Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Top 3 companion you use in battle

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 31, 2010
What is the most favorite 3 companions you use in battle. mine are El Toro for his increase accuracy and dodge, Bonnie Anne because...well she's a beast, and Fin Dorsal or Subadia and hawkules when I get him. Get hawkules soon.

Jack Walker 65
Cody Silver 14

Petty Officer
Aug 11, 2013
As of now, I'm fielding an all girls team. Bonnie is my first mate, followed by Sarah Steele and Shiruku Neko. Occasionally I will substitute El Toro for Sarah or Subodai for Shiruku.

~Gibbsie

Captain
Jul 16, 2014
The Gibbs on Aug 15, 2014 wrote:
As of now, I'm fielding an all girls team. Bonnie is my first mate, followed by Sarah Steele and Shiruku Neko. Occasionally I will substitute El Toro for Sarah or Subodai for Shiruku.

~Gibbsie
Thumbs up for the all girls team!

*Bonnie Anne, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Bosun
May 10, 2010
It depends on which class I am playing....

Each class usually has their own top 3 companion set, but I must admit, it can be fun playing with all girls and sometimes with all boys. The combinations are endless as there are so many awesome companions and with the new update to powers/talents and bladestorm/mojo rising/double tap that brings many other companions up to a whole new level with a lot more fun.

Thanks for this awesome update KI!

Darth JT

Lieutenant
Nov 01, 2012
Most of the time I would use Sarah Steele, Bonnie Anne, and Samocles. Sometimes I substitute Samocles for Subodai.

Gunner's Mate
Jun 22, 2011
Bonnie Anne on Aug 15, 2014 wrote:
Thumbs up for the all girls team!
Bonnie Anne, do you use Bonnie Anne in your team? Just wondering.

Captain
Jul 16, 2014
AlphaWolf02 on Aug 18, 2014 wrote:
Bonnie Anne, do you use Bonnie Anne in your team? Just wondering.
Always

*Bonnie Anne, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Gunner's Mate
Jun 22, 2011
And does Ratbeard use Ratbeard? And do you argue with Ratbeard? So many questions!

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
I use the option now where my first mate shows up, but otherwise it is random. Of course, some crew can't show up because I keep them busy Pet Wranglin' or whatever, but still the 3rd and 4th members of my crew who show up for the fight does vary considerably.

El Toro is often my first mate through much of MooShoo, at those points where it always seems the crew are having a little trouble hitting. For First Mate I also frequently use Bonnie Anne, Hoodoo Cornelius and whichever of the new class-specific companions the pirate I am running has on his or her crew (Pete, the Marchessa, etc. - they are all very useful).

-Indigo

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
Samocles since he's AWESOME, Fan Flanders for her agility increase and damage, and keisuke yagi since he can heal, use cast of shadows, and he's MUCH more reliable than el toro.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 21, 2010
my witch uses wu tang zang cha and bonnie
and my swash uses fan flanders eagle hoplite and bonnie

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
If I had to choose I'd go with Bonnie Anne, Subodai, and Old Scratch since I be a swashbuckler and all, together we make a great team.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010
MINI Beaster on Aug 15, 2014 wrote:
What is the most favorite 3 companions you use in battle. mine are El Toro for his increase accuracy and dodge, Bonnie Anne because...well she's a beast, and Fin Dorsal or Subadia and hawkules when I get him. Get hawkules soon.

Jack Walker 65
Cody Silver 14
As a swashbuckler, i pick El Toro, Sarah Steele and Fan Flanders. I discovered it was an ironic mix of boys and girls (my pirate is a boy) though i must admit Fan Flanders does much more damage than el toro.
Toro for the buff and relentless, Sarah for the amazing utility with powers, and fan flanders for the buff and general powerfulness.

Ensign
Mar 31, 2010
Got my team now I just need zeena. I like hawkules a lot got lots of health, armour, and damage. Still super annoying though. Did I mention my father is Zeus.

Jack Walker 65
Cody silver 14

Ensign
Oct 08, 2012
Mines is Kawil, Zeena, and Peter Quint. No offense Bonnie anne, but your helping me get free pet snacks and so is Ratbeard. Ratbeard I promoted last since I'd never realized he was there, again, no offense mate, but still I love kawil. Cheers mate.

Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2013
On my Musketeer I usually use Bonnie, Chantal and Louis.
On my Privateer I use March, Bonnie and usually El Toro but possibly Kawil.
On my Witchdoctor I use Carcarius, Bonnie and Kan Po.
On my Swashbuckler (which is not max but getting there) I use Fan, Sarah and El Toro.
On my Lvl 44 Buccaneer I use Peter, Barney and Toro.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 21, 2010
update
witch uses carcarius bonnie wu tang
swash uses fan flanders she's my favorite sarah steele bonnie anne her range
privy marchy egg and bonnie i keep using bonnie
bucky uses peter quint barny and bonnie
chantal bonnie and louis

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
It depends on what pirate class, I am using.

1.El Toro 2.Kobe 3.Tamujin ( from the crown shop )

1. Sarah steel 2.Bonnie Anne 3. Fan Flanders

1. Chantal 2. Bonnie Anne 3. Radalfo

1.Kan Po 2. The Cutthroat ( from the cutthoart bundle ) 3. Dead Mike

1. Egg 2. Sargent Bob 3. Bonnie Ann

That's the top 3 Companions, for each class. I just waiting to recruit Hawkules and the Gorilla dude from the crown shop for my Bucky.

Gunner's Mate
Apr 01, 2013
No. 3: Old Scratch; I like to call him "Dr. Scratch" in battle. I use him in battle very much because of his Jobu's Breath and Bone Chant, which strategically heal and place allies for me AND the doctor. He also has very high will that increases his projectile attacks, and I upgraded his Mojo Blast to act like a Privateer's Barrage.

No. 2: Kobe Yojimbo; Sonic speed! I love how fast this attacker is. I upgraded his speed and defense so he's an even fighter who fights like a buzz-cut to a lock of hair-He cuts right through it. He may not have that high HP, but he deals damage that's higher than sugar.

No. 1: Peter Quint; One of my personal favorite companions, the pelican mercenary Peter Quint. After I upgraded him with the epics Glancing Blow, Relentless, and Vengeance Strike, it gave him the ability to strike hit sweeps and combos. I also gave him Blade Storm in case he wants to scrub all the floors in the skyway. In other words, Peter is a powerhouse. He has high HP and stats thanks to KI making him "improve the gameplay for your class". I love you KI, and thank you for bringing the iron-helmeted pelican destroyer onto the land.

Mark Laveer, Buccaneer
Boucan do it!

Gunner's Mate
Nov 14, 2013
El Toro lucy sterling and hoodo corilinus

Ensign
Jun 08, 2012
My team consists of:
Clever Trevor
El toro
Fan Flanders
Sarah Steele
I usually just use black fog, one round of buffs(since all of them have at least one buff) and then murder everyone. Increased agility, accuracy, dodge, and critical combined with 2 hidden super hits is a recipe for victory always!...unless Sarah's repel boarders activates...

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
It varies, depending on which pirate. The Higher-level pirates often use Catbeard, Bonnie Anne, Lucy Sterling, and El Toro.

The character who is currently most active is a Privateer who is developing a primate theme in his crew. His main combat team is the Marchioness as first mate, then Goronado and Hoodoo Cornelius. They are an extremely effective team. He has all but one of the Monquista monkey crew, and I am sure he will recruit the other one at some point. I am torn about the demon monkey and the undead monkey. They were monkeys, but not so much anymore...

-Indigo

P.S. Still hoping for an orangutang crewmember!