Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Your Pirates style and taste in cloths

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 06, 2014
At first I had some trouble finding my pirates taste in cloths. I bought a lot of cloths and tried a lot of different styles but I finally found my style. And I noticed That the character of a pirate like whether your a privateer or a buccaneer really matters. so finally I chose Marley bone general kind of style. I hope you can find your style.

- Gruesome Flint Morgan

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Welcome to the Message Boards, Gruesome Flint Morgan ( perfect piratin' name, btw! ) Yes, I believe style is very important to our pirates ( especially swashbucklers ). Personally I prefer the Skull Island ( traditional pirate ) style of clothing. I have seen many others in clothes ranging from Cool Ranch to Aquila and all look truly stylish!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Welcome aboard Flint, nice to have you join us.

I think style is something that a lot of pirates take to heart. I've often seen a pirate wearing a nifty set of attire and thought to myself "now that is one dashingly, well-dressed pirate". Some dress for style and some dress as a badge of honor to display their hard work from farming. Unfortunately, my pirate's style is slightly a bit "different"-- you could say it's sort of a mix of The Wizard of Oz meets Big Trouble in Little China.

Currently, I have General Tso's full attire equipped (including his blade stitched with Axe of Minotaur Lords), just because I thought it looked simply MOOvelous-- well I've been told by others that it looks udderly ridiculous as well...but I kind of like that too.

KI did a great job of coming up with different styles of "fashion" for each world and I rather enjoy mixing it up and swapping out my "last world duds" for the "Helloooo new world attire". It makes for a nice change of pace and it's just fun to try out the different looks the game has to offer. I too like that Marleybonian look though, and I stuck with it for some time before putting it to pasture for my current, "cow of a different color look". With so much to choose from, it's pretty easy to look our bests!

Again welcome to the message boards!

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Howdie, Grusome Flint. Fun question.

Is does vary a fair amount with my pirates. I have one who has always been a bit of a fancy dresser, who is currently all garbed up to look like Rook, and a privateer decked out in the garb from the hoodoo bundle. But most wear an eclectic, but generally coordinated, outfit. Stitching is pretty cheap, and a captain should always look sharp for his or her crew. As a general rule, my pirates lean heavily toward Skull Island and Marlybonian garb, and avoid Cool Ranch and Mooshoo garb.

My favorite outfit in the game so far is Blood's coat. Independent of its powers (which are very useful), it is a sharp coat. I like the boots too, but have not been able to lay my hands on them yet. I do have the hat, but it looks a bit goofy.

-Indigo

Gunner's Mate
Nov 14, 2013
Grusome Flint Morg... on Feb 8, 2015 wrote:
At first I had some trouble finding my pirates taste in cloths. I bought a lot of cloths and tried a lot of different styles but I finally found my style. And I noticed That the character of a pirate like whether your a privateer or a buccaneer really matters. so finally I chose Marley bone general kind of style. I hope you can find your style.

- Gruesome Flint Morgan
welcome to message boards I like your style taste my privy has the same style

Lieutenant
Dec 15, 2012
I'm a huge fan of many characters from certain videogames with their own color scheme. One of these is Professor Layton from a ds game series by the same name. His outfit is always the same, brown top hat with a red or orange (can never tell) band, brown overcoat with an orange undershirt, brown pants, and lastly, grey shoes. I also like Karai from tmnt (mainly the 2012 version of her) her outfit is awesome with her armor with black undershirt and I'm trying to get more skrip so I can get a mask like hers but I don't really know how to get skrip I heard that you defeat ships around marleybone but I've done a whole lot of that and I haven't even gotten one :( some help would be greatly appreciated.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
I favor clothes from Marleybone and Rooke's attire. My red coat actually belonged to my father before he was killed in the service of Marleybone's marine's in the land of Krokotopia by the armada. During his service in Krokotopia he met my mother. After he was killed my mother sent me to Marleybone City for education. She wanted me to be safe. Yet the call of battle and glory was too much and I enlisted in the Royal Navy.....Sorry mum what can I say?

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Lieutenant
Feb 14, 2014
I'm a witchdoctor and I've taken a liking to the Aquilan and Marlebonian style, of witchdoctor clothing. I really like the Marlebonian turban and dress, it reminds me of what Mirage or Rajah style clothing would look like. Style is very important, and having a good sense of fashion can be quite handy when looking good in battle, not just the battle part, but the way you look.

Catherine Read

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
Me, I prefer the smuggler look at the Black Market it be one of me favorite clothing in Skull Island, makes me look a Bounty Hunter I be a big fan of those.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Welcome to the Message Boards, Flint! Glad to have you join us.

I personally favor Skull Island clothing because of the true piratey feel it has, and it matches my Swashbuckler very well. I plan on putting my Privateer and Buccaneer in Marleybone gear, and my Musketeer is destined to wear a Cool Ranch outfit. I haven't picked anything out for my Witchdoctor yet, but she'll be wearing something...hoodoo-y (Is that a word? It is now.), most likely from MooShu.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Bonjour, and welcome to the Message boards,

My two main pirates (which I think of as sisters (okay, I'm weird)) have rather different tastes in style.
Red Scarlet Kidd, prefers the well tailored suits of a Marleybonean Royal Navey Officer, combined with a decent pair of leather boots, and a nice wide brimed floppy hat. (Every girl needs a floppy hat right?)

My other pirate, Jenny who happens to be a musketeer (unlike her swashbuckling older sister) muchly more favours the traditional piraty outfits of Skull Island. She usually runs about wearing the long leather coats of the Dog Privateers, combined with either a black tricorne, or a simple black bandana. Although she too owns a nice floppy hat, with the brim pinned up at the side (so she can still see when firing her sparklocks).

