Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Minigame Revamp

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
May 13, 2009
The Minigames give items that are usually not worth while, little gold, low quality graphically and hacked highscores. Many pirates do not touch minigames at all including myself.
I love the concept of minigames in a game, but the quality of the experience is lackluster. There are many improvements that could be made:

• Higher resolution
  • Better rewards (more self class gear)
  • Badges for performance
  • Minigames during Team Up! (While waiting for a team, you can play a minigame. The game pauses when a team is found and can be finished later)
  • 2 Player Minigames(Minigames that involve multiple pirates to work together, meaning better rewards & fun)
  • Bigger drop table: Pet snacks, pets, doubloons, elixirs

Thats all that I can think of. I am hoping for 2 player minigames the most. Never stop a pirate from dreaming. Give me a yar if you like these ideas.

Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
I agree. In fact, I don't even play the minigames in the taverns. The only reason I might play it would be to fill up my potion but finding yum-yum fruit is so much easier.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
EMC99 on Sep 27, 2014 wrote:
The Minigames give items that are usually not worth while, little gold, low quality graphically and hacked highscores. Many pirates do not touch minigames at all including myself.
I love the concept of minigames in a game, but the quality of the experience is lackluster. There are many improvements that could be made:

• Higher resolution
  • Better rewards (more self class gear)
  • Badges for performance
  • Minigames during Team Up! (While waiting for a team, you can play a minigame. The game pauses when a team is found and can be finished later)
  • 2 Player Minigames(Minigames that involve multiple pirates to work together, meaning better rewards & fun)
  • Bigger drop table: Pet snacks, pets, doubloons, elixirs

Thats all that I can think of. I am hoping for 2 player minigames the most. Never stop a pirate from dreaming. Give me a yar if you like these ideas.
Oh, I agree EMC99. I used to play the mini-games every so often just to get some quick gold-- especially the Rogue's Range, which only took a few minutes to get to level 8 or 9 and would reward you with around10,000 gold (from actual gold and selling 1 piece of pirate gear and 1 piece of ship equipment).

Nowadays though, there's just too many ways to get decent gold. You have quick chest farming, The Tower, putting the Sandman to sleep, companion tasks to receive gold or sell items and even pet training to produce gear to sell at a nice price. It appears that the mini-games have lost the little bit of appeal, that they possibly once had. I would think that a lot of younger players may still play them-- I know that my son likes to check them out almost every time that he logs in.

But I do agree that they could be spruced up a little bit and that the rewards need to be upgraded a tad to make them more enticing for many older players to even consider playing them. I like your idea of adding class specific gear and/or maybe even some of the 'generic' tower gear (w/ powers) could occasionally be rewarded from reaching high levels in a given game. And "Badges.....we don't need no stinkin' badges!" -- oh, sorry I couldn't resist! I think badges are a good idea too, because there are a lot of players that like to collect badges and obtain that 'total completion' feeling of accomplishment, that comes from acquiring all of the game's badges. That may draw more players to the mini-games.

Also, I think your Multiplayer Mini-games is quite an interesting idea and would add some fun to the mix. I do agree that with all the new changes and additions to the game system, that items such as Pet Snacks/Gear and possibly pets and doubloons, occasionally being rewarded would be a very welcomed addition to the mini-game rewards. It would give solo-players, or players that are on when the Spiral is pretty empty, a means and way to acquire doubloons-- although, I suppose that may stray from KI's concept of using doubloons and GPC's as a way to promote group play.

But I think you have some pretty good ideas to at least open up the topic of improved mini-games for discussion. I certainly would not want KI to focus on the mini-games instead of the actual game and new worlds and content. But.....if it is something they could address without affecting the progression of the game itself, I think it would be pretty neat to see some updates, changes and improvements done to the mini-games.

I know that my son would surely love it....and more than likely- me as well.

Gunner's Mate
May 13, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Oct 21, 2014 wrote:
Oh, I agree EMC99. I used to play the mini-games every so often just to get some quick gold-- especially the Rogue's Range, which only took a few minutes to get to level 8 or 9 and would reward you with around10,000 gold (from actual gold and selling 1 piece of pirate gear and 1 piece of ship equipment).

Nowadays though, there's just too many ways to get decent gold. You have quick chest farming, The Tower, putting the Sandman to sleep, companion tasks to receive gold or sell items and even pet training to produce gear to sell at a nice price. It appears that the mini-games have lost the little bit of appeal, that they possibly once had. I would think that a lot of younger players may still play them-- I know that my son likes to check them out almost every time that he logs in.

