. Even better if any class can use them.

Gattling pisols- basic double pistols, but with lots of barrels, and mabye animate to spin when fired.

Multi-site rifle- kind of like the one used by Fisheye, or the one used in Tim Burton's Sleepy Hollow with an extra lense in front of the site.

Ensign
Nov 07, 2012
That invention/blasters idea is awesome! Given the common era for the "traditional" pirates we see mostly, the area for new discoveries and inventions is amazingly large. You could go anywhere with that idea, and possibly bring Pirate101 to a whole new level! Good form matey, and great idea!!!

Ensign
Dec 30, 2011
how about a naginata? for a slashy/stabby weapon. there are two versions i know of. a single bladed with a longer staff, or a double bladed one with a slightly smaller staff for the handle. the blades are curved and can be used for slashing or thrusting/stabbing. would be awesome for the mooshu area.

Ensign
Jun 27, 2009
R3grET on Dec 4, 2012 wrote:
That invention/blasters idea is awesome! Given the common era for the "traditional" pirates we see mostly, the area for new discoveries and inventions is amazingly large. You could go anywhere with that idea, and possibly bring Pirate101 to a whole new level! Good form matey, and great idea!!!
So far as a Buck I have been pretty pleased with the available offerings of weapons and class of weapons.

One of the things I would suggest to the KI team is to adjust the "damage range" of weapons to a more narrow window. With all of the modifiers that seem to go into figuring damage, there are plenty of ways your damage is given variety. I am not quite sure about some of the other classes, but such a wide margin is a bit underwhelming for Bucks who lack a solid damage multiplier stat native to their class. Even closing the gap by 10-20 percent at least at higher levels would be a significant improvement.

As far as future weapon ideas, check out victorian and pre-victorian European revolvers, especially some of the pepperbox models, the LeMat, the duck foot or deck-sweeper, and various volley guns... and the holy-water-sprinkler. I would not be surprised if I saw them equipped with them in some expansion, or rather I guess I would be... for no one expects the Monquisition!