Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

How strong are we...?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 27, 2012
When I finally got to level 65, not all of my companions were and I farmed for a very, very long time to earn enough gold for training points to get them up to my level. Since that time, I have farmed all over the place in an attempt to be as strong as I possibly can be.

My question now is, for other pirates who have not maxed out yet and won't be when the update does arrive, how will they manage? In other words, how strong are we?

When the Marylebone/Aquila updates were available, it was quite a shock to the system to find out how hard it was for Monkey King, for example, and that was after doing a fair amount of farming before that update. Don't get me wrong, I like a challenge and it should be difficult but,... I am already feeling the pain of those pirates who haven't farmed to prepare for what is to come!

As it stands now, I am a level 65 buccaneer with lots of great gear, lots of gold, lots of friends, lots of doubloons but still have trepidation going into the Hydra dungeon let alone that Nefarious Tower...!! (can you smell the fear anyone?)

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Train your crew, work on your battle strategies, and equip your best gear and you will be fine.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
Silver Misty Trice on Aug 6, 2014 wrote:
When I finally got to level 65, not all of my companions were and I farmed for a very, very long time to earn enough gold for training points to get them up to my level. Since that time, I have farmed all over the place in an attempt to be as strong as I possibly can be.

My question now is, for other pirates who have not maxed out yet and won't be when the update does arrive, how will they manage? In other words, how strong are we?

When the Marylebone/Aquila updates were available, it was quite a shock to the system to find out how hard it was for Monkey King, for example, and that was after doing a fair amount of farming before that update. Don't get me wrong, I like a challenge and it should be difficult but,... I am already feeling the pain of those pirates who haven't farmed to prepare for what is to come!

As it stands now, I am a level 65 buccaneer with lots of great gear, lots of gold, lots of friends, lots of doubloons but still have trepidation going into the Hydra dungeon let alone that Nefarious Tower...!! (can you smell the fear anyone?)
Well, my fellow adventurer, it's not always a question of strength. Tactics play an important role as well. I have a basic team that I use for pvp and it usually translates into a good squad for questing also. However, there have been certain quests and battles that I have had to adjust for by choosing a different line-up of companions and gear. The Satyrs and Manticores in Aquila would be a good example. Rooke and the Dragoons on the Isle of Fetch also made it necessary for me to alter my usual tactics a little. I have beaten many pirates in pvp who had better gear than I did because my tactics were better. Of course...top tier gear couldn't hurt. I share your anticipation of the coming adventures we all will have and I stride fearlessly into the new world. A little nervous maybe, but afraid? Never. Hey...we are Pirates of the Spiral after all. What have we to fear? It's our enemies who should be afraid.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Sounds like you are a well-prepared pirate, Silver Misty. You're a strong bucanneer, you have highly skilled and able companions, and I think you should be ready for anything. The hydra, yes, I think it is the most challenging dungeon in Aquila, so being aware of that is not fearful, but sensible, knowing you need a strategy in place. As for the Nefarious Tower, that is going to be a strictly optional instance -- you don't have to attempt it. The story will be there for you whether you go into the Tower (which I have every intention of doing!) or not. Also, the Nefarious Tower is designed for group play: you are not expected to enter it going alone (though I will try that too, of course! ). So when the Tower is ready, find some high level friends to go in with you and give it a try!

What about those pirates that may not be so prepared, as you say? Well, first, if you get beaten a couple times, Boochbeard is there to remind you that maybe you should bump up your level a bit by doing some sidequests (if you haven't done them already) and/or raising the level of your companions. And you, Misty, are sensibly aware of how very important it is to have skilled companions. Now raising companion level is easier than ever. You can give your companions tasks to raise their experience level all by themselves (brawling), or send them out to get gold to purchase tomes or even find training tomes themselves. No more do we need to scrimp and save to buy those training tomes as often as possible at the expense of other nice piratey equipment. So any pirate, with a little preparation and patience, is able to take proper care of their companions, enabling any of our youthful adventurers to tackle whatever challenge will come their way.

Petty Officer
Feb 05, 2013
Were going back to Valencia, we will probably be average there.

-Lvl 65 Musketeer: Daring Destiny Dove