Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What ship should I buy?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 18, 2012
I have the pirate raft and skiff you get for quests and have just got to Monquista.I have the gold to buy almost any ship but not sure which one to buy. I know that good parts can be hard to find and I think that there aren't any vendors that sell parts for galleons.

Lieutenant
Jan 29, 2010
There are certain ships that you will get as part of quests at different points in the game. The next one you will get from a quest is the Monquista skiff (from Hooktail). If you can manage it, try to use your current ship until you get the new ship from the quest. You can always ask for help from other players if you need it.

Community Leader
Theepicninja526 on Oct 31, 2012 wrote:
I have the pirate raft and skiff you get for quests and have just got to Monquista.I have the gold to buy almost any ship but not sure which one to buy. I know that good parts can be hard to find and I think that there aren't any vendors that sell parts for galleons.
One thing to keep in mind, you will be given a Monquistan Skiff as you complete Monquista...
I usually hold out buying a ship until I get to Cool Ranch, and then get a frigate, or galleon.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Community Leader
The Pirate Galleon vendors - one for ships and another for parts - are in the docks at Scrimshaw.

Chatroom Moderator - Pieces of Eight Radio
Captain
Feb 27, 2009
Dr Zeppers on Oct 31, 2012 wrote:
One thing to keep in mind, you will be given a Monquistan Skiff as you complete Monquista...
I usually hold out buying a ship until I get to Cool Ranch, and then get a frigate, or galleon.
Thnx so much. I was wondering where you get that ship from.
Jacob Freeman now lvl 15

Ensign
Jun 06, 2009
I finished Monquista and I never met Hooktail. I also never got any free ship and I bought my own!

Daniel Chamberlain (I think) Level 16 Swashbuckler

Ensign
Jun 06, 2011
Hooktail is not in monquista, he is in puerto mico when you are trying to go to Valencia ( the chapter after monquista

Petty Officer
Jun 09, 2009
Wait until you finish Monquista
You get a Monquistan Skiff right before you go to Avernus
After you finish Valencia, you go to Cool Ranch. Then you buy the Bison Skiff, or keep your ship and save your money for a Bison Frigate (you can buy it in the bison village)

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
I recommend the Bison Frigate when you get to Cool Ranch. You can survive with the Monquistador Skiff until you are able to get to Big Sky and, if level 20, buy the Bison Frigate at Bison Village. Haven't got the Bison Galleon yet, so I can't comment on that yet. The ships below Galleons seem to have faster recharge rates on weapons and repair.

Lieutenant
Mar 30, 2011
well i didnt really want a ship till i was like 29

Ensign
Jun 23, 2013
Ok, the place that is built inside a Batacuda skeliten has a Galleon for about 8'000 gold. Pick that one!

Musketeer OUT!

Ensign
Aug 09, 2013
Slippy64653 on Feb 2, 2013 wrote:
I finished Monquista and I never met Hooktail. I also never got any free ship and I bought my own!

Daniel Chamberlain (I think) Level 16 Swashbuckler
ok bro first chill out you first have to get don with monquista and then go back to peurto mico then there you talk about going to Valencia and as soon as you get done fiddling around with his quests you get a ship from him