Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Where to Find Quests?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 27, 2010
I did all the quests at Skull Island and went to see Captain Ahab, but the only quest he gave me is a group quest (the Vortex of Doom). Are there any other quests for level 6?

Bosun
May 10, 2010
It is not a group quest, you can solo it. The Vortex of Doom is a main story line quest and once you finish that quest, more quests and side quests will open up for you.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
The Vortex of Doom does not have to be a group quest. In fact, from what other players have said, it is easier when you do it solo because there a less Sharks to attack the fisherman you are supposed to save and he doesn't get killed before you can attack. Good luck.

Ensign
Jan 25, 2010
Don't sweat the "group" warning going into those types of quests. If you are up to level (and you probably are if there are no other quests), you will be able to handle the vortex without a group. I believe the warning means that two or more different ships can't enter together unless they have agreed to be a group. They would go in at the same time, but fight individually (I could be wrong on that, but not on the fact that you can take that quest on your own).

Developer
Drustorm on Oct 11, 2012 wrote:
I did all the quests at Skull Island and went to see Captain Ahab, but the only quest he gave me is a group quest (the Vortex of Doom). Are there any other quests for level 6?
Fearless Pirate Jeff has an answer for you:

"Captain Ahab gives the player "The Most Dangerous Catch" which can be completed by a solo player. You may be led to believe a vortex is group content because of the warning on entry. This warning is trying to communicate that any non-grouped players (stowaways) on the ship will be teleported back to the last life fountain if the ship enters that vortex. "

Pirate101 Associate Producer