Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Summons n Pets why do they attack what ?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jul 11, 2009
Could someone at Kings Isle please explain HOW a pet or a summon determines what enemy on the board it is going after?

It is very clear that they do not attack the nearest / or the weakest each round

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
I am not from KI but it seems to be very random. I usually have a Silver Buffaloon level 55 as my pet because he grants Jobu's Breath. Usually he attacks the weakest (least HP) of the enemies if he can reach them, but not always. Sometimes he can't reach them and other times it seems to be a random attack. Since we can't control who our pets attack or where their attack takes place (my pet always seems to get in the way), we just have to figure out how to use them. One way I try to take advantage of what Battle Board square the pet occupies is to use a companion that has the Flanking talent since this can allow two or more attacks in one turn (Relentless and Blade Storm help immensely).

Good Luck!

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
Assuming they attack the same way that enemies due, then they probably work like this:

The AI assesses all of its possible moves, then immediately throws out the bottom (worst) half of those moves. It then picks randomly from among the remaining moves. We have the ability to make some enemies "smarter" to choose moves closer to the top of the list. Some enemies choose on a bell curve so that they're more likely to choose something from the middle of the list than they are to pick the best choice or the worst remaining choice.

"Best Move" uses some complicated math to ultimately make a pretty simple assessment-- how's my team doing? how's their team doing? What's the best thing I can do to improve my team and degrade their team?

This is how Ratbeard responded to another post.

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
also when the last enemy has around 1 health or something why don't they attack it? it just doesn't make sense