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009

- Gruesome Flint Morgan
Yay! Another privy!
I like ninja with armor, full onroman leader (with the cape thingy), marleyboneish things (I can make good outfits with those), and I like most of Skull Island's wear.
I like many styles bascally.

Captain
May 16, 2011
My main pirate - Modest Hank Ironside - wears classic pirate garb, with a nice, stitched feathered hat(whatever it's called, as I'm such a derp.). I have yet to find the perfect boots to stitch with my Tower Boots, but it's only a matter of time. Once, he wore the full Duck Dy- Duck of Death set, but I don't know where that is.

Cheers!

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
CdeWinter on Feb 10, 2015 wrote:
Bonjour, and welcome to the Message boards,

My two main pirates (which I think of as sisters (okay, I'm weird)) have rather different tastes in style.
Red Scarlet Kidd, prefers the well tailored suits of a Marleybonean Royal Navey Officer, combined with a decent pair of leather boots, and a nice wide brimed floppy hat. (Every girl needs a floppy hat right?)

My other pirate, Jenny who happens to be a musketeer (unlike her swashbuckling older sister) muchly more favours the traditional piraty outfits of Skull Island. She usually runs about wearing the long leather coats of the Dog Privateers, combined with either a black tricorne, or a simple black bandana. Although she too owns a nice floppy hat, with the brim pinned up at the side (so she can still see when firing her sparklocks).
Scarlet dresses like the Scarlet Pimpernel then?
Cool.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
noahdd on Mar 20, 2015 wrote:
Scarlet dresses like the Scarlet Pimpernel then?
Cool.
Perhaps she does. But not so much red, it would definitely clash with her hair.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
CdeWinter on Mar 20, 2015 wrote:
Perhaps she does. But not so much red, it would definitely clash with her hair.
They seek her here,
They seek her there,
Those Clockworks seek her everywhere,
They wish to capture,
And from the Spiral to rid,
That darned, elusive
Red Scarlet Kidd!

Ensign
May 16, 2014
I wear the Red Fox look.

Noble Alexandria

Ensign
Feb 17, 2009
Just so many looks to choose from! It's the levels ,Powers/stats That vary, so what I do save all my favorite LOOKS and Stitch Later with the Powers/Stats I Like best! That way I make a Collection those outfits I like best for Permanent Keeps!

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
My favorite pirate style are those lovely 18th C. style suits that you find mostly in Skull Island and Port Regal, as they do have the perfect pirate-y feel (as others have said). Also, I am very keen on 18th C. clothes, and love to see them.

Though, over time, my girls have decided their own tastes in their pirating career. Anne keeps to the 18th C. gentleman's suit style, except when she wants to be more girly and dons a pretty Mooshu tunic fastened with contrasting colored ribbons. And, although it really is of a bit later inspiration (Regency England), she does like to wear Captain Swing's jacket... really like those lace frills at the cuffs and neckstock (cravat).

But Genevieve, my buccaneer, wears a steel breastplate and tunic from Marleybone, and this combined with her slouchy boots and big floppy hat (with a feather!) gives her very much a 17th C., 'Three Musketeers' sort of look. Charlotte, the privateer, looks particularly commanding in Aquilian armor, with her purple cape swishing behind her. Anneke, the witchdoctor, likes the robes and turbans of Marleybone/Aquila (though she wishes the turban didn't make her look bald!) but her favorite are the pretty Mooshu tunics and fanciful headwear (she loves fanciful headwear). Maria, my musketeer, fancied Cool Ranch for quite some time (a bit surprising, as the 19th C. style isn't my favorite, but it really suited her), though right now she is wearing Aquilan banded armor.

But, like Scarlet's characters, they all wear big 17th C. style hats with feathers (although that's also an 18th C. style for women, so it works!). And.. earrings. Yep.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
"...she does like to wear Captain Swing's jacket..."

Anne, is that the "Luddite's Clobber"? It looks interesting, but can it be dyed? (Capt. Swing has dubious color sense).

-Indigo

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
One of my mid-level privateers, Brianna Donnelly, is going for the whole "Battle Angel" look.

-Indigo

Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
I, of course, being the fashion plate of the Seven Skies, find that the Marleybone style suits my personality the best (so far).

Now where did I put my pants?

RATBEARD! You'd better not have run them up the mast again!! Ratbeard! Get them down this minute!

Captain
Oct 16, 2012

- Gruesome Flint Morgan
My favorite style is the style of Mooshu, as I am dressed as a standard bearer and I am armed with the Novablaster.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Indigo Ring on Mar 28, 2015 wrote:
"...she does like to wear Captain Swing's jacket..."

Anne, is that the "Luddite's Clobber"? It looks interesting, but can it be dyed? (Capt. Swing has dubious color sense).

-Indigo
Yes, it is the Luddite's set, as it happens. And I know what you mean about Captain Swing's dubious color sense... those red plaid pants against the purple jacket & (presumably) waistcoat... oof... So why does my picky fashion-plate of a pirate girl wear those red plaid breeches? The wool flannel of the plaid must be very comfortable, I think, and perhaps with lots of useful, secretive pockets.

But the jacket! Purple satin brocade (take a look at the texture!) with frilly sleeve cuffs and a nicely formed cravat... now that is stylish (especially for one who loves purple. Like me.) And though Captain Swing grumblingly handed over his hat, I prefer to wear with the ensemble my usual big floppy late 18th C. woman's style hat - purple, with a purple feather - which goes quite well with it in a most pirate-y sort of way.