But I do agree that they could be spruced up a little bit and that the rewards need to be upgraded a tad to make them more enticing for many older players to even consider playing them. I like your idea of adding class specific gear and/or maybe even some of the 'generic' tower gear (w/ powers) could occasionally be rewarded from reaching high levels in a given game. And "Badges.....we don't need no stinkin' badges!" -- oh, sorry I couldn't resist! I think badges are a good idea too, because there are a lot of players that like to collect badges and obtain that 'total completion' feeling of accomplishment, that comes from acquiring all of the game's badges. That may draw more players to the mini-games.

Also, I think your Multiplayer Mini-games is quite an interesting idea and would add some fun to the mix. I do agree that with all the new changes and additions to the game system, that items such as Pet Snacks/Gear and possibly pets and doubloons, occasionally being rewarded would be a very welcomed addition to the mini-game rewards. It would give solo-players, or players that are on when the Spiral is pretty empty, a means and way to acquire doubloons-- although, I suppose that may stray from KI's concept of using doubloons and GPC's as a way to promote group play.

But I think you have some pretty good ideas to at least open up the topic of improved mini-games for discussion. I certainly would not want KI to focus on the mini-games instead of the actual game and new worlds and content. But.....if it is something they could address without affecting the progression of the game itself, I think it would be pretty neat to see some updates, changes and improvements done to the mini-games.

I know that my son would surely love it....and more than likely- me as well.
Thanks so much for replying. I posted this about a month ago, which for some reason is getting replies now.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
EMC99 on Oct 21, 2014 wrote:
Thanks so much for replying. I posted this about a month ago, which for some reason is getting replies now.
Hey there, you are very welcome. I surely missed your post the first go round but I guess Duke of West Minster stumbled upon it and brought it back into the mix. I have had old posts or threads resurface as well and even had to reacquaint myself with my own ideas, since they were posted long before.

I do think that the mini-games could use some TLC to make them more appealing and I always enjoy hearing new ideas, even ideas about 'under the radar' aspects of the game, such as the mini-games. It would seem fitting that they are in need of a jazzing up, just to keep current with the game and the direction it is heading. So, maybe KI will implement some changes and add some new twists to the games....after they tend to the more pressing aspects of the game, of course.

But again, I really did think you had some good ideas there and brought up an interesting topic. Oh by the way, do you have a pirate name that you would prefer being called here on the boards or do you prefer EMC99? Either is perfectly fine, just thought I would ask.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Ooh, disregard the pirate name question. I just saw it on another thread......so, Evan it is! Unless you prefer something else of course!

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
I have noticed the high scores in the mini games are unfair . They are ridiculously high to beat and in some cases impossible to beat, this is why i don't play much mini games these days. My privateer got why too much gears from the mini games and not enough for my buccaneer and my male musketeer. I noticed they don't give as much gold as they once did back in the good old days. Just potion refill,witch is good my character don't need to look for those blue yum yum fruits for hours all over the map and other worlds she/he visited previously.

Ensign
Jun 18, 2009
I still have a bad taste from the beginnings of mini games when my first Pirate returned the cane and got a "free" turn and received nothing. I am not good at them but the highjacked scores back then made it impossible for me. If this has changed then good. I might try them again some time but...I doubt it.

Gunner's Mate
May 13, 2009
Monkrinx2024 on Oct 23, 2014 wrote:
I have noticed the high scores in the mini games are unfair . They are ridiculously high to beat and in some cases impossible to beat, this is why i don't play much mini games these days. My privateer got why too much gears from the mini games and not enough for my buccaneer and my male musketeer. I noticed they don't give as much gold as they once did back in the good old days. Just potion refill,witch is good my character don't need to look for those blue yum yum fruits for hours all over the map and other worlds she/he visited previously.
Yes, the scores are rediculously high. In fact, the high scores are hacked, so no one actually recieved a score that high, but just hacked into the game to get that highscore. If I am wrong for some reason, my apologies. I just thought they were hacked since on one update it said that the highscores on minigames have been reset due to hacks but soon after the update those really high highscores returned. I even have a highscore but it is on a wizard101 minigame, which I did not hack to get (Evan Hexshield got it on the skull dragon minigame!) My highscore might have slipped from second to something lower since I have not gone on in two years.