Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Best class for soloing?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 06, 2012
I finally hit max level ( Yay! ) and I'm making a new character, and may even do a questing series on him. Anyways, I found out that musketeer is not a very good solo class. Of the other 4 classes, which one is the best solo class? I'm leaning toward witchdoctor or buccaneer, but I'm not sure.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
In my opinon, may I recommend the buccaneer class. This class is excellent for soloing, belive it or not as a buccaneer this was the easiest class to work with in my opinon. But feel free to try the other classes, to see witch class works best.

Petty Officer
Aug 30, 2014
Brian GoldenShade on Apr 11, 2015 wrote:
I finally hit max level ( Yay! ) and I'm making a new character, and may even do a questing series on him. Anyways, I found out that musketeer is not a very good solo class. Of the other 4 classes, which one is the best solo class? I'm leaning toward witchdoctor or buccaneer, but I'm not sure.
Ahoy

Ok. So I have a buccaneer account and I did mostly everything solo, except when I was a low level. Anyway I recommend Buccaneer, because they do a lot of damage, Witchdoctor, because you can have big range and powerful spells, or Privateer, because you can heal if your health is almost gone. Also Congrats On Your Musketeer Got Max Level!

Erin

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
all classes are good but i find bucs and swashes to be better for soloing

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Really? I found musket very good for soloing. Witchdoctor and Buccaneer are also very good for soloing, my personal favorite is Swashbuckler; but if you want the absolute best class for soloing then I would chose Privateer- strong buffs, heals and a lot of companions make this class the best ( IMO ).

Lieutenant
Feb 14, 2014
If you want to solo a witch, your going to need a lot of work put in to them. They are a hard class to solo with, but it reaps it's rewards. I've never done a buccaneer so I don't know if that is a good class or not. In the end it's what ever you want.

Catherine Read- Lvl 65
Erica Reade- Lvl 27

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Here is my experience:

No real problems: swashies, muskies and privateers
More difficult, but not too bad: buckies
Hardest: witchies

Although to some extent, I think it is a factor of the equipment you have more than the innate abilities of the classes. My first solo bucky struggled a lot in the mid-range (roughly 35 to 50); my second has sailed through to 55 without a hitch, but has been luckier picking up kit with healing.

The only witchey I have at 65 was part of a team, so her career isn't really relevant. My solo witchey, running parallel to a solo muskey, a solo bucky and a solo privateer (I took turns running them, for comparative purposes), had much more trouble than the other classes. The problem is primarily on ships or other places where there are small battle areas: the witchey just can't stand up to pounding, and the enemy usually goes for him first. The musky in theory has the same problem, but muskies are the most accurate people around.... and witchies are the most inaccurate. In close quarters fights, those few extra fizzles/misses make a difference.

-Indigo

Lieutenant
Mar 30, 2011
Swashbuckler. Its self made best solo class

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
I'd say Swash. I've only maxed once but I'm working on a Buccaneer(lvl:17) and a Witchdoctor(lvl:13). I can say I didn't have a lot of difficulty soloing with my Swash. Having Subodai as a starting companion is great. He's durable and comes with vengeance strike. Also, I had no trouble before Fan and the Bazaar, and I say those two things help a lot. Though to be fair, they introduced Advanced Companions after I had maxed so not having bed rest made my life a ton easier.

My witchdoctor is having a harder time, but still is holding up well. I'd say get companions with hold the line so you can hit enemies without worrying about them rushing you.

My buccaneer is having a very easy time. I lose a few companions but that's just life. I haven't lost a battle yet. Also, Peter Quint in the only companion to have the 100% stat boost(Whale's Might) at level 49. The other's only get or retain the 75% stat boost(Cloud Spirit & Steadying Speech). That could go either way though since WM only lasts 3 rounds while the others last 5 rounds.

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
anecorbie on Apr 12, 2015 wrote:
Really? I found musket very good for soloing. Witchdoctor and Buccaneer are also very good for soloing, my personal favorite is Swashbuckler; but if you want the absolute best class for soloing then I would chose Privateer- strong buffs, heals and a lot of companions make this class the best ( IMO ).
Indeed. Musketeers are REALLY good for solo runs, as they get good companions and excellent moves. Any of the Mortarshell moves are DEVASTATING if used on a group of 5 or more enemies. Then, just boat up your agility, and watch your enemies fall!