Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Can we trash the companions we don't want

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
I'd like to permanently trash some companions that I don't want on my character and hate having on my character. I'd like to trash them and not see them ever again.

Community Leader
seasnake on Oct 12, 2012 wrote:
I'd like to permanently trash some companions that I don't want on my character and hate having on my character. I'd like to trash them and not see them ever again.
Companion management is one of the main aspects of the game.

I dont think they will incorporate further control over who will show up in our battles, etc as that would defeat the aspect of companion management (allowing us to pick only the ones we wanted).

I would recommend moving the unwanted companions to the end of your companion list, so your number of encounters with them will be as limited as possible.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
KI has already stated that they'll never add the ability to remove a companion from your crew. If you want to avoid having "weak" companions, then I would suggest training them so they'll be stronger like your other companions.

Ensign
Jan 11, 2012
oh dear, that sounds horrible!. maybe store them in a tavern or something...less harsh. some of them are people to ya know.

-Elfrun ~activist for companion rights.~!

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Nope, all you can do is move them as far to the right as possible. This reduces their chance of appearing, but you can never get rid of them altogether.

Petty Officer
Mar 18, 2009
Willowydream on Oct 12, 2012 wrote:
Nope, all you can do is move them as far to the right as possible. This reduces their chance of appearing, but you can never get rid of them altogether.
You can also leave them defeated (instead of reviving them at Life Fountains), so they never show up in battle. However, Willowdreamer is correct, KI has indicated permanently removing companions is not going to be an option right now. The storyline (and narration) depends upon certain companions being in your crew.