Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Practice Points

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 15, 2012
I've been searching the central forums looking for suggestions on how other players have spent their practice points. I'm a level sixty five buccaneer with 4 extra practice points acquired through Zeke's quests, and I'm not really sure which epics or talents would help me out the most in combat.

I currently have used my points on: the entire privateer healing sequence (rouse, valor's shield, gunnery, calm the troops, and refresh), All of the witchdoctor buff sequence except juju (ghostwail, mojo strike, hoodoo touch, and jobu's breath), and All of the swashbuckler sneaky sequence (sneak attack, walk in the shadows, and hurl knife.)

I was thinking about getting the Agility sequence (snap shot, claw trap, barricade, and wind spirit) because the trap and barricade would inflict more damage on the enemy before i had to do most from a short distance, but snap shot would be a waste of a practice point because i dont use a musketeer weapon. (and its required for the others stuff)

Also, the dodge sequence for swashbucklers is useful but it requires more than four practice points to complete, so idk if i should start but not finish it.

If you have any suggestions, or are very pleased with the way you've spent your points, please let me know. (you don't have to be a buccaneer)

Thank you

Gunner's Mate
May 13, 2009
I have used only two or three of my practice points, since I feel that there are very few trainable powers and talents that would help me. For you, I would reccomend saving those practice points for the future when new trainable powers and talents come in the game. I bet some big things will be coming in the next few months. If you want to spend them now, well, I am not too sure what you want.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Captain Scott on Dec 27, 2014 wrote:
I've been searching the central forums looking for suggestions on how other players have spent their practice points. I'm a level sixty five buccaneer with 4 extra practice points acquired through Zeke's quests, and I'm not really sure which epics or talents would help me out the most in combat.

I currently have used my points on: the entire privateer healing sequence (rouse, valor's shield, gunnery, calm the troops, and refresh), All of the witchdoctor buff sequence except juju (ghostwail, mojo strike, hoodoo touch, and jobu's breath), and All of the swashbuckler sneaky sequence (sneak attack, walk in the shadows, and hurl knife.)

I was thinking about getting the Agility sequence (snap shot, claw trap, barricade, and wind spirit) because the trap and barricade would inflict more damage on the enemy before i had to do most from a short distance, but snap shot would be a waste of a practice point because i dont use a musketeer weapon. (and its required for the others stuff)

Also, the dodge sequence for swashbucklers is useful but it requires more than four practice points to complete, so idk if i should start but not finish it.

If you have any suggestions, or are very pleased with the way you've spent your points, please let me know. (you don't have to be a buccaneer)

Thank you
Hi Scott, welcome to the message boards.
I too have some extra practice points but I am hanging onto mine just to see if there will be more options in the next expansion. Then I will be thinking right along your lines.

Ensign
Dec 15, 2012
Good points from both of you. Hopefully we won't be waiting too much longer for the update. Thank you for your responses!